Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2021, 08:23 PM
Gobblerk5
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Yes, we got cards...but we each ate two orange tic tacs before getting stabbed, so as not to have the chip get activated...

Our cards got mixed up for bout two weeks b'c I had Dad's & he had mine...We both got stabbed same day, same time... sitting side by side in his minivan.

Dad even told the nurse "Hey, David says by getting this shot, I'm gonna grow a third nipple, is that true?"

David sat there

Nurse replied to Dad "Nah don't think so, but a third arm is possible, but that'd be good for you so as to help you pull your shorts up"

Al...only 13 kernels?

I built one of these traps 20+yrs ago when I worked for VA Game Commission...our "shop" on the WMA was colonized...I read a book around that time of a wildlife biologist stationed in a cabin out west who built this type trap for vermin he was living with in his remote cabin.

So I used a welding rod across top of bucket with an empty 12oz Pepsi can from my lunch...smeared some PB on can (stole the PB from my PB&J lunch sammie)...set a board up as a ramp for their ascent. Next day at work I had 6 floaters...

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Last edited by Gobblerk5; 08-03-2021 at 08:30 PM.
Old 08-03-2021, 08:30 PM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N TN View Post
1400 miles down, 700+ to go.
Awesome!
Old 08-03-2021, 08:32 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Unfortunately have to report Mayor is back in hospital with possible pneumonia. So I am doing sandman tonight.

Goodnight Gigi, Sophia, Marylin, Al, Rhody, Don, mdew, wook, blackwolfe, Alum, GF, Sail, TD, Szumi, COW, Wayne, Gobb, Ranger, Hawkeye, Atonic, W8LON, Darkest, pans, efly, Phil, TinCan, Greggie, Mike, Rock, dlong, Gerald, M92, AZ, Tricks, Brent, jnyork, OldDave, nfcracin, GP, JDWin, Whip, RichJ, squirrel, syfr, JVStalin, zenaca, 404, Wade, koonta, OldSwede, acheyj, vlnbyr, rosscoe, arjay, Flys, wr, labratt, RonL, 1917, Carrij, Mikey, JimWY, Johnny, rj, Rick, calibrian, LASTSHOT and all the rest.

Sleep tight

Sent from my 9029Z using Tapatalk
Old 08-03-2021, 08:34 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
A little late but happy sacrifice cheese day Gobbler.

Cheese Sacrifice Purchase Day is a “food holiday” for which one purchases cheese and “sacrifices” it to a mouse trap, in order to rid one’s home of mice.

Read more at: https://blog.thenibble.com/2011/07/2...-purchase-day/

Sent from my LM-X220 using Tapatalk
Had to use peanut butter, ate the cheese. And the chips. I thought they were food, not fer ID'n an such. Oops.

Mice at my house might last .02 seconds, and that's if one of the cats decided to steal the kill from another.
Old 08-03-2021, 08:39 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It's strange. How can I be closer to all of you that I have never met. Than to the people I grew up with and my own relatives. I felt more when Dean passed than my own uncle.

Old 08-03-2021, 08:39 PM
Gobblerk5
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I was worried bout the mayor when he posted bout coughing up stuff again...thx for letting us know

Old 08-03-2021, 08:41 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobblerk5 View Post
Al...only 13 kernels?
Or 17.
Old 08-03-2021, 08:46 PM
Tin Indian

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Sorry to hear about the Mayors setback. Continued prayers for his complete recovery. Thank you Az for keeping us informed.
Old 08-03-2021, 08:49 PM
wookness
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Seeing some weird progressions of postings, so there may be one of Gobb's dad's little visitors scurrying about licking up traces of Gig Red in a server farm in the cloud which isn't in space, just low orbit. Extension cords have their limits, yano.
--

Good news on your bride's medical team and her condition, Phil, I think. Prayers things improve for you guys. Your attitude is truly admirable. Same for many others here; jots and tiddle's coming to mind.. in the greater scheme of things.
--

Don and his family have been foremost in my thots today.
--

Just finished dragging a lot of a very large Cherry Laurel to the street out front. It's trunk is roughly a foot in dia., perhaps a bit more at it's base, but it had been harmed by the last tornado and twisted and bent & split in several places and it was time to start taking it down. It resided in the back and was inhibiting a holly, among other things. Started with a pole saw and then finished with a chain saw, once I had each section down. No ladders were involved. Controlled falls, don'tcha know. Had to take a number of breaks. Plumb wore this old geezer out, but needed to take advantage of the weather. Temp peaked at 91, RH burned off to the low 40% range and wind amounted to a few light cooling breezes. It'll B a hunnert again by Sunday, so they say. Gonna try and whack some lower limbs off an oak in front in the morning and get them to the street as well before the city's bulk trash trucks come rolling thru. That's all chain saw activity and the distances involved are not great. Bucket list stuff that I'll be most happy to get behind me.

