Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Quiet and Accurate Air Rifle/Pistol for Backyard Shooting

153K views 206 replies 59 participants last post by  Mossbergman 
#1 ·
Very Quiet & Accurate Air Rifle/Pistol for Backyard Sparrow Hunting

The other day I was talking to my across the alley neighbor
_ about a unknown dog in the common alley.
In our discussion, he mentioned he had recently heard someone firing a BB or pellet gun.
I let him know that it was I shooting at sparrows raiding my house finch feeders.
This information began to bother me.

I currently own a Daisy (Chinese) 880 pneumatic rifle.
Most of my shots have be at three to five compression strokes - never a full ten.
As such, there is not much more that I can do to reduce my noise signature
_ in my backyard - other than a quieter air gun/pistol.

Moreover, yesterday my wife witnessed/spied a less than precisely placed shot.
I wounded a sparrow - not an instantaneous kill.
The bird furiously fluttered around.
Then, ran away ... screeching terribly - all the while.
I felt very bad ... my wife felt even worse.
And, give she gave me much grief about eradicating sparrows and my bad shooting.

In my defense I retorted ... I need a more accurate gun and a telescopic sight.
In my mind I added ... quieter and, preferably, a repeater.

On a limited budget, I'm looking at a Baikal/Izhevsky IZH-46M
Or, a Daisy Model 853C Legend EX.

However, I'm not adverse to spending more money.
As such, the Crosman .177 Marauder is another rifle I'm seriously considering - CO2/Air 2000 psi.
It is quiet, accurate, a repeater and powerful.
However, the inconvenience and expense of PCP support concerns me.
Where I live doesn't have an in-town source for high-pressure compressed air.

I'm open to other suggestions or better ideas on air rifle/pistol that is by priority:
Very Quiet, Accurate, Repeater (preferably) and powerful enough to humanely take small pests.

See less See more
#2 ·
funny you should say that

I was thinking shrouded PCP when I was reading the first part of your post.
The air thing is not a huge deal in my opinion. I have a scuba tank ($159) and get it filled every couple months. You would get a few hundred if not more shots out of a maurder and a scuba tank. I went to a scuba shop and asked if they would fill a tank if I bought it from them. They said no problem I fill for other airgunners. I had it filled like that for a while. I eventually got a scuba license and can get it filled anywhere. I still have the same guy fill it. I bought my dad (73 years old) a talon ss pcp and an air tank. He has been shooting on the same scuba tank for 5 months or so. He will probably get close to a year out of it. I know he has shot over 300 pellets because he used the 300 I bought him and bought more himself. I decent scuba tank will give you many shots from most pcp's. I bought the hand pump and said " it will be good excersise!" I did that for a month and said screw this! The pumps need to cool, its not just your physical limitations or strengths. So if you do it plan on a scuba tank and a place to fill it first.:bthumb:

#6 ·
#4 ·
In my defense I retorted ... I need a more accurate gun and a telescopic sight.
In my mind I added ... quieter and, preferably, a repeater.

On a limited budget I'm looking a Baikal/Izhevsky IZH-46M
Or, a Daisy Model 853C Legend EX.

However, I'm not adverse to spending more money.
As such, the Crosman .177 Marauder is another rifle I'm seriously considering - CO2/Air 2000psi.
It is quiet, accurate, a repeater and powerful.
However, the inconvenience and expense of PCP support concerns me.
Where I live doesn't have an in-town source for high-pressure compressed air.

I'm open to other suggestions or better ideas on air rifle/pistol selection.
I just recently got an IZH 46M... LOVE IT!!! :D

It's as accurate as any handgun can be, and reasonably quiet. With only around 500 fps, I never thought of this as a hunting arm for anything bigger than a grape or animal cracker, but if you miss what you're shooting at with this, it is most assuredly NOT the gun's fault!

(I did see one lately for sale on GB with hemongus scope & mount, all set up for silouette shooting for $650.00...OUCH!)

COW 54

#5 ·
500 fps ... Precise Pellet Placement

... With only around 500 fps, I never thought of this as a hunting arm
for anything bigger than a grape or animal cracker...,
The Baikal/Izhevsky IZH-46M or Daisy Model 853C Legend EX
_ I would use for target practice, plinking and sparrow eradication - only.
I think 500 fps would be adequate for very small pests
_such as sparrows and mice - assuming precise pellet placement.

