Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Show me your Walther

147K views 284 replies 168 participants last post by  PastorMikH 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi there!

Just like I've seen it here for the other brands, I think it would be nice to see your Walther(s) here ;)

I start first.
It's a KKJ Model.
By the way: Does someone know "more" about the models of Walther KKJ's that have been made?
Mine looks a bit different, I think the stock is longer than it is at any else KKJ I've seen in the past.
Barrel length 20.87" (53 cm)
Distance from muzzle to stock 8.27" (21 cm)

Whole album:
http://picasaweb.google.com/107427043973055748681/WaltherKKJ#

Edit: I wrote an inquiry to Walther about my rifle and got answer:
My rifle is from 1960 and some kind of "special edition".
What means: The stock is an official option of these series, but was only made on customers request.

See less See more
#94 · (Edited)
Yes, that is a very nice photo but you did not tell us about the rifle!

Does it have an interesting history?

Did it float down out of a cloud one day to the sound of a load voice saying "Take this rifle, go forth into the wilderness and convert the users of 10-22s"?

How does it shoot?

What type of shooting do you do?

.........and, as for the teaser rifle on the tailgate, what kind of rifle is it and what is its claim to fame? It looks like a Walther with one of those silly (unless you are left handed) left-handed match rear sights!

#95 ·
The KKM was my Dads prone match rifle till diabetes gave him a stroke and took his eye site now I shoot it and treat it as if its the greatest rifle ever made! I think my Dad got it new in 64 and i know its the only rifle he ever shot at a match! I shoot Federal 922A in it most of the time and of a bench or prone with a rest it will do .1's and .2's at 50 yards and my best group with is so far is .022 prone off a rest at 50 yards with RWS R-50! I shoot a little of everything but i love 50 and 100 yard prone shooting , scope or iron sights! The gun one the tailgat is a RWS 350 magnum air rifle with the walther match rear sight! :)

#96 ·
Thanks for the info.

Its great that you have your Dad's rifle, that you and the rifle shoot well together and long may you continue to do so.

The Walther sight on the RWS air rifle should certainly be less awkward to use on a rifle that is probably shot from the standing position most of the time.