Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-08-2021, 12:47 PM
skylerbone
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mark IVs, Where Are They?

Fairly long time member who doesnít post much these days but sometimes you have to ask the experts so here I am.

Does anyone have a source for actually buying a Mark IV at a reasonable price? Iím seeing prices at or over MSRP on multiple sites, with limited availability.

Specifically, Iím looking for a Target with threaded barrel or 40159 with Target style grips. Thank you in advance.
Old 11-08-2021, 03:41 PM
Todd-67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
They have been hard to get for a while now. They sold a crap load of them last year and early this year mainly from the ammo price/availability issues. .22's are gaining in popularity which is both good and bad depending on how you look at it.

The threaded target is only available in stainless or a distributor exclusive threaded. The target model with the target style grips is a very difficult gun to find. I looked for one for a while before just buying a Mark IV 22/45 lite and adding the grips.

Keep watching the sites and put your email in the notify me boxes i they have them. I have had this work out for me a few times over the last 18 months.
Old 11-08-2021, 08:55 PM
US Navy

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Welcome to the world of COVID. Seems everything is in short supply and overpriced. As far your want list here, that might be a tough one as there just weren't allot of target models made with threaded barrels. ( Some states don't even allow them.) Seems many that were threaded, were distributor exclusives. I'd suggest you have your local gunshop(s) see if they can find one of those for you (and be resolved to pay for it if/when one is located.) As for grips, they can always be changed out after the purchase. Heck the entire top end can be changed to a aftermarket threaded model if you really can't find one now.

Last edited by Tacoma; 11-08-2021 at 09:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2021, 08:25 PM
Bimmer74

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I like Gun.Deals and/or GunBroker when I'm searching for something specific like this (which is always, because I'm really picky about which guns I buy).

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/736676401598

Right now, it looks like the gun you want isn't availabley anywhere...
Old 11-10-2021, 01:47 AM
ammo-can

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
https://www.turnbullrestoration.com/...ter_make=ruger
Old 11-10-2021, 05:37 AM
fourbore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Most gun related stuff is selling at MSRP these days. And, MSRP numbers are up across the board. Not just guns, lots of product is in short supply.

We have people who can wait, and we have people who are part of the problem. That that FWIW.
Old 11-10-2021, 01:48 PM
skylerbone

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Iíve looked long and hard at those Turnbulls, beautiful indeed! I do have a few notifications set, Iím still hopeful Ruger might release the MSH for consumer purchase to perhaps do a Kraken build, but in the meantime PSA sort of made my decision for me. Just ordered a Keltec PMR30 for $349 and now Iíll be chasing down ammo for that.

Thank you all for the responses and Iíll continue to keep my eyes peeled for a Mark IV and my other true unicorn; the U22 Neos Carbine Kit.
Old 11-10-2021, 06:00 PM
wvjoetc

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I stopped by my local shop today just to look around, he had two MKIV's in stock. One was a 10" blued target priced at 519 and a MKIV 22/45 Lite at 515. These are the first new MKIV pistols I've seen in a good while, hopefully a good sign, we shall see.
Old 11-10-2021, 06:50 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
I'm hoping to snag a stainless or blued threaded Target soon. Haven't seen any around but I haven't been looking that hard outside of online.
Old 11-10-2021, 09:08 PM
US Navy

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Why choose?? I couldn't.
Here is a Limited edition target I picked up a couple years back. ( Sports South Exclusive if memory serves.) Blued lower end ( for lighter weight) SS top, threaded. This one has gotten a Apex trigger and FO sight upgrade as well. My favorite MK IV of the 5 or 6 I've owned actually!

Last edited by Tacoma; 11-10-2021 at 09:18 PM.
Old 11-11-2021, 10:01 AM
JonHarmon

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourbore View Post
Most gun related stuff is selling at MSRP these days. And, MSRP numbers are up across the board. Not just guns, lots of product is in short supply.

We have people who can wait, and we have people who are part of the problem. That that FWIW.
Meaning people paying a premium for them now are maintaining the inflated prices, ruining it for those who are trying to wait. Didn't think of it like that.

WHat would you say is the threshold, so that one isn't continuing to do so? Ik you didn't have something so specific in mind, but yeah even MSRP is through the roof, $700 on a 40150 tactical... sincerely how far off list should one hold out for, where you'd say no longer part of the problem?

It's a great example of worth being what someone is willing to pay. Otherwise at some point the more available and less expensive sw22 & buckmark will and have become prudent alternatives to overpaying, or waiting.

Waiting?!

Last edited by JonHarmon; 11-11-2021 at 10:06 AM.
Old 11-11-2021, 02:12 PM
Bossco

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Someone offered me $900 I’d let mine go!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 217334D0-F4A2-42A8-93CB-76B468D6466C_1636657900359.jpg (480.4 KB, 11 views)
Old 11-11-2021, 03:02 PM
skylerbone

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well Iíve got a Neos, a BuckMark full of upgrades, a Single-Six Convertible, Wrangler, the PMR on the way, and a Mark IV Target 5.5Ē Bull upper (complete) purchased from VQ so I have other toys to wait it out.

I hadnít looked at the Mark since it was the II and had no sense of pricing until I came across numerous websites that had not updated prices since running out of stock. Sort of disheartening to see $430 pistols going for $599 on GB. Somewhere in that neighborhood I imagine Simpsons having a nice Hi Standard I could learn to love.

I should mention the 5.5Ē BBL with sights is $75/3 pack (without cases) at VQ right now if you need one and have a friend or two in need. These are receiver/barrel/ejector only, all other guts not included but if youíve upgraded your bolt and extractor and still have the OEMs lying around...