This post has been deleted
#9 ·
Moderated Report

Here's another video comparing the shot sound of a Marauder and Beeman R7....
Good video ... exactly what I was looking for - aom22. :bthumb:
The R7 report sounds like a staccato tat.
While the Marauder emits a fast ta-hing compared to the R7.

It is hard to judge but there seems to be a difference in report intensity and duration.
The R7 signature seems sharper and shorter.
The Marauder maybe slightly milder and lasting.
Now, I'm wondering if the .177 version of the Crosman is indiscernible from the .22 model?

Personally, I don't think you need a PCP rifle to kill sparrows....
I agree ... the power of the Marauder is not what initially attracted me.
It was the moderated report provided by the shrouded barrel.
And, the fact it was a repeater.
If I were to buy a Crosman, it would be in .177 - not .22.

... you have to safely stop those pellets in what sounds like a tight suburban environment.
I'm firing from a window in a standing position down
_ towards the ground in front of a tree in my backyard.
The grass and soft ground catch my pellets.
In the worst possible case as the ground drys-out and becomes hard,
_ any possible ricochet will be caught by a large pecan tree or wooden privacy fence.

#11 ·
Extend Airgun Range

... How far are you shooting?
Thanks ... but, I've already came across that video - good video.

At the moment, 25 to 33 feet.
My Daisy 880 is not accurate enough for reliable, humane sparrows kills beyond 33 feet.

I'd like to extend my effective range so I can move deeper into my utility
_ room to keep the airgun report completely confined inside my home.

Also, there is a grain mill about three miles from my home that allows hunting on its property.
Perhaps, they will allow me to hunt pigeon, mice and rats on their confines.
Probably some shots may range in yards - 25 plus.

#13 ·
#26 ·
FX Airguns

The FX Cyclone shrouded in .22 or .177 with 3 power levels....
I looked at the FX Airguns in-particular the the FX Ranchero Carbine

Very impressive ... but, any model is over twice the price of a Marauder.
Add to that the expense of PCP support equipment ... way out of my budget.
I'm sure they are very high-quality airguns ... too costly for me.

However, the "removable air cylinder which can be filled on or off the airgun"
coupled with a SUPER STROKE PUMP significantly simplifies PCP support.

For a person such as myself ... nearest SCUBA filling station is 85 to 105 miles away - Odessa or Midland, Texas.
As detachable tank fillable by a hand-pump with a DIN adapter certainly is an attractive alternative.
Hmmmm ... wonder of Crosman has a detachable tank as an option?

#14 · (Edited)
Benjamin Discovery vs repeating Sparrow Trap ?

