Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Can I?

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Flash_80 
#1 ·
Can I use the Ruger charging handle on a Kidd rod? And if so what’s the best way to get it off the old rod? I’m not a fan of the exteded knob!

#6 ·
You can grind the staking off or if you are good with a hammer and anvil flatten it out. I did just what you want on a Super Stock, an International and a trainer so I could maintain the OEM look. I have many other styles of cocking handles on my herd, some OEM, Kidd, TI, Power Custom, R/T, you get the picture.

#10 ·
Me too

All of mine have a magnum charging handle. Used to be able to get them from EABCO but no more. They do have a "skeletized" charging handle that looks pretty good but I don't know the dimensions.

I used a jeweler's file to take the bumps off the factory guide rod. I suggest you do it in a large bag to catch the little-bitty plastic collar which will otherwise be launched across the room and never found when you get the rod turned down. While you've got it disassembled, chuck the rod in a drill and polish it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.