Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

541 mags

882 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Dean1151 
#1 ·
Anywhere to get 541 mags for a reasonable price? Preferably 5 rounders.

#2 ·
Maybe not what you want, but I would highly recommend the stainless steel mags from John Reed. His email is: jreedtn81@gmail.com

I posted a review of the mag I got from him a few weeks ago. Every other review I've read has been very positive. That being said, if you want the original factory plastic mags-which also work great- check gunbroker or ebay. A few years ago, I even remember Remington selling them in small batches from time to time but not sure if they even sell parts anymore. Good luck!

#4 ·
I have used both the J.Reed and Treckker versions in my 541s. No problems with either. J.Reed Steel mags are great, fit well and function well. Treckker also are great, fit well and function well. The choice is yours, Steel or 3D Plastic. Over many hundreds of years steel may outlast Plastic? Only time will tell on that point. For now and in My lifetime, both are very good and I am very happy with them. As for 10 rounders, Not much luck on those at the beginning or now. Load 8 or 9 rounds and they will do fairly well, try 10 and not really. Thats why I have several of the Reed and Trackker versions and do not worry on swapping them. Wonderful people with a wonderful product on either version. Order and enjoy. Randy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.