Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-09-2017, 08:53 AM
Hunter2678
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Tandemkross trigger lop

Anyone have a TK trigger on thier BM and if so how much lop did it add over the factory trigger? Considering adding one to my BM but not sure if it will make it too long for my wife(now) and kid when she gets older.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:55 AM
rdas
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm assuming by "lop" you mean length-of-pull, which (for the uninitiated) is the measurement from the top of the backstrap where you put the web of your hand to where you put your finger on the trigger (usually the center, sometimes the bottom), and is an important measurement for people with short fingers (or long ones).

If you look at photos of the two triggers out of the gun and line up the pin holes (in your mind, or with an image editing tool), you should get a pretty good idea of the difference.

My mind's eye says it looks like the TK trigger's flat face will be about where the bottom edge of the stock trigger is... meaning it probably increases the length-of-pull by 1/4" or 5/16", give or take a little. You could check to see how it would fit your wife's hand by putting some Play Dough (your kid has Play Dough, right?) on the stock trigger until it's flat, and let her hold it.

If you really want a measurement... I'm assuming that it's unlikely that someone with the same grip frame and grips that you have measured length-of-pull on their pistol with the stock trigger, and then measured it again after installing a TK trigger, so... Perhaps you could start by posting a photo of your Buckmark (to show the grip frame and grips), and the lop you measured for your stock trigger, and (importantly) the procedure you used to measured it. Then perhaps someone with a similar grip frame and grip, but with the TK trigger installed, could replicate your measurement on their gun. Just an idea.

Dave

Last edited by rdas; 06-09-2017 at 10:59 AM.
Old 06-09-2017, 11:59 AM
'ol shooter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (137)
I would estimate it added about 1/2" to the reach. I have large hands but short fingers, and the LOP is perfect, it puts the pad of my finger right on the trigger. I have one on my 22-45 also, love it on both.

Advertisement

Old 06-09-2017, 12:49 PM
Hunter2678

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
ok, thanks for the info...I think Ill put one on one of my BMs for now and leave the other stock for the wife/kid.
Old 06-09-2017, 01:41 PM
'ol shooter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (137)
It will likely take some fitting to engage the trigger bar correctly. There are two ways to do that, take material off the trigger where it contacts the frame, or file the trigger bar where it engages the sear, so you get a good reset each time. I took material off the trigger, but as you can see in the pic, it made the trigger pitch forward a little. If you are OK with that, then fit the trigger to the gun rather than the gun to the trigger. Several of us have put these in our guns, so if you run into any snags we can help you through it.
Old 06-10-2017, 12:54 AM
redear

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I love the TK trigger, I shoot better with it and can hold the gun steadier with the trigger finger stretched out farther forward to engage the trigger face, this was unexpected but hey I'll take it.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:30 AM
Hunter2678

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'ol shooter View Post
It will likely take some fitting to engage the trigger bar correctly. There are two ways to do that, take material off the trigger where it contacts the frame, or file the trigger bar where it engages the sear, so you get a good reset each time. I took material off the trigger, but as you can see in the pic, it made the trigger pitch forward a little. If you are OK with that, then fit the trigger to the gun rather than the gun to the trigger. Several of us have put these in our guns, so if you run into any snags we can help you through it.
thanks.,Ill keep that in mind. Its due to arrive today so ill try to get it installed in the next few days
Old 06-12-2017, 05:43 PM
Hunter2678

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Well it appears that the top hole on my TK trigger isn't in the same location as the OEM trigger and as a result isn't allowing the sear to break. Compared to the OEM the top hole is further to the back of the trigger and its not allowing enough movement of the trigger bar to break the sear. Ive contacted TK so well see what they do. I guess if I had to I could dremel the frame channel out forward a bit to let the bar move that much more to allow the sear to break or remove some material off the front of the trigger bar as well. Id like to not have to go that route if I can avoid it.

Last edited by Hunter2678; 06-12-2017 at 06:14 PM.