I hope I understand the question. You need a stronger, quieter, more accurate rifle to shoot Sparrows, with a limited budget but would splurge if the Marauder was up to the task ? For sure you do not need a Marauder to kill a Sparrow.....probably not even a Discovery, but both would and would do it very well. BUT..... IMHO between the two, the Discovery would be the better rifle.
I can't say which kind of rifle you should get, only you know your situation and must put all the answers from the RFC members to good use. I can say a few things about a Marauder and the Discovery as I have both. As one of the previous post said, PCP isn't that that big of a deal to get into. The tanks will last a long long time, and just shooting Sparrows and back yard targets you will be surprized how long a tank will last. I can't say how many shots you could get from the average (80 cubic ft) tank filled to 3,000 psi, but you can figure it out once you decide which rifle you want and which tank you buy. BUY THE LARGEST CUBIC FOOT TANK THAT YOU CAN AFFORD ! Buy a used tank, scuba tanks don't hold their resale value that well. One good thing about a Discovery, 2,000 psi is a fulll charge. When your tank comes to equalize (2,000 psi) you can't squeeze the remaining 1,000 psi into your rifle.
Did I say, BUY THE LARGEST CUBIC FOOT TANK THAT YOU CAN AFFORD ! Beware.....Some tanks are rated at 2800 psi..... I use a 105 cf tank filled to 4,000 psi and I have been shooting on it since January and Several boxes of pellets and it's still filling my rifles. You mention being in an area void of dive shops..... Check with your local fire department, most have a compressor and will usually fill your tank. Become friends with a Fireman, or Firelady,depending on which will fill your tank the best, no pun intended. If your a good shot, with a full charge of air you should easily be able to kill 35 plus Sparrows in a normal size back yard.
For what you described, and especially if money is a factor, IMO the Discovery is the better rifle. IF you don't mind the single shot, but I think you can even buy a 10 shot magazine to fit the Discovery ? My Discovery is LIGHT, and QUICK. The Marauder is very heavy and a bulky uncomforable stock. It's just not the rifle that I would grab to quickly shoot the proverbial sparrow off the Finch feeder from the back door. Compared to the Discovery, it's more of a bench / varmint rifle. I can't wait to find a better stock for mine ! My Discovery is very accurate, I couldn't count how many Sparrows, cow birds, black birds and Squirrels it has killed. If you miss, it's you, not the Discovery. If you live in close quarters and do not need the factory set velocity, you could install an adjuster on the Discovery and probably adjust it to shoot to your needs.
I had Tim at Mac 1 tune my Discovery (and my Marauder) and he installed the adjuster on mine.
You want the Discovery quiet, just add a moderator, I bought mine from Mike T, TKO..... they are very reasonable. My Discovery is quieter than the Marauder.
I know that there are many types and brands of rifles that are accurate and most all would probably kill a Sparrow. I can only tell you about the one's that I have and like. I'm a rimfire nut and judge my Discovery's performance compared to my rimfire's. My Discovery is not just accurate, but consistently accurate. One other thing I'd like to say about a PCP rifle. Anyone can shoot it. You may have to learn to shoot a spring / break barrel rifle accurately, how it likes to be held, follow through and such. The rifle may be very accurate, but it takes technique on your part to be able to get the most from it. With a PCP rifle you don't have to learn to shoot it. If your wife has never shot an air rifle, she can shoot a PCP rifle, and especially so if she can shoot a .22 rimfire rifle. If getting a scuba tank filled is still a problem you can buy a hand pump to fill your PCP rifle. I've never done it, but lots of people do. My advice would be to talk to someone that has one, it could be troublesome if your not atheletic or impatient. If you are comfortable with buying a used rifle, you see quiet a few Discovery's on the various air rifle classified's and combo's with the hand pump. Check out the Yellow forum classifieds http://www.network54.com/Forum/79574/ seems like there were a couple on there.
Don't take this that a spring rifle isn't a good choice, lots of people shoot them.....it just would not be a good choice for me. But then I don't like to cock the barrel or pump a rifle for every shot.....plus I live in the middle of Cave diving Heaven.....and my friend owns a dive shop and fills my tanks for free....but even if he charged ,I think it's only $5.00.
Oil Well, You could probably buy a repeating Sparrow trap and take your wife out to eat for a lot less money.
Sparrow trap, $50 http://www.sparrowtraps.net/index.htm

#16 ·
... I can say a few things about a Marauder and the Discovery as I have both...
I use a 105 cf tank filled to 4,000 psi....
How about posting some photos of your rifles and PCP equipment?
I'd like to see you set-up. :bthumb:

I hope I understand the question.
You need a stronger, quieter, more accurate rifle to shoot Sparrows,
_ with a limited budget but would splurge if the Marauder was up to the task ?
For sure you do not need a Marauder to kill a Sparrow...
_probably not even a Discovery, but both would and would do it very well....
I agree with you wholeheartedly.
For just sparrows ... both rifles are too much.
However, my initial attraction to the Marauder was its quietness.
The other day I was talking to my across the alley neighbor
_ about a unknown dog in the common alley...
In our discussion, he mentioned he had recently heard someone firing a BB or pellet gun.
Nothing else on the market ... for the price ... can match its combination of qualities.
The Marauder's accuracy, the fact it is a repeater, has a good trigger ... all these factors for less than $500.
All of my criteria in one off-the-shelf package.

However, the cost of PCP support services and equipment maybe daunting for some.
In my case, a Marauder set for 2000 psi maybe my best choice.
CO2 is available locally and a manual, high-pressure, pump is much less expensive than a scuba tank.

If only Daisy made a shrouded Model 853C Legend EX.
Or, anyone produced a shrouded multi-pump or single-stroke pneumatic.
I'm not enthused about springers for some of the same reasons you have cited.
Plus, the special requirements that must be paid attention to when scoping a springer - two way recoil.

