The Watering Hole 9-16-2019 - Page 25 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2019, 09:04 AM
gewehrfreund
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)

Off to the big lake today to inspect the beach erosion. We haven't been up there all summer, based on the high water levels and subsequent beach disappearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Eagles View Post

Sophia, white gravy. How do you do hot donuts with ice cream inside?

Ever hear of baked Alaska?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atonic View Post
Soft-serve injected at point-of-sale is my guess.
or that.
Old 09-21-2019, 09:06 AM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Getting a mole almost every day; time for the molenator.
It's about time someone here bought one. I want video of you blowing up your back yard. You're yuppy neighbors are gonna love it. I don't think moles, or the Molenator respects fence lines.

Quote:
Do you have a Walther sticker on your tailgate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post
Weird day yesterday w/some rain sputters and quasi extreme temps, hitting 96 ambient & heat indices of a hunnert during the afternoon w/rain like RH levels, but no rain of any consequence and very windy S 19 G 28. Had every intention of taking a nap when my FFL calls that the Beretta model 81 I'd ordered [thanks, Sails!] had come in. That was at 3P, so decided whine not & departed in ugly afternoon traffic to go & pick it up, getting there around 4P. I'd pd. a slight premium for 'hand select' & got a brand new one that has no indication of having even been fired! It does have a couple of very tiny marks, more 'dinks' really, less than pin head size on its alloy frame's edges and a 'smudge' on the opening serrations of the steel slide, but otherwise its as new.

And since the FFL I'm using these days is out past the GC I returned via the club where they were just finishing up a private fund raiser Sporty Clays tournament. Found that the winning squad was comprised of three friends of mine + one of theirs who was the corporate sponsor squad member. They broke 385/400! Later, our gal that coordinates shoots & events told me there were 71 shooters participating. Its a status deal on some of the shoots like that & you will have corp. sponsors who will go to great lengths to put together the best squad possible to try and win. I would not have had the stamina to have done the whole thing during the afternoon's heat. I think they started the shooting around noon after morning meetings and a catered BBQ lunch.

Whot I did was to shoot four boxes of regular skeet starting about 5:45 w/ some other members, as we waited for two other guys to get there after they got off work. The skies clouded up blue black w/threatening rain clouds about then and the aforementioned winds switched to SE 18 G 29. I broke 22, 20 [had three senior/mental moments], 23 & 22 for 87%! I felt pretty good doing that as the winds were playing havoc w/the targets and beat me on all the other misses I made. Eyes mostly behaved themselves, but I still have some irritation of the allergy sort that I'm not entirely past. Good fun! I was shooting 25gram reloads of new #8.5 shot.

According to NOAA it was 88 wind SE 18 G 32 at midnight w/heat index of 93 & RH 61%. We've had a couple of light showers since 9P when I took a 3 hr. nap. Jack has been outside for a quick patrol. Me too, briefly. Can't tell its even rained, but NWS says it did. It remains muggy out.

Thinking to fix a libation and read a while into the night. Feeling half spry, for an old dog. Can feel or at least sense cooler weather is afoot as the hot/cold skirmishes & confrontations take place. Right now, the HOT is winning, but it usually does in September.
Good Job Wook on the Beretta 81. If you find magazines at a decent price, let me know. I've seen four of them, and they all look amazing.

More clean up out front is on my agenda today.

Re: The Colt bashing thread.
It amazes me how people who profess to be firearm affectionatoes will trash a manufacturer's reputation, with out knowing any of the facts.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 09-21-2019, 09:08 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Maybe its tofu 'ice cream'.

Old 09-21-2019, 09:11 AM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post
Weird day yesterday w/some rain sputters and quasi extreme temps, hitting 96 ambient & heat indices of a hunnert during the afternoon w/rain like RH levels, but no rain of any consequence and very windy S 19 G 28. Had every intention of taking a nap when my FFL calls that the Beretta model 81 I'd ordered [thanks, Sails!] had come in. That was at 3P, so decided whine not & departed in ugly afternoon traffic to go & pick it up, getting there around 4P. I'd pd. a slight premium for 'hand select' & got a brand new one that has no indication of having even been fired! It does have a couple of very tiny marks, more 'dinks' really, less than pin head size on its alloy frame's edges and a 'smudge' on the opening serrations of the steel slide, but otherwise its as new.

