Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Remington Rimfire Pictures!! (All Models)

384K views 721 replies 365 participants last post by  dsf 
#1 · (Edited)
I have wanted this thread for a looong time but waited to start it until I finally had pictures of my first (& NOT last) Remington rimfire.

I ask only that we keep the chit chat to a minimum, and the *PICTURES* to a maximum!!! Model number and year are always welcome for those of us who don't know them all at a glance.

THANKS!!!

I'll go first:

1947 Model 121

See less See more
#625 ·
Very nice. I Thought about adding a forend tip and grip cap to the stock that's on its way here, but wasn't sure it would look right. Now I know what it would look like with a forend tip - I like it. Maybe a thin rubber recoil pad ( never liked a plastic butt plate - slip too easy). I also like the idea of adding checkering. I think you just added a few more hours to my project LOL.

#624 · (Edited)
Ok - One more time. Had to reduce the size of the pics....

Here's my first Remington rimfire - an extremely clean 541-S sporting a Leupold 3-9.

My second one isn't quite as clean. Came out of my grandfathers shop a few years ago. He was a gunsmith for many years, and died in '81, but his shop sat untouched till my grandmother died, so that's when I had to go thru and clean it out. Didn't see any other related parts, so the scrounging has begun. It also shows signs of having the bbl swapped. The bore on this one is pristine. I have a stock inbound from eBay along with a trigger guard. I still need to dig up a front sight, inner mag tube, and rear sight elevator - should be fairly easy. This one will be completely broken down, cleaned up, reblued, and brought back to where it should be.

Here's the stock - really anxious to get it stripped and refinished....

#629 ·
This is Dean's, wife, Marilyn.

[I hope this is one of the correct threads to post to, since my late husband, Dean Grua passed away on December 7 from Lymphoma cancer.]

Since I knew he was into Rimfire rifles and handguns [as well as, other guns],

I figured I'd reach a wider membership if I posted to individual forums that Dean was interested in.

I don't know if any of you have shot with Dean and/or have photos taken of him in the past (since Dean got around to different matches and states, for at least 35 years of shooting), but if you have any, would you PM me using Dean's IHMSA80x80 username and email them to me please?

After Dean sadly passed away on Dec. 7 from Lymphoma cancer, I set up a "Dean" folder on the computer just for all things having to do with Dean.

I'd loved to have any photos of Dean.

Thank you.

Marilyn Grua

#635 ·
I am deeply saddened to hear this. I have no pictures but shared a love of silhouette shooting with Dean.
Prayers for you and your loved ones for your loss.
Cowboy4,

I just saw your response. Sorry I didn't respond sooner.

Thank you. Very appreciated.

Dean was 68 when he passed away.

If you want to read his obituary, here's the link:

https://www.linnemannfuneralhomes.com/obituary/dean-thomas-grua/

If you'd also like to view his memorial, here's the link:

Marilyn

:F

#634 ·
Don't think that I ever put up the Remington tribe here.

I'm sure the photographs I post will be oversized and for this I apologize. I cannot make photobucket correctly interface(?) with RimfireCentral and this issue is unique to this forum.

Model 33 (January 1935)

Model 34 NRA Target (September 1934)

Model 41 (October 1936)

Model 341 (March 1936)

Model 510 (September 1946)

Model 511 (February 1955)

Model 512 (February 1950)

Model 514 (June 1958)

#637 · (Edited)
552 BDL-Unknown Birthday. My 1st Remington Autoloader

I picked this up yesterday, spent three hours or so cleaning it. found out that it has passed through several hands in North Carolina, all shooters but none knew how to take it apart and clean it. I'll try it out in the morning. Should go well, as wear was minimal, trigger pull is 3.5# and I have plenty of SK+.
After viewing all the pics in this thread, I'll be on the lookout for a Model 24 and a Model 12. I get addicted to rimfires easily.
If anyone can tell me its birth date, please do. Barrel code AM. Serial #D141xxxx.
Thanks!
Amanda

Attachments

#640 ·
Here's a grouping of Remington Semi-Automatic Rimfire Rifle models, the early years.....

From Top to Bottom:

Remington Mdl 16

Remington Mdl 24

Remington Mdl 241

Remington Mdl 550-1

Remington Mdl 552

Remington Nylon Mdl 66 (Apache Black)

Sorry, but I never had much interest in the Remington Viper, or any of the subsequent Remington Semi-Automatic rifles, so this is where I stop.

#645 ·
Mod:34 Mod:510 Mod:580

The Model 34 and 510 Targetmaster were my grandfathers 22's one was a squirrel hunter the 34, the other a **** hunter, for their main use.

The 580 is mine to leave my grandson. I bought it as a youth model as the around here the 580 family in single shot is hard to find.

I had a 541 but wanted more. So I tore it down and had my smith thread the receiver, add a second action mounting screw to the bottom of the action so it could be free floated and properly bedded.

I also had the trigger work done to lighten and take all creep out. As well as had my plater redo the finish in Hard Chrome.

Then I had Ron Pence build me a 26 light sporter, hand cut rifled barrel and chamber it with a 22LL Match chamber. I built this for squirrel mainly, as well as other small game chores, but wanted to use it for local club rimfire matches. The 26" barrel was mainly used to quiet the standard and target 22RF ammo when hunting, and it works!

Someday I hope my grandson will add his spin to this collection, and enjoy owning it as much as I doe, but mainly, keep them in the family.

#647 · (Edited)
This is my Nylon 66 Apache Black made in August 1969, given to me by my parents that same year.
My brother had it's twin, his is long gone. Mine started with just the open sights.
Later a Weaver 4x steel tube scope was added for older eyes.
It now wears a vintage Tasco 702W 6-18x40 AO Japan made scope as well as a sling with custom stainless steel sling studs.
I always thought it had a Buck Rogers look- especially now with the big Tasco.
Bicycle part Trigger Gun accessory Air gun Auto part

Bicycle part Bumper Automotive exterior Musical instrument accessory Auto part

Nickel Tire Rim Bicycle part Gas

Household hardware Metal Silver Fashion accessory Electric blue

Bicycle part Fashion accessory Metal Bicycle drivetrain part Titanium