JWH Custom Customer Service - Page 5 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-14-2021, 01:19 PM
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (281)

I'm just hoping that as an RFC sponsor with the many negative comments here about their customer service, and this thread and the PayPal decision, that it serves as a wake-up call for JWH. Not sure what is going on there, but it isn't good. 'Tis a shame!

Doug
Old 10-14-2021, 02:00 PM
DrGunner
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr65 View Post
I'm just hoping that as an RFC sponsor with the many negative comments here about their customer service, and this thread and the PayPal decision, that it serves as a wake-up call for JWH. Not sure what is going on there, but it isn't good. 'Tis a shame!

Doug
Iíd BET that JWH isnít even aware of the existence of this thread.

Itís really a shame, cuz they have a unique niche in the market cornered, and had a good rep here when they started out. Iím not sure what percentage of their orders come from here, but itís pretty safe to assume that negative CS reports that are shared and go completely unanswered will hurt their bottom line over time. This market can be a very forgiving lot IF the vendor cares enough to make things right.
Itís kinda hard to do that when you make yourself virtually inaccessible to your clientele.

DrGunner
Old 10-14-2021, 02:08 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (75)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Agree... when they started there was growing pains... then it got much better and indeed they were both responsive and responsible... I own at least 6 of there bolts and a dozen charging handle assemblies... horded them for a while because they were very good/and some were bought reasonable... that was 2-3 years back... a shame what they have turned into. New Ownership/Mngmt. does that sometimes.
Old 10-14-2021, 02:39 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (281)
They definitely have shot themselves in the foot. How anyone thinks they can have a successful business in today's marketplace with lousy (non-existent) customer service is beyond me. Word-of-mouth has become word-of-internet with a far faster and wider reach.

Doug
Old 10-14-2021, 07:24 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
They definitely have shot themselves in the foot. How anyone thinks they can have a successful business in today's marketplace with lousy (non-existent) customer service is beyond me. Word-of-mouth has become word-of-internet with a far faster and wider reach.

Doug
+1,000,000Ö.

My staff told me I was getting to crabby towards our customers. I was. So now , ive put someone nicer than me between them and me. They ask him the question, he says , ill get right back to you, asks me the question, gets the answers, and training, calls them back , and makes them happy. Its a win win for everyone.
Old 10-15-2021, 10:29 AM
semi_auto

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
Well I'm assuming that your talking about a VQ bolt because it's one of the only ones I know of for the 10/22 that cost more than $220.
That would be correct. Was not impressed with their cust service over that deal then later, I had a trigger reworked and was overly impressed with how well they treated me then. You never know.

Currently waiting on a JWH bolt to come in the mail, hope it works with this older receiver. No tracking #'s, just a couple e-mails, the last saying they have finished processing the order.
Old 10-15-2021, 10:52 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (281)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGunner View Post
Iíd BET that JWH isnít even aware of the existence of this thread.

Itís really a shame, cuz they have a unique niche in the market cornered, and had a good rep here when they started out. Iím not sure what percentage of their orders come from here, but itís pretty safe to assume that negative CS reports that are shared and go completely unanswered will hurt their bottom line over time. This market can be a very forgiving lot IF the vendor cares enough to make things right.
Itís kinda hard to do that when you make yourself virtually inaccessible to your clientele.

DrGunner
You may be right about that, DrG. First I sent two Emails that went unanswered, and I called several times with all calls going immediately to voice mail with no ability to leave a message as their "mailbox is full". I even sent a them an RFC PM --member to Sponsor -- that never got a response. PayPal contacted them following my complaint and they were not responsive to that either. Truly mystifying as semi_auto (above post) says he has placed an order with JWH and they advised that they were processing his order. So it seems that someone is there.

Just want to wish you luck, semi_auto!

Doug
Old 10-15-2021, 11:42 AM
semi_auto

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
You may be right about that, DrG. First I sent two Emails that went unanswered, and I called several times with all calls going immediately to voice mail with no ability to leave a message as their "mailbox is full". I even sent a them an RFC PM --member to Sponsor -- that never got a response. PayPal contacted them following my complaint and they were not responsive to that either. Truly mystifying as semi_auto (above post) says he has placed an order with JWH and they advised that they were processing his order. So it seems that someone is there.

Just want to wish you luck, semi_auto!

Doug
Thanks for the good luck wish. My order was placed last Saturday, the 9th and an e-mail saying it was processed the 11th, that Monday. I will let you know how it goes.
Old 10-15-2021, 05:56 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
You'll get your order. Let's just hope you don't have any issues with it because if you do you will never hear from them again.
Old 10-15-2021, 08:30 PM
Horsefly
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
I ordered a bolt from their engraver 6/8 weeks ago & received it pretty promptly. I hadn't shot with it yet, but it seems to be cycling fine by hand. Communication with the engraver, Atomic Engraving, wasn't great but I don't really have any complaints.

Hopefully I won't have any issues!
Old 10-18-2021, 06:09 PM
ss monte

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
I have a question/statement for the original poster. When I built my last 10/22, I put in an aftermarket charging handle and when it was without the trigger group it worked fine, but as soon as I put the trigger group in and dropped it all in the stock, the bolt would lock up. Just like you are describing. The charging handle was out of tolerance and was locking it up. Just food for thought.
Old 10-19-2021, 12:15 AM
semi_auto

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Took about a week from order to delivery. Got my JWH bolt in today. Worked and functioned fine.
Old 10-19-2021, 07:38 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (281)
Quote:
Originally Posted by semi_auto View Post
Took about a week from order to delivery. Got my JWH bolt in today. Worked and functioned fine.

Happy to hear that, semi_auto.

I have four JWH bolts and all work just fine. It was only this latest one that was a non-starter (literally). So if you get a good one (maybe the odds are in your favor), and don't have to deal with their customer service, you are in good shape. But, if not...

I can definitely say that they will NEVER get another order from me.

Doug
Old 10-19-2021, 10:17 AM
semi_auto

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Happy to hear that, semi_auto.

I have four JWH bolts and all work just fine. It was only this latest one that was a non-starter (literally). So if you get a good one (maybe the odds are in your favor), and don't have to deal with their customer service, you are in good shape. But, if not...

I can definitely say that they will NEVER get another order from me.

Doug
That's pretty bad when a repeat customer has such issues. I got lucky, if I would had read this post before I placed the order, well I wouldn't had ordered it from there.

On the flipside, I wasn't happy when I bought a VQ bolt that would not work in this same receiver that I just put the JWH bolt in. I was done with them and then I needed a hammer spring for my VQ trigger. So reluctantly, I sent it in and they upgraded the trigger since the old trigger never had hammer spring. I was amazed there was no charge for this. That was above and beyond good customer service.

Maybe your luck will change also.