Eliminating multiple rifles - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2021, 02:06 AM
Moedum1

TPC Rating: 
100% (33)

For years I told myself I had to start downsizing as Iím not getting any younger! But for every one or two I let go of Iíd find another interesting rifle to purchase. Finally about three years ago I got serious. Some of the rifles now gone were (2) CZ 452 Americans, a 453 American, a 453 Varmint, a 452 Lux, (2) 452 Trainers, several CZ 455ís, (2) CZ 512ís, Browning 22 Auto, Browning BL, Remington 541 S, Kimber H/S, Kimber Pro Varmint and a beautiful 452-2E in a BRNO Mod 2 Hunter stock I sold just this week. Iím now down to three rifles. A CZ 452 Grand Finale, a Winchester Mod 69A and a CZ 452 FS. It just seemed like after the newness of the others wore off, I always turned back to these three rifles. If any of the kids or grandkids showed any interest in shooting, Iíd probably have given a few to them. Iíll leave these three to someone but for now Iíll just continue to enjoy shooting them.

All but three of my scopes are now gone as well, and the rings, mounts, extra magazines, etc. Iím selling off a little at a time. Itís amazing how much stuff you accumulate over the years.

Do I regret letting any of those rifles go? I can happily say, no!
Old 02-26-2021, 11:53 AM
bam-bam

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bandit.................... don't give up what you can't replace.

I remember trading off my S&W revolvers back in the late 80 early 90s...... about a decade later I realized I wanted a couple of Smiths (19/66)..... took me years to find what I wanted locally in the condition my old ones were in when I Sold/traded them away........ and at 3 times the cost.
Old 02-26-2021, 01:09 PM
284wahoo
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Old 02-26-2021, 01:34 PM
bam-bam

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That said; if you ever want to get rid of the FS .17HMR you know how to find me
Old 02-26-2021, 02:23 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
These are decisions that everyone has to make for themselves and then live with. All my life I have been blessed with a wife that has for the most part been very understanding/forgiving of my passion for buying guns, and other things. However, after the age of 70 you start looking at your collection and it starts to look kind of crazy, selfish, or however you want to put it. Over the past 7 years or so I have cut my collection down considerably, particularly my rifles. Do I have any regrets, sure I do at times, like the two as new Kimber rifles for example. I still have certain guns put back for my kids and grandkids, but they don't share the same passion for guns that I have. At best, gun ownership is only temporary anyway.
Old 02-26-2021, 04:51 PM
jeff miller

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
Every time I open my big safe I think, some of these need to go, then I start trying to decide which one...and I just close the safe back up....

WHAT HE SAID^ ^

JEFF
Closed Thread