< snippage! >
Mine is here as well - should be seeing it today sometime, but it's not allowed out of jail till Monday.. Didn't pay the $10, so we'll see.

I don't mind a rough-looking gun as long as it shoots. Time will tell.

Old 09-21-2019, 09:13 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmjr1 View Post
Do you have a Walther sticker on your tailgate?

Yes sir. Still looking for Wings and Packers stickers locally.
It amazes me how people who profess to be firearm affectionatoes will trash a manufacturer's reputation, with out knowing any of the facts.
We dunt knead no steenkin fax for a riot in the streets lynching!
Old 09-21-2019, 09:21 AM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Beautiful morning. Warmer today. Off to judge bar-b-q. Plates of bar-b-q to taste. You don't eat a lot of each or you will not make it through. Save the plates and eat later.

Later.
Old 09-21-2019, 09:35 AM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmjr1 View Post
< snip! >

I wonder how many of them actually own, or were planning on owning, a Colt in the first place...

Old 09-21-2019, 09:46 AM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
I wonder how many of them actually own, or were planning on owning, a Colt in the first place...
I'm just sorting groups.
Old 09-21-2019, 09:51 AM
wookness
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Still 78 & 82% RH, but Clouds now moving NE; they can't seem to make their minds up.. like some driver's I observed yesterday and winds have switched to SE 13. Its breezy and more so at higher elevations.

Will do on the model 81 magazines, Don. I'm looking as well, but no big hurry. No place to shoot it just now anyway, but soon I hope.

Also hope that yours proves to be a good shooter and in at least very good condition, sails. I had the distinct impression that there were no runts in the shipment they received. I'm quite pleased w/the one they sent me; its much better than I expected, but I did pay an extra $25 above the base price quoted for them to select a nice example from whot they had in stock. I have no ID if they select the better ones up front or.. but expect that may well be the case.

Fast turning into a lazy morning now that I have the morning chores tended to, so may go & worry some powder pigeons in the winds for a bit & return to become a mid day slug. Will grill a T-bone later. That's the plan anyway.
Old 09-21-2019, 10:30 AM
62Ranger13
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
As I believe we all enjoy them Sophia.
I enjoy them.

Some days I feel like it's all I can do to read every post here. Let alone try to respond to the highs and lows and everything in between. But I pray for you, laugh with you and commiserate with you (az's luck comes to mind) as we journey through this life.
Old 09-21-2019, 11:00 AM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
I'm just sorting groups.

Old 09-21-2019, 11:32 AM
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)

Going to Ft. Lewis, commissary shopping...

It's been 2 months since we've been last.

Late last night I ordered another camera, a mirrorless DSLR, two lenses also.
This will be our 6th working digital camera, the first mirrorless.
CZ-itis over a camera?

Life is good!

Lizard People; Vietnam Vet; NRA Life Member; NRA Distinguished Expert Rifle; NRA Instructor Pistol
Old 09-21-2019, 11:47 AM
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Howdy all!

Good news on your bro Brent!

So sad about the officers Don. These attacks on the PD are madness!

Lots of changes going on here.

I did my first full day subbing for a fourth grade class on Thursday. We all managed to survive the day. They got most of their assigned work done despite not behaving very well for me. One kid had a tooth fall out. No, I didn't knock it out!

I will be leaving the car transport/delivery business, and taking a job delivering HVAC and plumbing supplies to job sites. The new job has guaranteed hours at a higher rate of pay. Part time three days per week. I will continue to do the substitute teaching gig on the other two days.

I will be talking to the owner of the new company on Monday to work out the details.

It is a beautiful sunny day, and I am packing up to go to the beach. I am looking forward to a nice relaxing afternoon doing some contemplation and reading. Of course, I will be on bikini watch as well!

Y'all have a great day!

R
Old 09-21-2019, 11:51 AM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
I will be leaving the car transport/delivery business, and taking a job delivering HVAC and plumbing supplies to job sites. The new job has guaranteed hours at a higher rate of pay.
Old 09-21-2019, 12:09 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
I listened to your signature that is a trip.
Closed Thread