Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-25-2019, 10:06 AM
Jim38885

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tippmann M4-22 triggers

Just curious. When I demo'd the TA M4-22 at the LGS the rep offered that some aftermarket triggers would fit. He didn't say which ones.

Anyone find an aftermarket trigger that works? I'd like smoother and about 3# but not particular about the weight if under 4.

I tried to install a Geissele SSA-E, didn't work. Seemed like the pivot pins were too close together but not sure. I'm going to try again. I have installed multiple other triggers in a variety of AR-15 rifles w/o problems.

Been shooting the rifle, quite pleased, excellent groups and functioning. Also received new 25 and short 10 round mags. The new ones have a steel insert to control the cartridge and work very well. As soon as I figure out how to post photos I'll add a few.

Jim
Old 11-25-2019, 11:58 AM
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have installed Elftmann Match, KE Arms SLT-2 and ALG Defense ACT trigger with great success. All are drop in installation, (no modifications) and cycle with Bulk pack ammo.

I have tried several Geissele's and to make them work you have to fit them to the rifle by filing the safety and sometimes the bolt. I also tried Velocity 4# and a Trigger Tech and neither worked.

It appears the non-standard safety is pushing slightly on the trigger bar, this is causing the issues.

My favorite at the moment is the SLT-2. It's smooth and you can make it run!
Old 11-25-2019, 01:31 PM
Jim38885

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
CJT50,

Thank you. I could see that something was interfering with the Geissele but didn't investigate enough to determine what was wrong. Your analysis is greatly appreciated.

Other than the ALG ACT I have no experience with the ones you indicated as fitting. I will look into these. Might try an ACT but not sure if it will be a significant improvement over the factory Tippmann trigger, which is an acceptable trigger.

Thanks again,

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2019, 08:53 AM
kzeitz
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Question trigger

Hello,
I've read your earlier comments,what is the best choice?I can only afford to do this once(retired).
thanks
Old 11-27-2019, 12:35 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kzeitz View Post
Hello,
I've read your earlier comments,what is the best choice?I can only afford to do this once(retired).
thanks
When you can get them on sale, the ALG ACT triggers are a good value. ALG will usually have a great deals during black friday weekend. ($50ish) The other 2 I mentioned are well over the $150 mark.

I have one installed with the Tippmann OEM springs and its very smooth and reliable. A great improvement over the gritty trigger Tippmann provides in my opinion.

Last edited by CJT50; 11-27-2019 at 12:39 PM.
Old 11-27-2019, 05:30 PM
Jim38885

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
CJT50,

Thank you for the additional information.

I will try an ACT with the TA springs, I have one available. The ACT is a good trigger, just not an SSA-E.

Jim
Old 12-09-2019, 11:11 AM
Jim38885

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The factory Tippmann trigger pulled at 4-5#. A bit grittier than I wanted, not bad but certainly not great.

I lightly polished faces on the factory trigger, weight didn't change or at least not much but it was a bit smoother. Still wasn't what I wanted.

Installed an ALG ACT, no issues. The weight dropped to the low end of 4# but it was noticeably smoother. I'll keep this configuration. I'm used to 4# AR triggers and as a training piece it's a good place to be.

Jim
Old 12-17-2019, 03:27 PM
backtrack9

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim38885 View Post
The factory Tippmann trigger pulled at 4-5#. A bit grittier than I wanted, not bad but certainly not great.

I lightly polished faces on the factory trigger, weight didn't change or at least not much but it was a bit smoother. Still wasn't what I wanted.

Installed an ALG ACT, no issues. The weight dropped to the low end of 4# but it was noticeably smoother. I'll keep this configuration. I'm used to 4# AR triggers and as a training piece it's a good place to be.

Jim

Jim and others,

Let me a quick suggestion. Use the JP Rifle Reduced Power Spring Kit with your ALG ACT triggers. The full hammer spring strength of a standard centerfire intended spring is not needed for these rimfires. Take a look at my previous post:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1153189

The JP Reduced Power Springs Kit allows failure free use of subsonic ammo, as well as CCI Mini-Mags (1050 ft/s) rounds. The overall trigger weight is still safe and with the ALG ACT, as smooth as glass!!!
Old 06-19-2020, 11:05 AM
zukiphile
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Can I replace the original buffer spring with a $3 spring from a centerfire AR?
Old 06-19-2020, 11:42 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
Can I replace the original buffer spring with a $3 spring from a centerfire AR?
No, the buffer and spring assembly are proprietary.
Old 06-24-2020, 11:01 AM
Leonard T

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
CJT50 do you know if the reduced power spring kits from any manufacturer can be used on the factory triggers?
Old 06-24-2020, 12:43 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard T View Post
CJT50 do you know if the reduced power spring kits from any manufacturer can be used on the factory triggers?
I have never tried them myself with the Tippmann trigger / hammer. I have tried the "yellow" JP spring set with an ALG ACT trigger in my Tippmann and it worked fine.
Old 06-24-2020, 03:23 PM
Leonard T

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks CJ. The spring kits at JoeBobs are $7 & $12 for the KAW & JP brands so not a big deal if they dont work can use them on other ARs.
Old 06-29-2020, 03:50 PM
Marvet85

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I polished mine up a bit and I’m going to try a yellow spring today with the stock trigger. I ordered an ALG ACT and I’ll follow up soon. Also running DA Mask so I’ll follow up soon today.
Old 07-04-2020, 03:32 AM
Marvet85

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Update:

I tossed in the ambidextrous safety selector and initially ran into a tiny issue. The detent that is In the Receiver under pressure from the spring is a little too sharp and will feel gritty as hell on the selector, making it hard to switch to fire. I took the detent out and did a few passes on the point on 1200 sandpaper. Selector feels really snappy now.

The alg act trigger with the yellow spring feels really nice over the factory trigger with yellow springs. No failures yet but this seems to be the way to go now so I’ll report back if any issues.