Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-02-2021, 12:32 PM
tbates66
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Brocock??

Anyone about there shoot a Brocock air rifle? Seeing one being shot by a woman who eradicates invasive species in Forida. I'll appreciate any info you can provide from your experiences.
Old 03-04-2021, 05:04 PM
Mr-Subsonic

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have owned 2 Brocock air rifles, The one that I still own is a great shooter. It has adjustable power level and is regulated. I believe they have Lothar Walthar barrels which explains the consistent accuracy. At a distance of 25 to 40 yards, it will go toe to toe with my CZ 457.

[ATTACH]KIMG0406.jpg[/ATTACH]

Attached Images
File Type: jpg KIMG0534.jpg (512.2 KB, 7 views)
Old 03-19-2021, 07:52 AM
mcoulter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi there, I have a .22 Brocock Sniper HR Magnum. The HR indicates it's regulated with a HUMA regulator and the magnum indicates that it is a higher power model. With JSB Monsters (25.4 grain) it's a 45-46 fpe gun shooting these pellets right around 900 fps. The barrel on this model is a LW polygonal version. While the barrel is shrouded, I would not call it backyard friendly at its normal power level. I also refer to this gun as a one-trick-pony. It shoots these monsters very well, but has not shot any other pellet well. Ironically, the next best shooting pellet are the cheap crosman hollow point 14 grainers shot at low power. The gun has a "power adjuster" which is a simple air flow restrictor.

While it's nice that the gun has an externally adjustable regulator, you can only adjust it UP when the gun is pressurized. If you try to adjust it down, you will damage the regulator. You need to degass the gun to lower the reg pressure. The hammer spring is also adjustable but the stock needs to be removed to do so (which is easy).

I like the size of the gun, it shoulders VERY nicely and is exceptionally well finished.

I recently acquired a Kalibrgun Cricket II in the same caliber and the Brocock is sitting. I will be putting this sniper up for sale and would be glad to give you further details if you're interested.

Here's are two 5-shot groups comparing Monsters to NSA slugs at 50 yards:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2021, 02:17 PM
Mr-Subsonic

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wow ! How long is that with the moderator? I'm guessing 48 -50"
Old 03-19-2021, 03:19 PM
mcoulter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Close, the gun itself is 40.5 inches long and I think that moderator was about 5 or 6 inches. And after getting the cricket II, which is about 27 inches long, this seems really long!

I can't recall if I shared this pic here or not, but here's how the length compares with my diana 43 and crickets:

Last edited by mcoulter; 03-19-2021 at 03:22 PM.
Old 03-19-2021, 05:29 PM
Mr-Subsonic

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That's quite a spread ! I had a RAW HMX 1000 that was about 48" long and 11-12 lbs scoped and loaded. It shot great but dang.......a lot to lug around. My Vulcan was compact, accurate and a great off hand shooter but we just never clicked. Nice stable of guns there.
Herb