August 2021 CZ/BRNO Scoped 25 YardRimfire Central Online Benchrest Match - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-31-2021, 02:10 PM
lasttombstone
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
August 2021 CZ/BRNO Scoped 25 YardRimfire Central Online Benchrest Match

August 2021 25 Yard Scoped CZ/BRNO Rimfire Benchrest Match

"Looks like it's gonna be a hot one so everyone stay hydrated while on the range. Hope to see some of you who have been absent back at it this month." This sentence is a carry over from last month but I felt it still applied.

And a reminder, post up any target you shoot if you choose so we can all praise you for your perseverance and improvements. Just don't forget to go back and mark only your best as "Official Entry" before the end of the month.

"To keep everyone informed as to what I am up to as "Match Director", this morning I receive an inquery about the legality of a Sinclair Forend Benchrest Adapter. This was my reply:

"Well, from what I can see, technically that is not a "shooting vise". It does appear to turn a Caldwell Rock or any other type of adjustable front rest into as close to a vice as you can get.

I have always been one to try and accommodate as much as possible to encourage more participation in the matches. I have never seen one of these rests but from what I can find, it appears that the attached plastic plate can be actually secured in place by the pressure on the bags, thereby rendering it immovable. Therefore, in the spirit of the rules, I feel that this goes beyond what would be acceptable.

No one that I know of is using this device in these matches so you should be on an even keel with everyone using only the adjustable front rest such as the Caldwell Rock. I do hope that this will not discourage you from joining in."

I have received such requests regarding equipment in the past but have not formally posted my response to the board but will try to do that going forward, for "transparency" purposes so no one is left in the dark.

I will also add this post to page 1 of this month's match and next month's as well.
Lee

A similar issue has arisen regarding front supports and the legality of such. I am beginning to see why Danny Creasy may have tired of running these matches. I would hate to see our matches become such that it is no longer fun to participate. I feel that the fun factor is, or should be, the primary motivator for participation. There are plent of us who may never shoot a 250 as there are some who's personal best may be will below that but they continue to participate and have fun. Personally, I do not want to be the one to have to make calls every month of what is "legal" or what a certain shot value is. We should all be willing to ask ourselves these questions and make appropriate decisions. These guidelines are guidelines. We do not have a specific set of rules that must be adhered to and no governing body to review disputes so it is up to each individual participant to do our best to remain within the guidelines and the spirit of the matches. I don't know if it was Danny or Timberwolf who put the line in the guidelines originally but it says, "Honor system, and we couldn't ask for a more honorable bunch."

Guidelines:

CZ or BRNO scoped sporters – less than or equal to 9.0 lbs when weighed with the magazine removed. The CZ 452, 453, 455, and 457 Varmint models should qualify unless your glass and rings are more than 2 pounds, but as far as BRNO Models 3 and 4 -- sorry guys, you'll have to step up to the 50 yard distance.

Any safe trigger. Maximum magnification of 9x on the scope. (Those with variable scopes set them to 9x or lower).

No aftermarket barrels or stocks — only CZ's original stocks and barrels. It is also prohibited to swap the stocks of different CZ models such as taking the stock from a Varmint and putting it on a Trainer. If one has damaged his/her original CZ stock, they may order the same exact factory replacement stock for their specific model. There are other BR games on RFC for dramatically altered rifles. We are trying to encourage competition with unmodified or minimally modified scoped CZ sporters. As to custom stock bedding performed on a factory stock, no compound-bedding allowed, pillared or non, and plain pillar bedding is prohibited as well.

Target is the USBR Target (The Green Monster)

22 long rifle

Fired from a benchrest using separate front and rear support and a bi-pod is fine if the shooter prefers. Gun vices and one piece rests are not allowed.

Distance to target is 25 yards

Time limit - 1 hour for unlimited sighters and the 25 rounds for score

You can shoot on an indoor range if it is your only option, but please report that fact in your post.

