The New Smith & Wesson .22 LR Victory Thread (the place to discuss this new pistol) - Page 66 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-20-2016, 10:48 PM
FNG62

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I went to the range today and they had a Victory for rent, so I did. I really liked it. Last time I was there I had some other S&W 22lr(not a MP22) . It was ok for being my first time with a gun. The victory was much nicer for my rookie shooting needs.

They also had a Kimber 45 1911 converted to a 22lr that I tried to try. I liked the feel for the 12 or so rounds the thing would shoot. The thing was jamming with one problem or the other. The range guy said it was common with that gun. So back to the Victory for another 100 rounds. I could like that gun.
Old 07-20-2016, 10:48 PM
FNG62

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I went to the range today and they had a Victory for rent, so I did. I really liked it. Last time I was there I had some other S&W 22lr(not a MP22) . It was ok for being my first time with a gun. The victory was much nicer for my rookie shooting needs.

They also had a Kimber 45 1911 converted to a 22lr that I tried to try. I liked the feel for the 12 or so rounds the thing would shoot. The thing was jamming with one problem or the other. The range guy said it was common with that gun. So back to the Victory for another 100 rounds. I could learn to like that gun.
Old 07-21-2016, 03:25 AM
Doc Robin
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I've got a Victory coming from Bud's, I'm ready to try it out, once it gets cleaned and lubed. I've got plenty of ammo to try in it.

FNG62: I've tried two of the Kimber conversion kits on my Pro Carry II; both worked great without any problems. Both were very accurate also.

Bill

WPS
Old 07-21-2016, 08:26 AM
fritzmccorkle
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Send a message via ICQ to fritzmccorkle
i've got 6 Marks and i have found the victory easier to get going with less work. the trigger is great in my opinion. i have asked hogue for rubber grips a few times now. volquartzen just came out with their grip, but it's not really what i'm looking for and cost $150.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:36 AM
FNG62

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Robin View Post
I've got a Victory coming from Bud's, I'm ready to try it out, once it gets cleaned and lubed. I've got plenty of ammo to try in it.

FNG62: I've tried two of the Kimber conversion kits on my Pro Carry II; both worked great without any problems. Both were very accurate also.

Bill

WPS
I'm sure that most conversions are reliable or they would not sell as well as they do. The guy at the range said this one just happens to be temperamental.

Congrats on your new Victory.
Old 07-21-2016, 12:04 PM
rubberband

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
FWIW my LGS (mentioned in the 10/22 take-down forum, $229 thread) , is running a special on the Victory; $329 standard & $339 threaded. Pretty sure they are on gunbroker & will ship.
Old 07-30-2016, 09:48 PM
cts1990

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
After my last 2 range sessions, and over 800 more rounds through my Victory, I made an interesting discovery I'd like to pass along. My history with this pistol has been an adventure to say the least. All related to reliable ejecting issues.

After tweaking the ejector guide in the upper receiver, I found the sweet spot. No more FTE's. Until they started back up today. What I discovered was when I rested the pistol on the bottom of the grip (and the magazine buttplate) the FTE's came back. So it turns out the magazine being pushed maybe 1mm further into the chamber screwed up the ejection angles. Shoot the pistol freehand or resting it on the barrel and it ejects 100% of the time.

Lesson learned. Shoot freehand.
Old 07-31-2016, 12:19 AM
milsuper

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Speaking of interesting discovery, so far my Victory has been running flawlessly. Only two times when it failed to fire out of about 900 rounds were both when I inadvertently bumped the safety on with my right thumb. Now I am shooting as if I'm shooting a 1911 with my right thumb riding above the safety pointing slightly up. I wish the safety was a little bit flatter like my M & P Shield, but it's an easy fix with victory by adapting a slight position change of my thumb.

Last edited by milsuper; 07-31-2016 at 12:26 AM.
Old 07-31-2016, 10:18 AM
ejk

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have over 2500 rounds thru my Victory and have had zero problems . Since I started using my inch lb torque wrench I have never had either the barrel or take down screw loosen up . Both are torqued to 35 in lbs lubed . With my red dot it is very accurate with CCI Subsonic ammo . Because of vision problems factory sights are a problem for me but the Victory sights are a nice sight . I will eventually replace the grips when there are more choices .
Old 08-07-2016, 02:19 PM
loliver

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
[QUOTE=Csc57;6733849]My victory is finished.

Victory with threaded barrel
Holosun 503c micro dot
The pull thing attached
Supressor

Hi, Just got mine yesterday Shot a few mags through it suppressed, works great. What is "the pull thing" you speak of? My hand strength is not real great anymore, this help with that?
Old 08-07-2016, 02:27 PM
Csc57

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
[QUOTE=loliver;6968705]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csc57 View Post
My victory is finished.

Victory with threaded barrel
Holosun 503c micro dot
The pull thing attached
Supressor

Hi, Just got mine yesterday Shot a few mags through it suppressed, works great. What is "the pull thing" you speak of? My hand strength is not real great anymore, this help with that?
Tandemkross attachment. Search it on eBay or amazon it costs around 45bucks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Old 08-07-2016, 03:26 PM
cts1990

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It's called the halo ring. Also available direct from Tandemkross in 2 colors. Black & aluminum. Good company to order from.
Old 08-07-2016, 08:53 PM
huntsman22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
pull thingies....

Old 08-08-2016, 10:07 PM
tc1cat

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Barrel changeability??

Since I have not seen anyone else mention it, I will ask. Smith considers this pistol to have a removable interchangeable barrel, why do they list the barrel assembly/barrel as a armorer only changeable part? This is one of the bigger selling points for this pistol for me. Don't like the factory barrel- change it to something different. And then they list the Volquartsen barrels on their web site for sale. Sounds like the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing?????
Old 08-08-2016, 10:30 PM
gregbenner

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc1cat View Post
Since I have not seen anyone else mention it, I will ask. Smith considers this pistol to have a removable interchangeable barrel, why do they list the barrel assembly/barrel as a armorer only changeable part? This is one of the bigger selling points for this pistol for me. Don't like the factory barrel- change it to something different. And then they list the Volquartsen barrels on their web site for sale. Sounds like the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing?????
Talk to your Lawyer, bet he will know