Joined the M853 club - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-08-2021, 09:16 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Joined the M853 club

Actually 'rejoined'; had one waayyy back, bought it new, let it go, shouldnt have.
So there it was, sitting on a gun show table, a forlorn 4-H M853 with a rough stock (but no gouges or dents) for $100. I just paid without dickering and brought it home.
Gave it the once over, oiled the wiper and its spot on at 11yd with my old tin of Daisy wadcutters. Cloverleaf spot on From the report and twack on the backstop its making good consistent power.

Last edited by gcrank1; 11-21-2021 at 10:39 PM.
Old 11-09-2021, 08:15 AM
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (31)
Somehow (I really know why) I ended up with three, they are very good shooters and quite reasonable from CMP. Two are scoped and one still wears its Daisy apertures.
Old 11-09-2021, 08:38 AM
COW 54
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I have two from the CMP

They're very good shooters.

Enjoy!!

Lizard People; Vietnam Vet; NRA Life Member; NRA Distinguished Expert Rifle; NRA Instructor Pistol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2021, 09:05 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
This rifle is a hoot! Way Too Easy Fun
So far Ive run the old Daisy WC's, Crosman WC's and some new tin 'Winchester' domed ($6/500ct locally). They all shoot about the same size groups at 11yd with my eye/skills and even with that -0- I can smack the 20yd spinners nicely (depending on the wind).
Actually, I think the 10meter/11ish yd is too close for what this rifle can do. Im going to put my paper targets out at 15-16yd and see what I can get.
Old 11-21-2021, 10:36 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Big thanx to Gobblerk5 for 2 buttstock spacers!
They made the lop perfect for me at 13.75"
I had been thinking Id prefer the MC stock, this one is the std 853 'sporter' type, but the way it mounts up in my typical offhand hold, light touch of chin indexing on the comb, trigger hand thumb lightly riding the right side of wrist, it shoots very well.
Just for drill I may do a foam and vetwrap MC to find out how that works out, the price is right for trials.
My wife is eyeing this piece 'with interest'. She used to do very well in competition......guess I could paint the stock purple for her
Weather report tonight predicts about 15*F tomorrow morning, I predict some basement range time!

Last edited by gcrank1; 11-21-2021 at 10:45 PM.
Old 11-29-2021, 10:03 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Im finding that I shoot this almost every day in the basement, have a multi bull target on a backstop and an old metal Gamo? swinger box, hit 4 then the center and it resets.
Dont play with my Barrel of Monkeys anymore at all........