You can post multiple targets if each is fired with a different CZ. For example, a shooter could post one with his/her CZ Varmint and another with his/her CZ American and a third with a scoped Ultra Lux! You may shoot up to FOUR targets with EACH rifle and post the highest score fired with each one.

Post a pic of your target (required) and the equipment you used (recommended) in this thread by August 31, 2021.[B]

Honor system, and we couldn't ask for a more honorable bunch.

Wind flags are fine. I usually tie a piece of bright streamer or the like to a hammered-in stake.

Use this format to post your score(s):

Official Entry 07-25-21
210-0X
Struggling but still trying (Noone)
CZ 452 Trainer, Tasco 3x9x32
Scissors Jack front, Bag-o-Beans rear
80*F, 5 mph, sunshiney day

How to score:

A scoring board is helpful

TARGETS?

Good question!

http://www.americantargetcompany.com...us_targets.asp

(third row down on the right)

Last edited by lasttombstone; 07-31-2021 at 02:23 PM.
Old 08-01-2021, 05:52 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I was shooting CZ’s at 300 yards as the sun was rising this morning. After a little of that I got fed and went back to the GP range.
I decided to try some Pistol Match in my 457 Trainer to warm me up for a Center X run next.
I need to remove the rear sight from my 457 to put on my 452 Trainer which is missing one so I can shoot it in the open sight match. That will allow me to pull the scope back some to where it should be. Problem is I’m scared to do it. It’s shooting so good right now I don’t want to upset the balance or change the harmonics or anger the rimfire ghosts.
I started to shoot a third GM today. As I was collecting my target getting ready to pack up I saw the streamer I hung at 25 yards had finally stopped dancing. I didnt want to use up all my tries this early in the month though. I might get lucky and get a calm day.

Official Entry
8/1/21
248 5X
Appalachian2 (Connel)
CZ 457 Trainer, Clearidge 3-9
Center X
Caldwell Rock BR front / Protektor rear
70F 5-7 mph wind from my 11:00

I’m going to get a 250. I can feel it. It’s inevitable. It might not be this month or even this year, but it going to happen. I know this rifle and Ammo combo is capable of it if I can just hold it together on my end for 25 shots and wind don’t get me.

Last edited by Appalachian2; 08-31-2021 at 09:45 AM.
Old 08-01-2021, 08:32 PM
lasttombstone

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Great way to start the month of Connel. You certainly have a shooter there and I know you have the ability. Those 250 guys had better watch out. The mountain man is sneaking up on them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2021, 08:37 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasttombstone View Post
Great way to start the month of Connel. You certainly have a shooter there and I know you have the ability. Those 250 guys had better watch out. The mountain man is sneaking up on them.
Thank You sir and thanks for running this match. Shooting a GM is about my favorite thing to do at the range.
Old 08-02-2021, 11:40 AM
Stubee
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Scoring Gauge

Hey Clem, the NRA is out of the .22 scoring gauge No. 17230. I see gauges elsewhere but canít figure out exactly which one(s) would work for the USBR target. I read the CMP Primer but that confused me even more. Any idea? Thanks.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:31 PM
IdahoBirdhunter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Scoring board?

Where does one get a "scoring board" as shown above?
Old 08-02-2021, 08:01 PM
Tomcat21

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubee View Post
Hey Clem, the NRA is out of the .22 scoring gauge No. 17230. I see gauges elsewhere but canít figure out exactly which one(s) would work for the USBR target. I read the CMP Primer but that confused me even more. Any idea? Thanks.
Either one of the two in the links below. $10.00 plus free shipping for the EZ scorer
or $9.95 for the NRA plus $3.25 shipping. Both sellers are top notch.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/28322499691...kAAOSwnH1Wax~L

