Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Remington Rimfire Pictures!! (All Models)

384K views 721 replies 365 participants last post by  dsf 
#1 · (Edited)
I have wanted this thread for a looong time but waited to start it until I finally had pictures of my first (& NOT last) Remington rimfire.

I ask only that we keep the chit chat to a minimum, and the *PICTURES* to a maximum!!! Model number and year are always welcome for those of us who don't know them all at a glance.

THANKS!!!

I'll go first:

1947 Model 121

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
2 513 Sporters, 4 513T's

513T, 521T, 511, 512, 510 extra mini youth model

upper is my 40X standard barrel, the lower is a heavy that I sold to another member

121 hiding behind a Savage 29B

37 in a big ungainly prone stock that's hiding some tigerstriping

my 34 (previous owners pic)

1/3 down, 2/3's to go. Someday I'll start buying semi's and nylons

#433 ·
...just a fantastic display of gorgeous firearms...my hat is off to you gentlemen...:bthumb:
That is a fantastic collection,them old Remingtons are astounding,why did they stop making them?Have three and they'll outshoot anything made today unless you want to spend 1500.00,my jewel a 34 unfired ,I'll probably start enjoying it soon,looks like you're enjoying yours,again fantastic display.

#31 · (Edited)
Is that sapwood or a lamination on the second 581? Thats very good looking...:t
Its three layers. Walnut surrounding a full one inch slab of what we refer to here in South-Central Kentucky as a "soft" maple. I probably should have planed down the maple more before gluing the walnut to it, to preserve more walnut, but it turned out ok. That's a rosewood grip cap btw.

Here's a better view of the relationship between the three pieces:

Absolutely and wonderfully rendered 581's Cowboy. I love them. Wave your magic wand over my 580 and make it look as nice.
No magic, but careful selection of components and one heck of a good stockmaker. I'll pass along your compliments.