Finally building my ultimate 10/22 - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-09-2021, 06:57 PM
crazyengineer
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Got time to make a pillar at work, took the opportunity cheat and use the CNC machines to cut the hole and pocket in the stock for the pillar. I may have gone a little overboard on the pillar.

I made the big flange on the pillar to aid in supporting the receiver like a bedding block. I was initially planning on anodizing the pillar black, but after seeing it mocked up I think I’m gonna leave it silver.

I’m gonna use acraglas to mount the pillar in the stock. Once it’s in and cured I’ll put the receiver in the stock, do some fitting, and make sure the barrel is floated when the receiver is snug against the pillar. Once I get that done I’ll bed the rest of the action (mainly in the back and bottom side of the receiver). The big flange is proud of the stock base by about .010” to let the action sit flush against the pillar rather than against the wood (acraglass will take up the rest of the space)

Earlier this week I drilled out the 12-24 hole in the receiver, I then tapped it 1/4-28 to give a bit more holding strength (not that it needs it in a .22....but if I’m gonna overkill it I may as well go all the way)

Once it is bedded and ready to go, I’ll touch up the stain and then finish it with tru oil
Old Yesterday, 11:35 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (36)
Nice job.