Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Still messing with them!

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Bionicman 
#1 ·
Just picked up 3 more! Two 591’s and a 592! Been shooting 5mm most of my life. Have tried just about every mod to improve accuracy. But have settled on just glass bedding the 591’s the entire length including barrel. This seems to be the best for me!

#4 ·
Just picked up 3 more! Two 591's and a 592! Been shooting 5mm most of my life. Have tried just about every mod to improve accuracy. But have settled on just glass bedding the 591's the entire length including barrel. This seems to be the best for me!
Just curious here, so how many of these treasures do you have? I don't think I ever paid any attention to the 5mm, until I read in a gun mag in early 1990s that someone had started converting them to centerfire. I had to do a google search to get the guy's name: Craig. That did interest me, at the time, but it seemed that I'd have to load my own ammo, and I didn't want get into that (still haven't). So I'm wondering if you have one of the conversions in your collection or if anyone else here does. I've often thought about the caliber/rifle/conversion ever since reading that article.

#5 ·
Still dream of having on a more modern user friendly action. I still have my minty 592 and 22 boxes of ammo I managed to put together

The Australian Lithgow would surely be a walk up start to convert having 3 locking lugs. The only problem I see is sorting the magazine and magazine housing, oh and being to financially challenged to do it

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.