#15 ·
Doesn't Gamo make an air rifle w/ an integral suppressor? No worries about a tax stamp since it's built into the air rifle & not made to hold up to firearms use even if you did try to mount it on a real gun (& risk the whole BATF coming on your head in the process!)

Dunno if it meets your other criteria [I think it's a single shot, fwiw] but perhaps someone makes an air-rifle only suppressor you could fit to your existing rifle?

#17 ·
#20 ·
Please don`t shoot sparrows. Songbirds are on the decline everywhere.
Besides, it is against the law in most states.
LOL! Wow, are you out to lunch. House sparrows are a horrible, invasive species that kill native songbirds outright as well as hoarding food and nesting space. No federal law protects them and at least in PA they are "open season" year round. Blue bird lovers hate these things with a passion.

Read up a bit:

http://www.sialis.org/hosp.htm

Is the next favorite species starlings? :rolleyes:

#23 ·
Aom22.....

This is the best that I can do right now. Dan House was kind enough to post these pictures of my Discovery a while back.
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273387
My Pcp equiptment ? All I have is a Scuba tank with a Y valve, and a Scuba yolk. The Scuba yolk attaches to the Y valve and the hose on the scuba yolk quick connects to the rifle just like you hook up an Impact wrench to your regular air hose in your garage. That's the good part, there isn't much equiptment needed to shoot a PCP rifle. Once filled you just shoot like a regular rimfire, except there's no brass to pick up.

#24 ·
filling SCUBA tanks

I your thinking of going the PCP route, and figure that you can get them filled at local firehouses as there are no other sources for fills...... do some homework first.

I shoot with several fire fighters from different stations. All state that there it is against dept. policy to fill tanks other that the SCBA systems they use for liability reasons. That policy was mainly based on non certified divers getting their tanks filled at fire stations which put the station possibly liable just as it does dive shops. So you might just want to confirm that you can get yours filled at a fire station before making the investment unless you also have a plan B to fill your tank / gun.

#29 · (Edited)
When I bought my Discovery almost a year ago, I didn't know anything about any air rifles (except what I had as a kid and my kids had...pump up, hit and miss rifle). Months before buying my Discovery and before consulting the air gun forums, I bought a Gamo Whisper from Gander Mountain. After a week I didn't own a Gamo Whisper any longer. But that's a whole nuther story.
On the bright side, I guess my expierence with the Gamo Whisper is what really brought me to reading the air gun forums and thus finding out about PCP rifles. In that light, the gamo Whisper is the best rifle I have ever owned.
I had no idea there were so many different kinds of air rifles much less which brand or model, it was overwhelming. With the circumstances that I spelled out, the Discovery was new and popular and reccomended here and on the yellow forum so I took everyone at their word and bought one. Mac 1 was also recommended so I ordered it from Tim. I have been totally happy with the Discovery, and at the time I wouldn't have even considered spending a thousand plus dollars on a pellet rifle. I really didn't believe a pellet rifle was going to perform the way everyone says. I really needed something that was magazine fed, but at the time the Marauder was just being talked about. However if I had it all over, I wish I had bought an Air Arms or FX in the beginning. Money wise I would probably be even, Nah.....ahead !
I have nerve damage in my hands and have problems picking up and holding onto a pellet. Putting it into the chamber is a real challenge, but I guess it keeps my brain healthy and gives my tounge lots of exercise. Not cussing, but directing my fingers. I can't hardly load the Discovery unless I'm sitting down with it in my lap, much less walking throught the woods. I really needed a rifle that I could load the magazine sitting down and go shoot 10 times. Once I saw how well the Discovery took care of my problems, I was ready to move up and AGAIN I stressed over which to buy. Also again shelling out a thousand or more dollars on a pellet rifle was very hard to do, mentally ! ((( I'm a rimfire nut and a thousand $ will buy a very nice rifle ))).
I considered buying used and many Air Arms and FX Cyclone came and went. The Marauder was the new hot thing and good reviews and cheap 'er
so I bought a Marauder. Although I've never held or even seen any of the other rifles, I wish I had bit the bullet and gone with an Air Arms or FX Cyclone or even the Monsoon. I haven't yet shot my Marauder, it may be a keeper, but the Marauder is very heavy, and not so much weight wise (but also weight wise) but awkward to hold, the stock is just to big, it is jusst " clumsy uncomfortable " or Sumphen like that.
All this probably isn't helping you, and for sure I hope I'm not confusing you. Choosing an air rifle when you don't know anything about them and worse, none of your friends have one is very intimidating and with all the different brands, models and different types, pump, break barrel, co2, high pressure air, that just adds to the fire.
I'm air gun illiterate, but IMHO the only reason to not go with a PCP would be "there's no where to fill a scuba tank". If budget was a factor, I would still buy a Discovery. It is an awesome rifle, and that's not comparing it to other air rifles, that's comparing it to my rimfires which are all very accurarte. My Discovery really opened my eyes to how well an air rifle can perform. I no longer read the forums with a skepticle attitude. Granted you can't believe everything that you read, but it doesn't take long to filter out what's real and what's just easy chair shooting talk.
My Discovery cost within a few dollars of what I paid for the Gamo Whisper.
I then bought the Scuba tank from a swap meet at the Scuba shop, cost me $105 total. That was getting it filled and a new pressure washer. I even got a an extra K valve. When the tank runs out I can remove the Y valve and can install the K valve. The only other expense was the Scuba yolk which I bought new from Mac 1, but now that I'm a little smarter, I would just buy a used one..... they come up on the classified's all the time. I think I saw one the other day for $50.
With all that said, ain't no way I would cock or pump if I could get air.....
even if I had to drive a 100 miles to get it. You may can shoot a spring rifle ? I personally didn't have the time, nor patience to practice hold discipline.
One other thing and I'll shut up.....My Discovery is almost identical in size and feel as my CZ American's.....it was an easy transformation. I can't say that about the Marauder. I will be doing some cutting and grinding or else buying another stock. More doallars spent just to get to where it should have been already ? Am I wrong about the Marauder ? What were the Crosman engineers thinking about when they designed the stock ?
Crosman does have a new rifle out that has a removable air take.