Feeling like I've accomplished something worthwhile today. It took a great deal of effort. Having a stout bourbon at present and feeling like I've earned it. That good feeling of accomplishment is honestly not present every day, but I always enjoy it, when its present. Know whot I mean, Vern?
--

Have just been summoned for dinner. Some of last season's dove w/a bacon wrap. Yum!

May come back later.

Old 08-03-2021, 08:59 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
It's strange. How can I be closer to all of you that I have never met.
Common interests. I am closer to many people I've met thru interwebs (motorcycling and radio control) than most of my extended family. Shooting is recent, fwiw..

Quote:
Unfortunately have to report Mayor is back in hospital with possible pneumonia.
Fark..
Old 08-03-2021, 09:01 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post

Don and his family have been foremost in my thots today.
+1
It was a hard day when we had my father's.

If anyone can beat this hiccup its you Mayor.

In other news Steve posted in the CZ Forum this am. Was it something Splatz said? Al wondered bemusedly to himself for years.
Old 08-03-2021, 09:02 PM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I'm very blessed to have such good family and friends. There was a good showing today.
The pastor has been a God Send and a true leader. He helped us through this.

We gathered at my sister's, on the North Shore.

I started noticing electrical problems in the ole core processor. Elevated heart rate at rest. My meds are at home, and in my truck. We were in Karen's car.
Came home and took meds. Waiting for it to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil in Alabama View Post
To heck with papers, we need more electronics, just stick and RFID chip in everybody with all our info on it from cradle to grave. Track each move, tax every pfennig. Some animals are more equal than others! Heil whatzisname.
Phil, RFID chips are so like seven years ago. Now I have Bluetooth. RFID still works, years after it's projected lifespan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
Wait... now that I think about it, if memory serves I had to show a photo ID to get my vax. Just me? Or did you other vaxxers also have to prove you were you before they jabbed you?
I got mine at the VA They verify your ID with a series of questions. Can't recall having to show ID, even though they issue you a photo ID and you have to show it to get into the parking garage.
Then again. I do have the RFID chip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobblerk5 View Post
Shown no ID to get jabbed...by meself nor my father...

Speaking of father...we assembled and readied the mus musculus capture dunk tanks this afternoon...
And Dad provided supervision as I assembled the dunk tanks...
One on the pool table...
One in "garage" section of basement...
One by the washer / dryer in "garage" section...
And the last one...in dad's van...
I left dad while telling him happy hunting tonight!

I'll stop by in morning to see if there are any swimmers...

Check out 'Mouse Trap Mondays' on You Tube. Shawn Woods.

If y'all have mice, those traps will decimate their population fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
Did you get cards?
Yes. Both Karen and I got cards. We laminated them.

I took mine on my trip, Justin Case.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Last edited by dbmjr1; 08-03-2021 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-03-2021, 09:10 PM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post
Feeling like I've accomplished something worthwhile today.
Welcome to my world. But I did get my peaches harvested, chopped up, bagged, and in the freezer.

Acquaintances living in BC (Canada) who usually come to visit a couple times each year report temps of 120°F (50°C), their little village has been destroyed by fire, the sky is completely obscured by smoke, and everything is covered with ashes. They are anxious to visit just to get away but while 'muricans can go to Canada there is no crossing by Canadians into 'murica allowed (the border is closed). That policy is supposedly up for review 21 August. Their fingers are crossed.
Old 08-03-2021, 09:11 PM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Unfortunately have to report Mayor is back in hospital with possible pneumonia. So I am doing sandman tonight.

Goodnight Gigi, Sophia, Marylin, Al, Rhody, Don, mdew, wook, blackwolfe, Alum, GF, Sail, TD, Szumi, COW, Wayne, Gobb, Ranger, Hawkeye, Atonic, W8LON, Darkest, pans, efly, Phil, TinCan, Greggie, Mike, Rock, dlong, Gerald, M92, AZ, Tricks, Brent, jnyork, OldDave, nfcracin, GP, JDWin, Whip, RichJ, squirrel, syfr, JVStalin, zenaca, 404, Wade, koonta, OldSwede, acheyj, vlnbyr, rosscoe, arjay, Flys, wr, labratt, RonL, 1917, Carrij, Mikey, JimWY, Johnny, rj, Rick, calibrian, LASTSHOT and all the rest.

Sleep tight
G'night yourselves. Mayor - we're pulling for you!

Old 08-03-2021, 09:14 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You old timers are the gramps I wish I had when growing up.

Closed Thread