New Bergara B14 .22

20K views 93 replies 40 participants last post by  Kisssofdeath 
#1 ·
Here's your first look.Msrp 1150

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
I can comment on this rifle.

In late Apr/early may I attended an event where a proto-type of this rifle was available to fondle and shoot. I will say this I was impressed.

Don't remember all of the details, but feeding was flawless. No significant accuracy testing (as in 25yd or 50yd group tests) was done but we consistently hit 6" plates at 400yds (Kahles K318i optics). Shot a lot at 100yds, suppressed and un-suppressed. We only had ammo from one mfg, subs and SV, but the rifle fed and shot everything without fail.

If I could have, I'd have bought the proto-type right then there - as would a bunch of other participants.

As it is, I just ordered a Lthgow and am waiting on it to come in at the LGS (Friday I'm hoping). That said, when I go pick the Lithgow up, I'll have the LGS order a a B14 rimfire and impatiently await it's arrival. One can never have enough 22's! Rumor has it that a CF barreled version might be available down the road. We'll see. Maybe I'll HAVE to have one of those too.

#25 ·
I've seen posts on Facebook and other forums and most people were saying late 2020. Not sure where everyone is getting this info or if it's speculation but I'm guessing there's no official word?
Personally, I'm hoping it's out before my Christmas bonus rolls around. This rifle is on my short list.

#37 ·
When you guys get one I sure would be interested in some good pics and shooting review. This one is on my short list but hate to buy anything sight unseen. BPI said they don’t have a way for me to look at it in their building even though they are local to me. I don’t think any local dealers will stock since high end 22 trainers are not in demand in my area for some reason.

Carbon barrel is even more interesting, especially if they can keep the sub moa guarantee

#38 ·
When you guys get one I sure would be interested in some good pics and shooting review. This one is on my short list but hate to buy anything sight unseen. BPI said they don't have a way for me to look at it in their building even though they are local to me. I don't think any local dealers will stock since high end 22 trainers are not in demand in my area for some reason.

Carbon barrel is even more interesting, especially if they can keep the sub moa guarantee
Was really surprised when the local dealer said he ordered 3 of the steel and soon as carbon was available he was ordering two of those. He dint know about them until i asked but when he looked them up said those are real nice :D

#44 · (Edited)
The magazine looks like it owes a lot to the Vudoo V-22 design -- not enough info to know whether it is a copy or not. The MSRP is about half of what Vudoo charges for their offering. Bolt -- from the one picture I saw -- looks like a similar 40-x style design, with mid-bolt lugs, just like the Vudoo.

The R700 compatibility feature was also a Vudoo decision.

Seems to me like Bergara was paying close attention to what got folks excited in this segment of the US market and is trying to get in on the action.

To state the obvious, accuracy of the production models will be everything, I think. If it is as accurate as the Vudoo, then Vudoo will have some competition on their hands. It if isn't as accurate as the Vudoo, it is an awful lot of money. Can't deny though, it would be fun to be a beta tester . . .

[Stirring the pot . . . so if the Vudoo is compatible with the R700, and the Bergara is compatible with the R700, will I be able to get magazines from Bergara that will work in my Vudoo? . . . nahhhh, I didn't just ask that question.]

https://www.bergara.online/us/blog/new-product-release-bergara-rifles-to-introduce-their-b-14-22-lr-rifle-at-the-nasgw-expo-in-orlando-fl-oct-22-25-2019/

Scroll down here to find pix of the two-piece mid-lug bolt.

https://www.bergara.online/us/rifles/b-14r/

#47 ·
I had nothing to do with the development....

MB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.