Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-17-2017, 01:47 PM
Hunter2678
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
KKC Stock arrived today.

So I've been wanting a hybrid style stock for a while now to put on my 16" bbl 10/22. I like the std carbine design but it sucks off a bench, I like the Anschutz style but it sucks for walking and offhand. I don't really care for the crazy laminated styles that are commonplace either. I wanted something that could be hunted with but also something with bench ergos. So, after mulling it over for quite some time I decided to try out the titan after seeing the love it got on this forum. Once it arrived I tried it out and didn't care for the heavier weight or the flex it allowed for my barreled action. I returned it thinking I'd be forced to go the crazy laminated barracuda or mako styles that are available. I've always preferred laminated wood for stiffness and best accuracy even though it was a bit heavier than straight walnut. Fast forward to last week and I remembered reading about a unique but very functional laminated design a while ago called the KKC. SO I found on on eBay and ordered it after reading some online reviews. Well, it came today so I ran home from work on my lunch hour and checked it out.
I'm pleasantly impressed. Its fit and finish are 10/10 and for those who own or have owned Anschutz, it feels as if Anshutz made this stock. The stippling/laser cut grips and finish are all perfect. The barrel channel is uniform and straight. I'll probably hog it out a tiny bit to make sure its free floating but I expect to do that on a non-custom, production laminated stock. Once I dropped my barreled action in the stock it felt perfect in my hands as far as the ergos, pistol grip, and forend. The balance was perfect with the 16" bbl and the weight of this stock is a hair under 2.5 lbs. so its lighter than the Titan. What I really like about this though is the adjustability it offers the shooter. Something the Titan doesn't. Adjustable LOP, drop and cheekpiece are all available for the shooter to custom fit. I was a little leery of the price at first and was prepared to ship this stock back if it wasn't short of perfect. I paid 209 shipped off eBay and now that it's arrived Its worth every penny IMO. I'll still bed it with some devcon to make sure it's locked in when shooting but other than that this thing is really nice. Pics to come soon.

Last edited by Hunter2678; 02-17-2017 at 02:08 PM.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:07 PM
Hunter2678

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resized_20170217_125723.jpg (356.6 KB, 81 views)
Old 02-18-2017, 12:32 AM
noyp54

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I like the style/ shape specially butt end. Won't be difficult when using rear bag? Just thinking. What color does it have? Anyway enjoy shooting that rifle!

Noyp54
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2017, 10:11 PM
Hunter2678

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Ive got various sandbags and field bags that I can use, they all work but you'll need a bag with some height since the rear is not a traditional design. This is the grey woods laminated version. Its a little bit different than the usual grey laminate as its a lighter stain of grey so its not as dark.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:11 PM
pspencer
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice looking stock! Let us know how you like it after shooting a bit.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:18 PM
Frank3

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Nice looking gun

I have three of the stocks (10-22, Tikka T3, and CZ455) so I might be a little biased but they are the best stocks (fit and adjustment) for me (have owned or tried, Victor Titan, Magpul, hogue, knoxx, cz stock, tikka stock, Boyds tacticool, no-name thumbhole etc...).

I love the stainless steel with the gray stock color.

I have found that shooting off the bench and sandbags, these stocks rock (as well as prone and off shooting sticks).

Let us know how the whole set up groups compared to before
Old 02-21-2017, 12:12 AM
nodak
National Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (50)
Now that I like. Allot. Looks so comfy
Old 02-21-2017, 12:25 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
I ordered 3 new stocks in the past week, I might have to return one after seeing this. Looks great.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:23 AM
Hunter2678

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspencer View Post
Nice looking stock! Let us know how you like it after shooting a bit.
hope to this weekend..
Old 02-21-2017, 08:26 AM
Hunter2678

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank3 View Post
Nice looking gun

I have three of the stocks (10-22, Tikka T3, and CZ455) so I might be a little biased but they are the best stocks (fit and adjustment) for me (have owned or tried, Victor Titan, Magpul, hogue, knoxx, cz stock, tikka stock, Boyds tacticool, no-name thumbhole etc...).

I love the stainless steel with the gray stock color.

I have found that shooting off the bench and sandbags, these stocks rock (as well as prone and off shooting sticks).

Let us know how the whole set up groups compared to before
I tend to agree with you on fit and ergos...I've tried a lot of other stocks and this one by far beats them in both areas. It's almost like a low boy style centerfire stock where it sits really low in bags making it super stable off the bench but still feels like a sporter offhand. I just bedded it over the weekend and intend to sight it in this weekend and see how it does.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:52 PM
700PSS Shooter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This is my 2nd favorite .22 stock

I have had one of these for over a year on a stock Ruger 50th heavy tapered BBL varmint model. It is a great stock and so adjustable.

My favorite of all .22 stocks if the Sako Finnfire Range model stock. (Sorry Ruger fans )
Old 03-17-2017, 11:26 AM
jasonjell

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bought the exact same one (left handed) for my first build earlier this week. Looking forward to getting my hands on it!