Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Remington 12c project gun - Part 1

857 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  sulfur-n-steel 
#1 · (Edited)
Wanted to share a project gun I've been working on lately in hopes it might help or inspire someone who's considering something similar.

Whatever you think of Remington, to me they've always represented the 'everyday man's firearm'. My long gone relatives mostly hunted with Remington firearms and after having some handed down to me, I've come more to appreciate both the slim design and what these old guns represent.

So recently I got my hands on a fairly rough Remington 12c that looked like it had some incredible hunting tales if only it could talk. I'll admit too, these slide action guns have always been a thing of wonder to me thinking about old shooting galleries and the joy they brought to so many people.

So, on to the rifle.
When I started this, I failed to take any good photos of the rifle to show its poor condition, but I did find a good picture of the barrel that shows the basic condition. This is pretty representative of what all the steel looked like. It was pretty rusty and very blotchy, the bluing was more or less gone.

On to Part 2

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.