Greenlaw delima - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-10-2021, 04:58 PM
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Greenlaw delima

I am going to purchase a Greenlaw top for my Rock BR base. I am shooting a CZ 457 MTR in the ARA factory class. I am shooting with a Protektor bag on my Rock BR now. I'm trying to decide whether to get the standard windage and use my Protektor bag or get the adjustable windage top. Decisions, decisions....$125 difference in price. Do i need the adjustable top with the three bags?
Old 09-10-2021, 05:24 PM
Jerryrig
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Greenlaw delima

The bag is included with the adj rest.
Old 09-10-2021, 05:35 PM
stewbud

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Get the adjustable top.

I also had a Caldwell rest. But the leg cracked and I got a Sinclair base.

I had ordered a Greenlaw top with the windage adjustment and a new Protektor bag with super slick material.

I think that I shoot higher scores with the Greenlaw top and Protektor bag.

Go ahead - spoil yourself! Make it an early Christmas present.

Dan makes great stuff!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2021, 05:41 PM
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I'll probably get the standard windage and use my protektor bag. Shooting a match tomorrow with my Rock BR that I have cleaned up and polished and made work fairly good, so in no hurry really. Looking for better fine adjustment.

Last edited by mpolk; 09-10-2021 at 07:23 PM.
Old 09-10-2021, 07:44 PM
gcrank1

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
I have the Greenlaw std. windage adj. top. No regrets; would do it again.
If you like your current bag(s) no reason to give up on it, imo.
Old 09-10-2021, 05:33 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Yes but trying to decide between standard windage and adjustable windage. Leaning towards standard with my Protektor bag.
Old 09-10-2021, 07:50 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I am pretty sure I'm going to order one in the next week or two. Think I'm gonna go with the standard windage top and use my Protektor bag on it. If I had a true benchrest stock it would make sense to go with the adjustable top, but I don't.
Old 09-11-2021, 07:20 AM
linekin
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
If you'll shoot several firearms with different forearm profiles I'd go with the adjustable top.
If just shooting the 1 rifle I'd get the standard if your happy with how it fits & rides in the current bag.

Keith
Old 09-11-2021, 08:37 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by linekin View Post
If you'll shoot several firearms with different forearm profiles I'd go with the adjustable top.
If just shooting the 1 rifle I'd get the standard if your happy with how it fits & rides in the current bag.
That is a very good point. I may be shooting different rifles. I may end up shooting my Kimber 82g in the unlimited class. Guess that is the direction i need to take. Thank you
Old 09-11-2021, 09:50 AM
National Guard Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Given the option of an adjustable top or standard top there really is no decision to make. Get the adjustable top so you can use it on multiple firearms not just one. I have the Greenlaw adjustable top and I am very happy with it especially with the ability to use it with several different types of stocks. I only wish his top had a turnbuckle screw for bringing the uprights in together instead of individual adjustment, but it still works great as it is.

Rick H.

P.S. To my post above. I just purchased a Randolph rest in a complete package. I bought the front rest and the adapter piece to turn it into a one piece rest. So far it is working very well for me. I also bought his stand alone rear rest with the "V" plastic stock guide. I haven't used that item much so can't say a lot about it yet, but it does work well with my SEB Joy-Pod. Because the Randolph front rest uses the same base plate configuration as my old one piece rest I thought I would use my old Delrin slider top and save a few bucks. The jury is still out on this idea and I may purchase a Randolph MKII adjustable top that has integrated sand bags. The MKII Randolph top uses a turnbuckle screw arrangement so the sides come in together, instead of individual adjustment. We shall see....

Last edited by Rick H.; 09-12-2021 at 12:32 PM.
Old 09-11-2021, 10:59 AM
BadaBing11
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just got a greenlaw with the standard adjustable windage top. I use a flat protector bag for my benchrest rifles. I am used to it, and really didn't want to experiment with a new bag.

I have my non Sinclair non windage top that uses a different bag for my plinker rifles. So it's a pretty easy swap. If I did not have the second top, the upgraded top Dan offers is a bargain, and I would have likely gotten it.
Old 09-12-2021, 05:30 PM
TrxR

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick H. View Post
Given the option of an adjustable top or standard top there really is no decision to make. Get the adjustable top so you can use it on multiple firearms not just one. I have the Greenlaw adjustable top and I am very happy with it especially with the ability to use it with several different types of stocks. I only wish his top had a turnbuckle screw for bringing the uprights in together instead of individual adjustment, but it still works great as it is.

Rick H.

P.S. To my post above. I just purchased a Randolph rest in a complete package. I bought the front rest and the adapter piece to turn it into a one piece rest. So far it is working very well for me. I also bought his stand alone rear rest with the "V" plastic stock guide. I haven't used that item much so can't say a lot about it yet, but it does work well with my SEB Joy-Pod. Because the Randolph front rest uses the same base plate configuration as my old one piece rest I thought I would use my old Delrin slider top and save a few bucks. The jury is still out on this idea and I may purchase a Randolph MKII adjustable top that has integrated sand bags. The MKII Randolph top uses a turnbuckle screw arrangement so the sides come in together, instead of individual adjustment. We shall see....

Rick . How do you like the pivoting top of the Randolph?

Mpolk i think you will enjoy the greenlaw.
Old 09-13-2021, 10:46 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
The adjustable bags are what I am ordering
Old 09-13-2021, 09:37 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I also picked up and older aluminum Bald Eagle Slingshot rest from a friend . It has a speed screw on the rear leg. The rest was pretty dirty and gritty but cleaned up and works well. I mounted one of my Protektor bags on it.

Last edited by mpolk; 09-30-2021 at 08:34 AM.
Old 09-13-2021, 10:54 PM
gcrank1

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
I used a much less sophisticated base I had but certainly would have used a B.E. base if I'd had one.
Tune up the elev screw and lock, etc, mount up the Top and enjoy