Match Grade Scope - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-12-2021, 07:06 AM
Pressman
US Army Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Match Grade Scope

I am looking for a decent match scope for 50ft indoor Position shooting. Our winter league will be starting soon and all the scopes I own, none really fits the situation.

I upgraded my rifle this year to a CM-2 and need to get a scope capable of getting all the accuracy I can from this rifle.

The biggest challenge I have had in my search id finding the right reticle. A very fine cross hair would be great. Or possible a very small target dot.

All I have been able to find are tacti-cool reticles. They are overly complicated and not fine enough for precise shooting.

And the usual, front objective must focus to 50 ft, 40mm objective and 4x or lower power. Any number over 4x amplifies my wobble too much.

I am sure there is such a scope out there, but hours of searching has not turned one up yet.

Of course price is a consideration also.

Ken
Old 10-12-2021, 07:40 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
leupold 3-9 x 33 efr comes to mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2021, 07:39 AM
crankythunder

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Leupold 6.5x20 efr

If you can find one, the leupold 6.5x20 with a 40mm objective is the scope to get.

It will focus down to 50 foot, which is something you will need in indoor smallbore shooting. Not sure if Leupold makes them any more, probably be able to find one on the used market or on ebay or gun broker. expect to pay around 600 bucks.

They come with either a fine reticle or a reticle with a dot. some prefer one, some prefer the other, and myself, I think I prefer the plain fine crosshairs but will shoot either one.

If that is a bit too pricy, and not being up to date in current scope offerings, the minimum focus distance is important. I would also shy away from objective lenses bigger then 40 mm, they are just too big and make the rifle awkward to handle in position shooting. 20 power is about the max you will want in offhand, personally I crank it down to about 16 power.

I have a few of the Leupolds on some of my rifles, and frequently loan them out to newbies on the team until they can get their own equipment. Been shooting smallbore for a few decades and run a team in Lansing, Michigan.

Regards,
crankster

Last edited by crankythunder; 10-13-2021 at 07:41 AM. Reason: misspellings added to verify authorship by engineer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2021, 07:44 AM
crankythunder

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Hey pressman

I wouldnt worry about the 4 power lower end you put on yourself, with a little bit of practice, you will be able to handle the higher power in offhand. My primary rifle is a Winchester 52c with a 16 power fixed unertl scope and I handle that with no problems offhand, kneeling, sitting and prone.
Old 10-13-2021, 11:06 AM
DavidABQ
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
I know this is more magnification than what you listed but maybe tak a look at a Leupold VX-3, in 6.5-20x40 EFR. I have a couple and they are great scopes.
Old 10-13-2021, 11:20 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Leupold 6.5x20 efr would be a very good choice and they will focus down to about 35 feet!
Old 10-14-2021, 05:33 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I would go with a NX8 4-32x50 F1 or F2.

The parallax adjustment can go down to 11 yards/10 meters/33 feet.

However, all the available reticles are complex and busy.

Top of the Line: March scope 5x-50x56mm D50V56T FP2

Parallax adjustment down to 10 yds/30 feet.

Crosshair or dot target reticles. https://marchscopes.com/scopes/d50v56t/

What's in your wallet?
Old 10-14-2021, 09:23 AM
Pressman
US Army Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
esk808, I talked to my banker about getting a March scope. The reply was a very determined NO. If you need a scope that badly, go buy a Leupold.

Ken
Old 10-14-2021, 02:51 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressman View Post
esk808, I talked to my banker about getting a March scope. The reply was a very determined NO.

Ken

No truer words have been spoken

However, I'm way down the rabbit hole in getting good things for rimfire BR....

Seriously thinking of a March scope for an Anschutz 2013: 8-80x 56mm with a 34mm tube.... the problem was no 34mm rings for an 11mm dovetail rail.
Kelbly says they have them.......... My banker would say NO, but I don't think I'll ask him...........

Last edited by esk808; 10-14-2021 at 02:57 PM.