https://www.ebay.com/itm/39336022805...oAAOSwz1hgkGHo
Old 08-02-2021, 09:21 PM
Hicksville Kid
US Air Force NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appalachian2 View Post
I was shooting CZís at 300 yards as the sun was rising this morning. After a little of that I got fed and went back to the GP range.
I decided to try some Pistol Match in my 457 Trainer to warm me up for a Center X run next.
I need to remove the rear sight from my 457 to put on my 452 Trainer which is missing one so I can shoot it in the open sight match. That will allow me to pull the scope back some to where it should be. Problem is Iím scared to do it. Itís shooting so good right now I donít want to upset the balance or change the harmonics or anger the rimfire ghosts.
I started to shoot a third GM today. As I was collecting my target getting ready to pack up I saw the streamer I hung at 25 yards had finally stopped dancing. I didnt want to use up all my tries this early in the month though. I might get lucky and get a calm day.

8/1/21
248 5X
Appalachian2 (Connel)
Center X

Iím going to get a 250. I can feel it. Itís inevitable. It might not be this month or even this year, but it going to happen. I know this rifle and Ammo combo is capable of it if I can just hold it together on my end for 25 shots and wind donít get me.
Nice shooting, Connel. I think you need a plug. On the right targetÖ both right corner -2s look like -1. Certainly the lower one. Great shooting none the less.
Old 08-03-2021, 12:49 PM
Stubee

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat21 View Post
Either one of the two in the links below. $10.00 plus free shipping for the EZ scorer
or $9.95 for the NRA plus $3.25 shipping. Both sellers are top notch.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/28322499691...kAAOSwnH1Wax~L

https://www.ebay.com/itm/39336022805...oAAOSwz1hgkGHo
Thank you Clem! Just ordered the Freeland gauge. Much obliged!
Old 08-03-2021, 03:14 PM
lasttombstone

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBirdhunter View Post
Where does one get a "scoring board" as shown above?
Welcome Idaho, haven't seen you around before. Hope you stick around and join in the fun.

I haven't seen a scoring board for sale, but then, I have never looked for one. I just took some 3/4 in plywood and a hole saw and made me one. Sure makes it easier to score if you have a lot of plugging to do like I normally do.
Old 08-03-2021, 05:37 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicksville Kid View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appalachian2 View Post
I was shooting CZ’s at 300 yards as the sun was rising this morning. After a little of that I got fed and went back to the GP range.
I need to remove the rear sight from my 457 to put on my 452 Trainer which is missing one so I can shoot it in the open sight match. That will allow me to pull the scope back some to where it should be. Problem is I’m scared to do it. It’s shooting so good right now I don’t want to upset the balance or change the harmonics or anger the rimfire ghosts.

8/1/21
248 5X
Appalachian2 (Connel)
Center X

I’m going to get a 250. I can feel it. It’s inevitable. It might not be this month or even this year, but it going to happen. I know this rifle and Ammo combo is capable of it if I can just hold it together on my end for 25 shots and wind don’t get me.
Nice shooting, Connel. I think you need a plug. On the right target… both right corner -2s look like -1. Certainly the lower one. Great shooting none the less.
Those are scored as -1. It can see how it might look like I scored them as minus 2, but if you zoom in they’re minus 1. My penmanship has never been stellar.
Old 08-03-2021, 06:28 PM
Squirrelbark

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'll bet this will be sturdy. Might just bolt it to the porch rail.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210803_170415_1628029737420.jpg (389.2 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Squirrelbark; 08-03-2021 at 06:30 PM.
Old 08-03-2021, 08:49 PM
lasttombstone

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Don't forget to put a little duct tape on those jaws. Wouldn't want you to scratch Knotty.
Old 08-03-2021, 08:55 PM
Squirrelbark

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The thought of scratching her makes me want to scrap the endeavor !
Old 08-06-2021, 12:07 PM
BCR1
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
50% (0)
Every month just gets worse, probably under 200 by january.

Official Target
8/6/21
234 5X
BCR1 (Bill)
CZ 455FS
Athlon Talos 6-24x50
RWS Rifle Match
Rock BR front Protektor rear
70* slight wind/sunny
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0534.jpg (114.3 KB, 238 views)

Last edited by BCR1; 08-06-2021 at 12:10 PM.