Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2020, 08:23 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodak View Post
Aftermarket recievers. I loves my PWS Summit T3's. Getting my second one tomorrow.
of course that uses some 10/22 parts.. but it's not strictly a 10/22 action

and if it's truly a PWS built rifle, it must be old stock, since Volquartsen bought that design from PWS awhile ago
Old 09-13-2020, 09:12 PM
KiddVolq

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If you pretty much want to stick with one manufacturer for all the parts then: Kidd receivers have the rear tang, Kidd bolts are beautifully machined, Kidd extractors are almost as good as Volquartsen, Kidd triggers can not be argued against, and Kidd barrels hold their own against the competition, which really makes it tough for me to say that I've seen better charging handles.
Old 09-13-2020, 10:37 PM
nodak
National Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (49)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedcornish View Post
of course that uses some 10/22 parts.. but it's not strictly a 10/22 action

and if it's truly a PWS built rifle, it must be old stock, since Volquartsen bought that design from PWS awhile ago
No old stock out there I have seen. Both of mine are used. Doesn't bother me none. I'll be used either way ounce I trigger it up.
Old 09-13-2020, 11:55 PM
Iowa Fox
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
I have tried/used most everything on the market.. KIDD is what I recommend.
Guys, Truer words never spoken

I have to be right behind Chaser on trying stuff. This summer I purchased a receiver that I thought I would give a try since I had never tried one from this company. I'm not saying its a dud but I did tell myself I'm not spending my money on anything but Kidd stuff from this point forward.

I have never been disappointed or felt let down on anything I have purchased from Kidd.

Good luck on your choice of receivers.
Old 09-14-2020, 04:58 AM
cznut

TPC Rating: 
100% (107)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgill0056 View Post
I'm not worried about anything. Its just a 22lr. Just personally don't like having a rifle not in my name.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
The rifle wont be in your "name" so to speak even if you do the 4473 form at a shop, the form and background check is a disposition record only. Purchases can be checked with this info, but its not "registered" in your name.

As to the receiver question......CST........Buy once cry once
Old 09-14-2020, 06:16 AM
bucko
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
From experience, get the KIDD and you can move on. Every time I try to save money on a receiver it ends in failure one way or another.
Old 09-14-2020, 09:48 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
Everyone ends up with a full Kidd build eventually when you start getting into 10/22's. Some people just take the long expensive road on their way to realizing they should have just started out that way.
Old 09-14-2020, 09:53 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgill0056 View Post
Receiver not in my name? You realize they're serialized right? Its like buying an ar 15 lower. Its serialized and has to be sent to an ffl where the part is registered into your name. Like going into any gun shop and buying a gun. Backgrounds checks and so on.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
The ffl has the info, the feds or the states doing backgroubd checks are not allowed to keep that info. There is no gun registry.

So for example, you buy a gun at a store, get a background check, walk out of the store, loose the gun in the woods, its found . The only way it can be traced to you, is if you reported it lost or stolen. If not they go to the manufacturer , and they tell them where they sold it, etec etc., and maybe they get to the ffl, most likely not, and if they are still open and have computerized records , they might find your name, if its still on the computer.
That depends on where you live. I bought a handgun off a friend a few years back. We did the transfer online. About 2 years after that my friend got in a verbal argument in a store and the person happened to notice he had a handgun holstered on his right hip. Long story short charges were filed and local LE showed up at his house with a list of every single firearm that he owned and told him he had to hand them all over. Then they came to my house and wanted the firearm that I had bought off him even though it was done legally 2 years earlier. They also had a list of every firearm that I owned, which was pretty substantial.
Old 09-14-2020, 12:37 PM
KiddVolq

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
LE showed up at his house with a list of every single firearm that he owned and told him he had to hand them all over. Then they came to my house and wanted the firearm that I had bought off him even though it was done legally 2 years earlier. They also had a list of every firearm that I owned, which was pretty substantial.

Well, that's just creepy....and crapy.
Old 09-14-2020, 12:40 PM
KiddVolq

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I must have not copied that the same way you folks do. Sorry guys, I'm kinda new. I'll get better.
Old 09-14-2020, 03:14 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddVolq View Post
LE showed up at his house with a list of every single firearm that he owned and told him he had to hand them all over. Then they came to my house and wanted the firearm that I had bought off him even though it was done legally 2 years earlier. They also had a list of every firearm that I owned, which was pretty substantial.

Well, that's just creepy....and crapy.
Yup, you read that right. They also had a list of every firearm I owned even though I only bought one off of him. Also this happened well before he ever stepped foot in a courtroom.
Old 09-14-2020, 03:41 PM
wonshott

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
nick what happened to your legally purchased firearm?
Old 09-14-2020, 08:08 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonshott View Post
nick what happened to your legally purchased firearm?
Well......at first I refused to give it up. I then had a fairly lengthy conversation with the officer that was sent to get it. It finally got to the point where either the gun went to the police station or I did. So I told them the only way I was giving it up was if the chief came personally and documented it and gave me a signed receipt. So he came and did it. The next day I got a call from them telling them I could come to the station and pick it up. I told them since they came and took it I would like an officer to return it to my home, which they reluctantly agreed to. It actually all went pretty civil. I knew I was right and could have put up a bit more of a fight but I live in a fairly small town and drive by several officers on pretty much a daily basis. Don't need someone watching me every time I pull out of my driveway.
Old 09-15-2020, 05:27 PM
KiddVolq

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
IF, we have talked you into a shiny new Kidd, then I have to suggest the Supergrade version. A 20" target barrel with a big scope on qd rings will switch out to a ultralight barrel and a little 3-9x on qd rings or reflex sight, in a couple of minutes and it is a completely different rifle. Of course, the extras can be delayed until the credit card cools down.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:49 PM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
That depends on where you live. I bought a handgun off a friend a few years back. We did the transfer online. About 2 years after that my friend got in a verbal argument in a store and the person happened to notice he had a handgun holstered on his right hip. Long story short charges were filed and local LE showed up at his house with a list of every single firearm that he owned and told him he had to hand them all over. Then they came to my house and wanted the firearm that I had bought off him even though it was done legally 2 years earlier. They also had a list of every firearm that I owned, which was pretty substantial.
Not that I doubt you but https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NxVYET4li6ANGz

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...XHavpP18cewne2

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...ENSIdn1v-d4mkT
Closed Thread