ARMSCOR ROCK ISLAND M1911 XT22 .22 MAG? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-10-2021, 02:03 PM
Sid Post

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
ARMSCOR ROCK ISLAND M1911 XT22 .22 MAG?

Has anyone used an ARMSCOR ROCK ISLAND M1911-A1 XT22 .22 MAG that can provide some feedback good or bad about it? I want more power than my 22lr pistol offers but, I want to stay away from centerfire options.

I'm not a fan of the KELTEC PMR-30 and want an autoloader so, this one seems like a viable option but I wonder about its reliability and accuracy. My primary use will be against rodents and general pests generally no farther than 20 yards away at the most.

TIA,
Sid
Old 01-10-2021, 02:25 PM
rjferber
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Sid Post - Here is my input with comments from several other members about that firearm:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1165143

I had asked for input as well prior to making a purchase 18 months ago, then finally bought one, and shared my thoughts after the initial range session. Since then RIA has come out with addition options. Bottom line . . . I would buy again.
Old 01-10-2021, 05:52 PM
Sid Post

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks! Some good data points there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2021, 07:35 PM
mongochicago
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Had one - dumped it. Would shoot one magazine with no problems. Then would experience many many malfunctions with ALL types and brands of ammo. Sent it to Armscor/Rock Island for repair. Got it back - same crap again. Around 18% malfunction rate. Got rid of it never to buy another Armscor product.
Old 01-11-2021, 09:46 AM
9x19

TPC Rating: 
100% (49)
I'm coming up on three years with mine, and no issues to speak of.

Mine has had a steady diet of 40 grain ammo, and I never worry about malfunctions.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1091826
Old 01-11-2021, 10:15 AM
papatrout65

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
No problems with mine after purchasing two after market magazines. Love it and carry it for critter control.
Old 01-11-2021, 10:58 AM
GladesGuy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I can't comment on this pistol in particular, but be aware that .22 Mag pistols are VERY LOUD! When I first got a SAA revolver with the mag cylinder and took it to the range it surprised me with how loud it was. If I field carry it, I'll load with .22LR velocitors or stingers to deal with pests at short distance.
Old 01-11-2021, 05:03 PM
Sid Post

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
In terms of noise, yes I'm aware of the muzzle blast issue with something like 22WMR out of a pistol. I'm also aware of the increased volume from shooting next to a wall, berm or, stand of trees.

With handguns, I always use either hearing protection or a suppressor. Generally, it is hearing protection because a ~6" can on the end of a pistol makes is about as convenient as a rifle with a 16" barrel.
Old 01-12-2021, 10:10 AM
Arrowhead
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bought one recently but have not been able to shoot it very much due to the weather. Yes, it's loud but recoil is mild. I can only imagine how ear-splitting it would be without hearing protection and am not going to find out. So far it has been flawless in function with Winchester and Aguila 40 gr. ammo. Don't waste your money on Winchester Dynapoint 45 gr. ammo as it is too weak to cycle the action.
Old 01-12-2021, 05:55 PM
Sid Post

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks. I have some CCI Hollow Points if one comes in stock or a CZ 22WMR finally comes my way.
Old 01-12-2021, 09:23 PM
Joe Dorn
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongochicago View Post
Had one - dumped it. Would shoot one magazine with no problems. Then would experience many many malfunctions with ALL types and brands of ammo. Sent it to Armscor/Rock Island for repair. Got it back - same crap again. Around 18% malfunction rate. Got rid of it never to buy another Armscor product.
I have also had several FTEs in the first hundred rounds... I have done several searches and this is a common problem. I have been working on loosening it up and hope that I have corrected the problem.I doubt that I have and it will be making a trip back to its maker... I love the gun but I love anything that looks like a 1911.... I have just got the Browning 1911 in 380 and I can't hardly put it down...Why two small caliber 1911.s... I am buying to match my stash....
Old 01-12-2021, 11:10 PM
Atonic

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dorn View Post
I have also had several FTEs in the first hundred rounds... I have done several searches and this is a common problem. I have been working on loosening it up and hope that I have corrected the problem.I doubt that I have and it will be making a trip back to its maker... I love the gun but I love anything that looks like a 1911.... I have just got the Browning 1911 in 380 and I can't hardly put it down...Why two small caliber 1911.s... I am buying to match my stash....
Sounds like mine. I called to ask for advice and their response was an RMA and shipping label. Took 3 months to get it back and has been to cold to go to the range. Monday's are Geezer discount day and the nearest indoor range. Might try that.
Old 01-13-2021, 06:54 PM
Wanderson

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
RIA

Love mine. Running any CCI, 100% reliable. Very accurate.
But first trip out I also tried some Hornady CD & Armscor brass case, no go. Fed just fine but neither would extract. Had to use pliers to remove the spent brass.
The 40gr. round nose is my preferred round, TNT and HP+v makes big fireballs.
Speer Gold dots run fine as well but the CCI 40 gr. is slightly more accurate. The gold dots have the least flash if that matters.

Used to have two other RIA 1911s, a GI style in 9mm and a .45 Tac II. The XTM-22 has the nicer trigger & sights from the Tac II.

I bought two more mags when I bought mine years ago when they first came out, even back then they were pricey, but they didnít need any break in and ran fine from the start. But stainless steel and well made so they didnít cheap out on the mag.