#33 ·
Marauder vs FX Airgun

... One other thing and I'll shut up.....
MangesMade, you've brought-up many good points.
Your recent experience in the airgun arena has given you in-sight.
I'm not current on the state-of-the-art of air guns.
Posting on this forum is bringing me up-to-date in a hurry.

A thousand dollars for an airgun that is not a match rifle is a lot of money.
Considering all its features: detachable magazine, shrouded barrel,
_ good trigger, accurate, adjustable power.
The Marauder is very attractively priced - Crosman forte.

The FX Airguns clearly represent superior package.
With a price to match.

My wife would like to own a Lincoln ... But, we drive a Mercury.
The Grand Marque is good enough ... more importantly, I can afford it.

#30 ·
Sparrows are good ! ! ! ! !

Ice, don't feel bad, you ain't completely wrong. There are many varieties of American Song Sparrows. They nest in the fields. The English Sparrow is the one everyone hates and also Starlings, especially Starlings ! They are aggressive, invasive Rats with feathers !

#31 ·
For a pneumatic pump rifle, I recommend the 392 or 397 Benjamins, they've been around forever. The Sheridan Silver / Blue Streak as well are pretty nice, but that .20 pellet is difficult to find in small towns. I've used the 397 for 'Ranch Safari' work, eradicating mice inside the block ranch house - just one pump for the 15 - 20 foot range, with very little chance of richochet.

They can be scoped, but the point where you naturally grab is where the mount is - kind of a pita. What I did (with suggestion from RFC member Pellethead) is scout mount it. I went a little overboard and installed tunnel mounts to use the irons - it works, but using scope is a little high. Something I can live with.

If irons is the way you want to stay, then I recommend a peep sight - really helps me work with it.

Another model to consider - the Daisy 22SG. .22 caliber, about 575 fps so not a lot of power to spare. But .22 pellets are easier to handle, especially if your hands are large (shaking hands with him is like grabbing a bunch of bananas :D ) so consider that as well - can get frustrating, especiall when scoped and breech is covered by mount.

Hope this helps.

#32 ·
Multi-Stoke Pneumatics

For a pneumatic pump rifle ...
In the past I've owned a Sheridan Blue Streak with factory installed Williams peep sight.
I also istalled a Weaver V22 with a see-thru mount on my Streak.
However, at the ranges I was generally using the gun, the scope was not necessary - took it off.
And, a Benjamin .22 pistol.
Good airguns ... but, at full power they were loud.
The Sheridan report was a very sharp crack.
The Benjamin emitted a strong, loud pop.
And, at a lower power level, five pumps ... still not what one would consider as quiet.

