Votes: 18 3.5%
  • Mail Jeep / Truck

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • I don't drive!

Votes: 1 0.2%

What vehicle are you driving?

25K views 258 replies 173 participants last post by  centex229 
#1 ·
Your primary vehicle.... your daily driver -- what is it?

#14 ·
We just leased an electric Chevy Bolt for my wife's 6-mile daily commute. We make the electrons in the backyard, so the "gas" is free. Average gas-powered car drivetrain: several thousand moving parts. Average electric car drivetrain: fewer than 20. Yeah, so no maintenance either. The lease means that I got her hand-me-down VW sedan. 2002 vintage. Ouch. Had to trade away the '04 Outback in the deal, too. Double ouch. I really miss that AWD in the recent snow.

Still, I will drive the VW till something expensive fails and then "look about me."

#19 · (Edited)
I have a black 2005 Scion xB, with red wheels. DMV considers it a SUV, even though it's about the size of a VW Beetle and not 4WD. This is a stock photo of a silver one. Mine has 110k on it, and besides the turn signal stalk replaced,; has never had anything done besides brakes, tires, plugs, and oil changes.

#23 ·
I'll play - 2005 Dodge 2500 4x4 diesel. Excellent truck - minor 1/2" size rust and that is it. Mostly factory, not "chipped". I can work on most of it without paying for a mechanic. My wife is pushing me to get a newer truck and I am balking, as the new stuff has excessive computers/sensors. I feel the need to go back in time to a 2002 or 1993 Dodge 4x4 with the Cummins engine. I also feel the need to go with a manual transmission.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.