Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Suggestions on my CZ457@1

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  chuck40219 
#1 ·
CZ 457@1 24" Barrel
Latest target: https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1230717
Post 3

For past targets, I have been shooting this gun in the RFC Rimfire Benchrest Factory/Unlimited Match.

Looking for suggestions on improving the accuracy of this rifle. I have a 3/4 brick of Wolf Match Target that shoots a little less than the above referenced target. I am all out of the SK+ and it did not impress me out of this gun. This gun is completely stock except adjusting the trigger down to 22 oz. I have until Oct 11 2021 to get it shooting as well as it can with the ammo I have on hand. The Wolf is the best I have available now. I do have various bulk ammos to use after the Wolf is gone. I have some (750) CCI MM 40gr solids. that shoot almost as well as the SK+ I have been using.

What or where should I start at? I have not checked the crown yet, I have looked at it but have not used the Q tip check yet. The stock to action screws are set at 20"lb. the barrel grub screws are at 30"lb.

I will be making a trip to the Lapua Test Center on the 13 of Oct, testing on the 14th. A few days after that I should have a case of Center X, but until then I will have to do with what I have.

chuck40219

See less See more
#4 ·
Well Mike I would imagine the guys that shoot the CZ/BRNO Scoped 25 Yard Rimfire Central Online Benchrest Match, might not like it much if I showed up with a Anschutz...a 54. I already have a gun that has gone up against Anschutz many times before and has not been bested yet by one. Of course I could see better then.

chuck40219

#6 · (Edited)
I have found that both of my MTR'S and my Varmint like Eley much better than Lapua. I have been shooting Eley Match and doing very well with it. I won in the Factory Class last month and my high target was 2350. JMHO. Your mileage may vary.

#7 ·
I have found that both of my MTR'S and my Varmint like Eley much better than Lapua. I have been shooting Eley Match and doing very wemooll with it. I won in the Factory Class last month and my high target was 2350. JMHO. Your mileage may vary.
I have tried the Eley Match, Edge, and the Wolf Match Target, and the Center X, And SK+ has shot better than the Eley. The only exception to that was the Eley Edge did shoot better than the SK+ some of the time. In fact CCI MM shoot almost as well as SK+. With the Center X this gun shoots very well. But I have none left.

Chuck40219

#9 ·
The barrel is free floated from action forward, have not tried to shim it yet. I will be looking at the crown with a lope today along with the Q tip trick. Can do a comparison between no shim and shim on same range trip. Can`t go today, spending most of the day with family and range is closed on Tuesdays. Wensday I will try your shim ideal in several spots. If I recall 1 in. increments.

Chuck40219

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.