Whatever I get next will come with a shrouded barrel or will have a moderator installed.

#34 ·
Perfect For My Backyard ... How Well Does The Moderator Work???

... To boil it down, you need an accurate rifle that will quietly (very important)
and humanely kill sparrows and other small pests at about 25 yds.
Since I assume it gets cold in the winter at your location, C02 is out....
It gets very hot here too.
In cold weather? Switch to air ... using hand pump.
The Marauder is dual fuel capable.

... Select-a-Power™ multi-pump pneumatic in .177.
Very quiet. Not temperature sensitive and no hold or twang issues.
Good accuracy at 25 yds.....
How about posting some 10 meter (33 feet) targets - aom22. :bthumb:

... Of course, this is probably what you really want:

Alas, you can't buy a rifle like this out-of-the-box and mine ain't for sale.
Yes :1luvu: ... your little carbine would probably be perfect for my backyard. :yippee:
Is that a muzzle brake or moderator at the end of the barrel?
How quiet is your custom Crosman?
Did you build this yourself or was it custom built for you?

#35 · (Edited)
In Business ... How Long?

Can anyone tell me how long FX Arms has been in business?
How long has Air Arms been in business?

Crosman has been in business for a long time.
Customer support and service will be available for a long time to come.
In my lifetime, I can't remember there ever not being a Daisy or Crosman company.
Probably will be this way ... until I die. :eek:man:

#36 · (Edited)
AirArms about 20 years.
FX I'm not sure, I had a Tarantula 3 or 4 years ago, superbly accurate, very well made.
CO2 and pneumatics are loud, especially PCPs.
A "shroud" or "moderator" is just another name for a silencer; if it's not integral to the gun there is a risk of being charged with an NFA violation-possession of an unregistered silencer. There is case law to this effect, the guy's still in jail.
Springers are mostly quiet, except to the shooter. An R7/HW30, or R8/HW50 is an excellent back yard gun.

#40 ·
If 10m is your yardage of choice, why not buy an older olympic target rifle? They are quiet, extremely accurate, excellent 2 oz triggers and are extremely well ballanced.

I currently shoot a rws 75 and a anschutz 250. Both will easily hold groups the size of a sparrows eye at 10m. If you miss with one of these, it's your own fault.

#41 ·
Don't Need a A Match Rifle For Sparrows ... Too Limited

If 10m is your yardage of choice, why not buy an older olympic target rifle?
They are quiet, extremely accurate, excellent 2 oz triggers and are extremely well ballanced....
Power, Flexibility, Moderation

On occasion, I will venture outside of my backyard.
I will need more power to humanely take small pests
_ such as pigeons, ground squirrels and rats - perhaps a jackrabbit.
A PCP or multi-stoke pneumatic has the advantage of adjustable power.

A single-stroke match pneumatic is locked into a relatively slow velocity - approximately 500-550 fps.
I think it would be imprudent of me to modify a perfectly functional match rifle.

Whatever I buy, I want the airgun be as quiet as possible.
I think a airgun with a factory shrouded barrel or a custom airgun
_ with an aftermarket shrouded/moderated barrel is what I need.
I can't think of a match rifle with a moderator or shrouded barrel.

My shooting at no more than 10 meters is a limitation imposed
_ by the lack of precision accuracy of my air rifle.
But, a recent change of pellets has resulted in an significant accuracy improvement.
... At the moment, 25 to 33 feet.
My Daisy 880 is not accurate enough for reliable, humane sparrows kills beyond 33 feet....

#42 ·
Fx

FX has been around MANY years - Sweden with real quality. If you watch the "yellow pages - for sale" - or post there, you can find a well cared for at a reasonable price - $700-850 range. Do your research on FX and you will see they are the Anshultz of airguns (some folks get 3/4" range groups at 100 yards). Squirrels and crows at 75 yards are common. It is a whole world in itself.

#44 ·
Yellow Classifieds

I would like to add to Tombecks post. If your gonna buy an FX rifle for $700 to $800 or for that matter what ever the price. If it's a quaility brand and a decent price it will not be there for days, not even hours. It amazes me, most are sold within minutes of being posted .....So, check it often.