Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Wolf MT misfires?

530 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  **oneshot** 
#1 ·
I started shooting Wolf MT years ago, just as it was becoming known as exceptionally accurate and relatively inexpensive. I continued to shoot it for a number of year, and never found a gun that did not shoot it well. In some guns another brand might be slightly more accurate, but only slightly, and I never found a gun (handgun or rifle) that shot the Wolf poorly. I started shooting Bullseye a couple of years ago with a Ruger MkII, and was shooting the MT with good results, except that I suddenly started getting some misfires with a new order of the MT, maybe 2-5 per box. This of course is not acceptable, especially in Bullseye. I tried EVERYTHING to stop the misfires in my Mk II, and I mean EVERYTHING. Different barrels, different mags, cleaning, different spirngs. I ultimately shook my head and switched to the CCI SV. No problems. Since then I have encountered at least 3 other fellow Bullseye shooters with the same experience. So...my question is...have others noticed an increased tendency of the MT's to misfire, specifically in handguns, and maybe more specifically in Ruger MkII's or MkIII's? And please don't flood me with suggestions to change my gun. These experiences are very specific to the Wolf MT ammo.

#2 ·
It hasn't happened yet to me in my Mark IIs or IIIs, was the lot number for you and the other shooters the same?

I'd contact Wolf and have them replace your ammo - everything I that lot # might be bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.