The "I Want to Gripe About Topics Related to the Ammo Shortage" Thread - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-01-2021, 02:30 PM

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
The "I Want to Gripe About Topics Related to the Ammo Shortage" Thread

Just trying to keep the clutter out of the place where people are actually talking about ammo. All future griping threads will be moved here if you don't put them here first.

As a reminder:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...d.php?t=259414

Quote:
10) No politically oriented threads or posts allowed. The firearms-related forums are for discussion of firearms, not politics. The Community Forum is a place to socialize and for off topic chat, not subjects that can lead to heated debates. We have learned from experience that discussions of politics, gun control, abortion, religion, sexual orientation, and similar "hot button" topics often degenerate into arguments that ruin friendships and divide the community. For this reason, we do not discuss such subjects at RFC and if any such thread or post is found it will be deleted immediately and may result in a temporary ban.
Old 02-01-2021, 03:04 PM
cabin22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
According to my Significant Other, due to ammo availability problems, there were no firearms related Christmas presents last year. So, instead, she gave me a beginners fly rod combo. I've never fly fished in my life. To date, it has been cheaper than a new gun, scope, or, these days apparently, any modest amount of rimfire ammo.

So my gripe is now I have a fly rod I don't know how to use, in the middle of the winter.
Old 02-01-2021, 03:41 PM
whiplash

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Perhaps we could forgo this thread altogether because so many people think the reason for the shortage is one that we agreed not to discuss.

On the other hand, people griping about ammo on the available ammo thread doesn't help either.

Or we can have a "I want to gripe about politics" thread where posters get banned immediately and get it out of their system.

It's a good day not to be a moderator.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2021, 04:17 PM
zukiphile

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
Just trying to keep the clutter out of the place where people are actually talking about ammo.
So the whole prior thread is gone?
Old 02-01-2021, 04:27 PM
LtCrunch
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Yes Zukiphile because somebody had to "be that guy" and drag it off into the ditch.

Happens every time.

Frank
Old 02-01-2021, 04:36 PM
zukiphile

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtCrunch View Post
Yes Zukiphile because somebody had to "be that guy" and drag it off into the ditch.

Happens every time.

Frank
That's why the entire thread is gone? I'd wager that like most forum software, this permits deletion of individual posts.

I just wanted to be sure that it wasn't elsewhere on the forum, and that I had just misremembered it's location.
Old 02-01-2021, 04:37 PM
Gizmo60

Ireland - Across the big pond as they say
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Shortage..... what shortage.

I can get plenty of ammo over here in EU, sad part is, always a sad part, we are in lockdown so no ranges open.

Giz
Old 02-01-2021, 05:16 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo60 View Post
Shortage..... what shortage.

I can get plenty of ammo over here in EU, sad part is, always a sad part, we are in lockdown so no ranges open.

Giz
Would you mind posting a couple examples of what pricing in EU is like on ammo. Wondering if it's closer to our pre pandemic or current prices.
Old 02-01-2021, 06:03 PM

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
On the other hand, people griping about ammo on the available ammo thread doesn't help either.
Exactly.

There is also the problem created by each new gripe starting a new thread. The first three pages of the ammo forum would be nothing but gripes and someone wanting to actually read about ammo -- say performance of or problems with -- would have to dig deep to find it. Lessons learned from the last time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
So the whole prior thread is gone?
Was there something in there you think worth preserving for posterity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
I just wanted to be sure that it wasn't elsewhere on the forum, and that I had just misremembered it's location.
Nay, you're good on the memory.

Last edited by Sophia; 02-01-2021 at 07:19 PM.
Old 02-01-2021, 07:15 PM
whiplash

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post

Was there something in there you think worth preserving for posterity?
Is there a rule against deleting cleaning threads though?

Low priced ammo hovering a 30 cents, next.
Old 02-01-2021, 07:17 PM
Gizmo60

Ireland - Across the big pond as they say
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmedinMD View Post
Would you mind posting a couple examples of what pricing in EU is like on ammo. Wondering if it's closer to our pre pandemic or current prices.
Certainly, I always believe than info is power, at least in the shopping/wallet department.

Example of Irish Prices - https://www.gunshop.ie/Rimfire-22-&-...tion-c25248666

Note - general prices across the EU are normally cheaper compared to Irish ones, our government likes its taxes/vat charges.

Giz

Edit - More.
https://www.mcavoyguns.co.uk/content...mmunition.html

https://www.allcocksoutdoorstore.co....nition/rimfire

Last edited by Gizmo60; 02-01-2021 at 07:23 PM.
Old 02-01-2021, 07:22 PM
JohnTheFisherman

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Ok, I have a gripe about the ammo shortage. People on Facebook groups and forums like this feel the need to post that a store has ammo in stock. Itís already hard enough to find but now if thereís a post that target sports USA has Sk yellow in stock itís gone in ten minutes vs. two hours. Stop it already people.

Thatís all I got.
Old 02-01-2021, 08:37 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabin22 View Post
According to my Significant Other, due to ammo availability problems, there were no firearms related Christmas presents last year. So, instead, she gave me a beginners fly rod combo. I've never fly fished in my life. To date, it has been cheaper than a new gun, scope, or, these days apparently, any modest amount of rimfire ammo.

So my gripe is now I have a fly rod I don't know how to use, in the middle of the winter.

Guess itís time to switch to some ďDry Flying?Ē Sorry...just had to. Congrats on the new rod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-01-2021, 08:42 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
CCI MMs aren't as dependable as they used to be.

Now about that fly rod cabin22; you have a good selection of different weight lines and sinking vs floating? How's the fly selection? Lots of them don'tcha know. Got different tippets? Gonna try your hand at tying your own flies? Got a net, nets? Stringer? New camera phone for 24mg pix?
Where ya going to fish and what for, see above comments.

Oh have a backup rod justin case the primary one gets broken in a car door or some other accident waiting to happen and start over equipping it.

You can practice casting in your backyard after watching a utube or 3 of doing it the right way and the various casts, mending your line, etc..

Are you allowed to open carry a sidearm where you fish and what ammo will you have in it.

Old 02-01-2021, 09:34 PM
*Doc Holliday

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
22 ammo

I hate to say this but I saw it coming......I paid premium as I bought it when I found it. I'll not be buying an more as the prices have gone way up.....I go thru 10,000 rounds yearly so I'm good for 5 yrs.