Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-16-2020, 12:51 AM
Obiwanjacobey

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I need help identifying my Model 52!

Hello guys, I recently just received a bunch of rifles from my deceased Grandpa, he's been gone awhile..miss him. Anyway it turns out he had a Model 52 in very good shape, and I didn't even know what I had until my dad told me about it..and what they are. I tried doing some research, I just can't seem to find any closure, I need your guys help! The serial is WBS012x and comes back as a 1920's production, but it seems to have a sporting stock? This is the part that confused me the most, I just can't seem to figure out what I really have here. Any help would be much, much appreciated.Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Obiwanjacobey; 09-16-2020 at 01:12 AM.
Old 09-16-2020, 01:13 AM
Obiwanjacobey

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

http://imgur.com/a/NUTopsk
Old 09-16-2020, 02:40 AM
VertFish
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (53)
You have whatís commonly referred to here on RFC as a 52-R. It is a reproduction of the 52-B stock with a reproduction 52-C action with a modified Micro-Motion trigger. The guns were made and sold in the early 90ís and much has been discussed about them on RFC. A great deal of information can be found in the 52-R STICKY at the top of the 52 Forum page. Welcome to RFC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2020, 04:42 AM
Obiwanjacobey

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VertFish View Post
You have whatís commonly referred to here on RFC as a 52-R. It is a reproduction of the 52-B stock with a reproduction 52-C action with a modified Micro-Motion trigger. The guns were made and sold in the early 90ís and much has been discussed about them on RFC. A great deal of information can be found in the 52-R STICKY at the top of the 52 Forum page. Welcome to RFC.
Thank you! It seems I have a low serial. I thought I may have had some holy grail rifle or something..haha. I'm assuming my model isn't worth near as much as an original. Any idea on its value? Thanks.
Old 09-16-2020, 06:26 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
I have two of the Repos, one marked Browning and one Winchester, in excellent condition $700-1000 depending on who's looking at them, yes a lot less than an original but still nice rifles.

Scoped Browning marked...

Iron sighted Winchester marked...

Old 09-16-2020, 10:20 AM
VertFish

TPC Rating: 
100% (53)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obiwanjacobey View Post
Thank you! It seems I have a low serial. I thought I may have had some holy grail rifle or something..haha. I'm assuming my model isn't worth near as much as an original. Any idea on its value? Thanks.
Many consider the original 52-C Sporter to be the best bolt action .22 rimfire ever made. It was the only 52 sporter version that was factory drilled and tapped for scope bases. There were "about" 1,500 of them made. They go for around $5,000.00.

Your reproduction is a nice rifle, but is worth $800-$1,000 at this time.
Old 09-16-2020, 10:21 AM
SageRat22

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
They are excellent rifles. They typically shoot very well and have some amenities only found on expensive, higher end guns. Enjoy it and think of your grandpa every time you take it out.
Old 09-17-2020, 06:12 AM
Obiwanjacobey

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageRat22 View Post
They are excellent rifles. They typically shoot very well and have some amenities only found on expensive, higher end guns. Enjoy it and think of your grandpa every time you take it out.
Oh I most definitely will! It was 2001...I was 6 years old when my grandpa first taught me to shoot. This is the very rifle I held and learned on from him. The first rifle I ever shot. It will stay with me, for the duration of my life. Thanks for all the feedback and help guys!
Old 09-17-2020, 02:00 PM
3Dub

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obiwanjacobey View Post
Oh I most definitely will! It was 2001...I was 6 years old when my grandpa first taught me to shoot. This is the very rifle I held and learned on from him. The first rifle I ever shot. It will stay with me, for the duration of my life. Thanks for all the feedback and help guys!
I think the "WBS" serial numbered rifles were produced in 1994/1995 so it's not much older than you.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:02 PM
kkd

TPC Rating: 
100% (63)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageRat22 View Post
Enjoy it and think of your grandpa every time you take it out.
That's it's true value
Memories of your gramdpa can't be calculated in dollars
Old 09-19-2020, 01:39 AM
iron85

TPC Rating: 
100% (43)
a very nice rifle with a good scope. Buy some sk ammo and enjoy it. There arenít many rimfires that have the feel of a 52 sporter. The triggers on those can be amazing.

The memories you have with it are worth more than the rifle. Makes me think of my grandpa and his 10/22 I have. I miss that old man. He was the best.

Iron