Trigger does not release hammer - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-05-2019, 05:48 PM
korbendallas
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Trigger does not release hammer

Hi all. New here to the forum and I think I broke my SR22. I got it in May and had trouble with the disassembly. I'm not a total gun noob but for whatever reason I had difficulty getting the slide off. The release was really tight but I got it to drop. Then when I went to reassemble it, I had to pull the hammer way back to get the slide to go on. I think I broke something during this process.

Keep in mind I've only gotten this thing to fire 3 total times. Everything is brand new. I cleaned it before going to the range and I use ballistol and nothing else. My wife doesn't like the smell so it goes on pretty thin and I wipe most of it off.

Here are my symptoms. New mag CCI mini mag 40 gr. Insert mag and charge weapon. Everything looks good. Pull the trigger and the trigger goes all the way to the rear position and the hammer does nothing. Cycle the weapon. New round loads, goes bang when I pull the trigger then pull the trigger all the way back and nothing happens. Cycle the weapon. Pull the trigger. No bang.

When I pull the trigger and no bang, the trigger is totally lifeless. No resistance whatsoever. The hammer stays cocked.

When I have the weapon field stripped, the trigger flops. You can move it all around. I think I'm missing something in the assembly of the gun. It's like there is no connection between the trigger bar and whatever releases the hammer. I looked on YouTube university and there is a video taking about a magazine disconnect causing this issue. My gun is brand new as are the mags so I'm not sure this applies to me. Any help would be appreciated.