Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-13-2020, 05:37 PM
kirby999

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Beretta 9M 22

Picked up my new Beretta M9 22 today and took it to the range .
Gave it wipe down and pulled a boresnake through the barrel and loaded the Mag up 15 MiniMags.
Target was set at 10 yards .
At first I was shooting about an inch out at around one oíclock. Shot about four mags of MM and switched over to Blazers . I shot two boxes of Blazers and a few mags of CCI AR22 . The more I shot the closer to Center the group got .
Not a FTF or FTF out of the lot . Group size was a hole a little bigger than a golf ball , just a touch right of center . Not enough to even fool with the sights right now until itís broken in a little more . And thatís with my fuzzy vision .
What a fun pistol .
Old 03-15-2020, 01:48 PM
tbates66
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thaty is good feedback. I am now curious about the M9 .22. Thanks for the report.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:59 AM
beemer606
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
They are definitely fun to shoot. Great feel to them like the 9mm. 15 round mags are unusual for a.22 pistol.

Last edited by beemer606; 04-10-2020 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2020, 08:28 AM
Czy_Horse

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My 2019 Merry Christmas to me, range toy.

Mine is the 92FS version. I made it out to the range a couple of times to shoot some steel. I whole heartily agree with the OP it is a lot of fun. It shoots everything I've put in it. I mostly shoot CCI SV but it cycled thru a few magazines of Rem Golden Bullets, CCI Mini Mags and Blazer ammo with no issues. Looking forward to getting back on the range when they reopen, they are all closed here due to Covid.

It's been a popular handgun with new shooters.
I had a couple of new shooters out to shoot 22lr's indoors at the range, both where quite impressed with the 92FS (other handguns Ruger Single Six & Ruger MK IV Hunter c/w Red Dot). After I explained the how the controls and feel, except recoil, of the 92FS 22lr is the same as my 92A1 9mm, they are looking forward to trying my 92A1 9mm on the outdoor range. Both are thinking about up grading their gun licenses so they can own/purchase handguns. With everything closed, they can't get into a course until Covid has passed. In the mean time they picked up one of those Umarex CO2 Beretta full auto BB guns.

Early February, a local troop of Boy Scouts came to our range for an introductory into handgun shooting. The Beretta 92FS 22lr was popular and safer. When letting them investigate the various actions and getting them to preform safety checks, the smaller younger ones where able to control the muzzle a lot better when working the weaker 22lr slide. They shot various 22lr handguns, they all had fun and are keen to come back in the summer for some rifle shooting.

It's a keeper I've picked up a couple more magazines and plan on buying an assortment of spare parts, guide rod & spring etc., from Brownell's.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:29 PM
beemer606
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I don't know why these aren't more popular. Great pistol with 15 round mags and threaded barrel. Identical in size to the 9mm version but a little lighter. Mine has been 100% reliable and is not picky about ammo.
Old 05-28-2020, 10:51 PM
A square 10
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
im real happy with mine - more so than my M9 but its still a great pistol , the M9-22 is surprisingly great to shoot , i highly recommend it ,
Old 09-14-2020, 06:53 PM
Stratplexi

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have owned a M9-22 for a couple of years now and I love it. I take it to every pistol range session. I normally take the M9-.22 and 1 of my other hand guns. About half of all my shooting is .22 and it saves me a lot of money and I just find the mild recoil and noise more enjoyable than bigger calibers. I highly recommend this pistol to anyone looking for a reliable and accurate .22. It’s a lot of fun and great value.

Last edited by Stratplexi; 09-15-2020 at 07:01 PM.