Old 09-22-2019, 06:15 AM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD1 View Post
Very good form. I give an 8.5/10.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 09-22-2019, 07:09 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmjr1 View Post

A guess at the markings on the box. 93rd A&D Bound Book. 75th Entry. Makes it easier to dispose of the firearm in the book after the sale, if you know right where to look.
Likely a better than average guess....

Tired all over, 38 rifles transferred to their new home, maybe 7-8 more will fit in the "65" rifle Hells Canyon...about normal.
Old 09-22-2019, 07:23 AM
Szumi
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I want no more brass chuckers. Especially .32's. That brass goes interdimensional immediately upon extraction.
It's no so common that I can pick it up at the range.

Packed for tomorrow.
  • .410 Cal Shotgun
  • Ruger Blackhawk .45cal, Convertable
  • Ruger Single Six Convertable

I need to practice with the shotgun. I really need to find a way to practice 'crossing' shots. I need to learn how to lead the bird. I'm watching some videos, but I learn best by 'doing'. I've no place to shoot skeet around here.

I'm bringing 50 .45 Colt and 50 .45 ACP

I'm bringing an antique box of Winchester 555 and a couple partial boxes of .22 Magnum.

Today I split/stacked a bunch of the wood from my pear tree for the outside pit. I really need to move around more, and perhaps eat a bit less.
I fired 10 .380 rounds yesterday at a covered range with a concrete floor. 5 went inter dimensional as you aptly put it.

Which cylinders are the most accurate with your convertibles?

I read that pear wood is good for smoking some meats.

I'm trying to drop a few pounds. The pinched nerves in my leg would likely fare better if there wasn't as much of me pressing on them. The oak is slowing moving to the burn pile, a few pieces every night while the charcoal is turning red.

No range trip today. Going to be wet. Going to the big gun store to get some BE-86 powder to try out in .380.

Good luck with the .410!

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2019, 08:10 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Eagles View Post
One set gone. One set spending the night.

You have a B&B license your Honor?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post

Tired all over, 38 rifles transferred to their new home, maybe 7-8 more will fit in the "65" rifle Hells Canyon...about normal.
Didja, wouldja, take em out and take a few pix of every single one one at a time on your outdoor table please?

Warm all Last nite @ 66˚
Old 09-22-2019, 08:24 AM
gewehrfreund
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
Perfect late summer day at the northern coast beach yesterday. The beach had recovered nicely - wide, clean and sandy. Sort of a "lonely planet" kind of day with few people and those we did encounter were all mellow and friendly.
The wiener dogs enjoyed it too and it was warm enough that they spent much of the stationary time digging down to the cool, moist sand, as is their badger worrying nature.
In this area, the water is crystal clear and stays below knee level out to about 100-150 yards before getting deep enough for any swimming or significant swells. The near shore water warmed up quickly and we saw hundreds of fry fish of an undetermined species staying well in from the big hungry fish in the blue water.
Other sightings included a lone bald eagle,, sundry gulls, and a pair of sanderlings.
We didn't make it to the porch music festival in tiny, enchanting Sackett's Harbor a ways to the north. More's the pity.
The whole eastern Lake Ontario/St. Lawrence/Thousand Islands area is always worth the visit. Just not in the winter time . . . . .

Quote:

Good seeing you at the range Dave.
Next thing you know, Splatz will have a shooting report.

If so, there'll have to be Volvos and bicycles involved . . . .

I need to practice with the shotgun. I really need to find a way to practice 'crossing' shots. I need to learn how to lead the bird. I'm watching some videos, but I learn best by 'doing'. I've no place to shoot skeet around here.

You need to start a campaign/protest to get skeet fields of dreams built down there,

unless that yankee game is illegal down there in the bayou.

Today I split/stacked a bunch of the wood from my pear tree for the outside pit. I really need to move around more, and perhaps eat a bit less.
Who doesn't?
Old 09-22-2019, 08:28 AM
gewehrfreund
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
Quote:

That's at least 15 arsenals!

And now everyone knows . . . . . . .

Old 09-22-2019, 08:44 AM
Szumi
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:

There is no truth in advertising when it comes to gun safes. Was there the obligatory "up to" in the ad copy?

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:53 AM
Wayne Sihler
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Had the first shower of rain since the first of the month.3/10" in a short T-storm.Much welcomed.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:00 AM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
On practicing crossing clay targets, the inexpensive plastic hand throwers can be effective tho it does require someone w/a good arm and a safe place for throwing them and taking shot fall into consideration as well, for safety. A beach, lake front or access to an open field could be a consideration as easily as some swamp. In the former type places you would have nothing in the background to interfere with vision and in the latter, plenty. It does make a dif., at least for me.

Broken pitch targets are known to be toxic to hogs. Target cartons used to have that warning printed on them. I've not looked recently to see whether they still do or not.

'Stick birds' can be among the most difficult of all targets and lend themselves to multiple presentations. That's using a hand thrower attached to a heavy saltwater rod or pool que. The targets thrown from such an apparatus can be unbelievably fast & difficult.

Neither of those methods are expensive, but both are effective. Just saying.

.410's w/half oz. payloads of shot up to roughly #7.5 size can be effective to about 30 yards. Beyond that, a break on a clay is primarily luck. At skeet ranges, its all about correct pointing; there is no room for error, when using the little gun.
--

Our rifle & pistol range stations are inside a house w/smooth concrete floors and the vast majority of brass is recoverable. Problems arise when it goes flying out a window and how elusive it can sometimes be, finding where it went inside. I am usually successful in retrieving it all, but at times it can take a few minutes doing so. Users of those facilities are required to pick up their spent brass & either take it home or put it in the trash at the end of their sessions.
--

Presently 77, RH 82% and windy w/a high of 96 forecast and triple digit heat indices likely later. Thinking to go and worry some more impossible clay targets before it gets too hot to enjoy the challenge.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:03 AM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Rain last night means fog in the valley this morning.

Old 09-22-2019, 10:04 AM
Tex45LC

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Burgers, pineapple & pears heading to the grill later today...assuming the rains holds off. Got our Texas cool front here....81 with a high of 87.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:06 AM
dlong

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Cooper Phoenix 22-250 targets. Not so bad but it has shot better. Maybe it’s me.
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...1&d=1569161138

5 shots 100 yards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AAD38FF0-9DEE-4473-AACF-FFAA42F0FEEB.jpg (503.8 KB, 11 views)
......Tom Petty
Old 09-22-2019, 10:19 AM
TD1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlong View Post
Cooper Phoenix 22-250 targets. Not so bad but it has shot better. Maybe its me.
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...1&d=1569161138

5 shots 100 yards
Maybe limit yourself to either three shot groups and/or allow for more time between shots for tne barrel to cool down for five shot groups with the 22-250 cartouche.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:22 AM
dlong

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Barrel was heating up to 112 degrees. I let it cool after 20 shots.
I don’t load hot. 53gr match kings with H 380. I would guess barrel has around 1500 rounds through it.
......Tom Petty

Last edited by dlong; 09-22-2019 at 10:26 AM.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:36 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You're rusty D.

I told the Finn if I'm in a coma and playing Sophia's Stoned song doesn't have me come out of it swearing at the music, pull the plug.

Made some groceries and when I came out my glasses instantly fogged up. All cool windows everywhere are fogged up from the LAST warm humidity.