Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

New BC - in stainless

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  wproct 
#1 ·
Got my new Bearcat (stainless, fixed sights) from the dealer this week.. Got some range time this morning trying to figure out the POA and sight picture.. Horizontally all is good, but it is shooting quite low at 15 yds but im working on that.

Trigger pull has a clean break, but heavy. I swapped out the trigger spring for a Wolff already

Recommendations on someone to slick everything up?

Im willing to pay in the $150 range and NOT wanting to remove the transfer bar

Got recommendations of Tyler Gun Works and Powers Metal Work from a facebook group. Both are within my price range..

Any others to try?

#3 · (Edited)
My two stainless 'cats were made in 2011, so they needed the Wolff springs, and new stainless ejector housings from EWK Arms. Back then Ruger's were anodized aluminum; IIRC they changed that in 2016. ( Neither EWK, nor Hamilton Bowen, make them anymore now that Ruger has them available.)

I usually shoot them at about 20 yards, and just covering the bull with the tip of the blade fixes the elevation. I don't like filing sights, since that's only good for one distance anyway. Windage is dead on. Both shoot the same.

I haven't "slicked" anything up. A few hundred rounds got it pretty nice for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.