Target scope for 452 - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-14-2016, 07:01 PM
bob hardy
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Hard to argue with any of the recommendations, but I'd like to add one more. Take a hard look at the Mueller 8.5x25 TAC for about $165. You won't be sorry. I've had mine on my 10/22t that rides in my trunk for about 9 yrs. still holds zero. Very clear . I easily read holes at 100 yds.
Bob
Old 08-15-2016, 02:39 AM
MDStroup

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguehunter View Post
Looking to have a little more fun with my 452. I have a 2-7 rimfire on it now, but I was thinking of a target scope in the 9 to 14 power range that won't brake the bank.

What about the Nikon EFR in 9 power?
Any others in the -/+ $300 range?

thanks,
RH
It depends on if you want to go front/first focal plane or second focal plane. Here are two good options. One is a FFP scope, the other is a SFP scope.

http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-a.../p/pa4-14xffp/

http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-a...416x/p/pa416x/
Old 08-15-2016, 07:50 AM
jhrushton

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You do not mention the distance you plan to shoot at. The target shooting I do is off-hand indoor sporter at 50 feet. That made scope selection a real challenge since many of the rimfire scopes are not adjustable objective. That is not a problem if you are shooting at 30 plus yards where most of them are adjusted.
Also for close range shooting the mil dot or other dot type sites are going to be a real problem as they cover the 10 ring. You would need to find a fine crossed reticle for precision shooting.
If you are shooting at longer ranges and from a bench, the selection is much less critical.
Finally, I have had very poor support from Nikon. Their customer service is the pits. I own several (4) and would not buy another. I also have a Rimfire Nikon for sale if anyone is interested in a deal on one. PM me for details.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:33 AM
teetertotter
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
A nice TARGET Scope might have 1/8, 3/8, or 1/2 inch DOT or fine cross hair, to name some specs. If you can find an AO scope vs side focus for target shooting, you might want to consider. Fixed scopes for target competition, are nice.

Parallax from 50 feet to infinity are nice if plan to do some indoor shooting. Hunting scopes might have a parallax of 50 yards + and usually side focus.

There are many things to consider in looking for a TARGET scope. Selection of true AO or Fixed Target Scopes are pretty limited by manufactures these days...IMO
Old 08-15-2016, 01:49 PM
Csc57
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I have a Hawke 8-32x 30mm scope for sale that is great for bench shooting which cost new $500 but I am selling for $350 shipped. I was able to see 17hmr hits out to 200 yards.

Let me know if your interested.