Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2019, 08:17 PM
Blackwolfe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)

Brent, great news about Kent.

Been busy today, will catch up much later. Shower and supper await.

Last edited by Blackwolfe; 09-22-2019 at 02:27 AM.
Old 09-20-2019, 08:21 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Blackwolfe spell check failure again.
Old 09-20-2019, 08:23 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good range reports TD, Hawkeye.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atonic View Post
All, have you ever used propanolol?
Been using quite a few years actually. Recently I was cut down to one in the a.m. and Primidone increased to 3 per day. The Propranolol was reduced because my BP was 45 at rest, bit low.
However the Primidone make me drowsy especially after meals and/or if my sleep isn't close to satisfactory.

Better?

Fruit flies are getting thicker in the garage so its time to call the albino feeding ret UPS guy.

Gonna be a real humid 77˚ tomorrow.

Last edited by Al the Infidel; 09-20-2019 at 08:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2019, 08:31 PM
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I posted this the other day, title of the post "One question"

Quote:
Originally Posted by COW 54 View Post
I'm pondering buying a Panasonic Micro Four Thirds, are they compatible with other Four Third lenses.

In short, I'd be buying a Panasonic body and Olympus or Nikon lenses.

Will they work together?

Thanks to the guys in the photography forum I got my answer promptly. (yes to the Olympus, no to the Nikon)

Lizard People; Vietnam Vet; NRA Life Member; NRA Distinguished Expert Rifle; NRA Instructor Pistol

Last edited by COW 54; 09-20-2019 at 08:45 PM.
Old 09-20-2019, 08:49 PM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
More along the lines of the new approach to writing headlines. Back in the olde days, you know -- about three years ago -- headlines were meant to encapsulate the gist of the story. The idea was to give the reader enough info to know what the story was with the following text filling in the details should the reader be interested. Then along came the idea of click-bait.

Nowadays headlines are meant to pique the reader's curiosity, causing him to click into the story. That generates revenue for the site.

In the olde days the headline might read "Aerobic Exercise is Proven to Help Prevent Memory Loss." The article that followed would have the details of the study, etc. Nowadays the headline reads "This One Exercise Can Improve Your Memory."

"This One Resort is Rated Top by All Travel Sites" vs "Bahamas is Still the Most Popular Vacation Site."

Etc.

Or, on RFC it might be "Quick Question" or "Is This Common" or "Does Anybody Else...." with nothing in that blank or, we can't overlook, "Just Read This." I'm guessing the intent is to increase the number of people who will actually view the post instead of those who would skip by something like "Question about 22/45 triggers" or "Main Spring Broke -- Common Problem?" or "Does Anybody Else Shoot Stingers in Their Anschutz" or "Colt to Stop Making Rifles for the Civilian Market."

Don't get me started on the new breed of trolls.
But, but, but, I thought RFC got $$ every time someone clicked on my threads.
Old 09-20-2019, 10:01 PM
62Ranger13
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That is great news, Brent!
Old 09-20-2019, 10:16 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Eagles View Post
How do you do hot donuts with ice cream inside?
Soft-serve injected at point-of-sale is my guess.
Old 09-20-2019, 10:17 PM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Getting a mole almost every day; time for the molenator.
Old 09-20-2019, 10:32 PM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Price went up TD.
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...1&d=1569033115
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Q5_Checkered_BlueBlack-01__22219.1568667634.jpg (218.6 KB, 14 views)
Old 09-20-2019, 10:46 PM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
More DVR'd shows. Catching up. Big bar-b-q cook off tomorrow AM.

Wifey got call from one of her former co-workers [USDA] from the DC area [VA]. "We want to get together for dinner." Wifey immediately invites them to spend the night. We have guests tomorrow night.

Sophia, history lessons??? I have learned a lot from your history in photos. Thanks.

Goodnight Al, Sophia, Rhody, Don, mdew, wook, Blackwolfe, Alum, GF, Sail, TD, Szumi, Atonic, Ranger, COW, Splatz, Wayne, M92, dlong, 404, JDWin, Hawkeye, GP, Mike, Brent, Phil, IHMS, Rock, jnyork, Gerald, Greggie, JV, Johnny, koonta, pans, Squirrel, 1917, RichJ, RonL, Carrij, arjay, CMR, rj, Rick, calibrian, LASTSHOT and all the rest.

Sleep tight
Old 09-20-2019, 10:54 PM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Eagles View Post

Sophia, history lessons??? I have learned a lot from your history in photos. Thanks.
As I believe we all enjoy them Sophia.
Old 09-20-2019, 11:23 PM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD1 View Post
You're worth it, right?
Izzat you Signalman? I see grips for other weapons on their site.
Old 09-21-2019, 02:38 AM
wookness
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Weird day yesterday w/some rain sputters and quasi extreme temps, hitting 96 ambient & heat indices of a hunnert during the afternoon w/rain like RH levels, but no rain of any consequence and very windy S 19 G 28. Had every intention of taking a nap when my FFL calls that the Beretta model 81 I'd ordered [thanks, Sails!] had come in. That was at 3P, so decided whine not & departed in ugly afternoon traffic to go & pick it up, getting there around 4P. I'd pd. a slight premium for 'hand select' & got a brand new one that has no indication of having even been fired! It does have a couple of very tiny marks, more 'dinks' really, less than pin head size on its alloy frame's edges and a 'smudge' on the opening serrations of the steel slide, but otherwise its as new.

And since the FFL I'm using these days is out past the GC I returned via the club where they were just finishing up a private fund raiser Sporty Clays tournament. Found that the winning squad was comprised of three friends of mine + one of theirs who was the corporate sponsor squad member. They broke 385/400! Later, our gal that coordinates shoots & events told me there were 71 shooters participating. Its a status deal on some of the shoots like that & you will have corp. sponsors who will go to great lengths to put together the best squad possible to try and win. I would not have had the stamina to have done the whole thing during the afternoon's heat. I think they started the shooting around noon after morning meetings and a catered BBQ lunch.

Whot I did was to shoot four boxes of regular skeet starting about 5:45 w/ some other members, as we waited for two other guys to get there after they got off work. The skies clouded up blue black w/threatening rain clouds about then and the aforementioned winds switched to SE 18 G 29. I broke 22, 20 [had three senior/mental moments], 23 & 22 for 87%! I felt pretty good doing that as the winds were playing havoc w/the targets and beat me on all the other misses I made. Eyes mostly behaved themselves, but I still have some irritation of the allergy sort that I'm not entirely past. Good fun! I was shooting 25gram reloads of new #8.5 shot.

According to NOAA it was 88 wind SE 18 G 32 at midnight w/heat index of 93 & RH 61%. We've had a couple of light showers since 9P when I took a 3 hr. nap. Jack has been outside for a quick patrol. Me too, briefly. Can't tell its even rained, but NWS says it did. It remains muggy out.

Thinking to fix a libation and read a while into the night. Feeling half spry, for an old dog. Can feel or at least sense cooler weather is afoot as the hot/cold skirmishes & confrontations take place. Right now, the HOT is winning, but it usually does in September.
Old 09-21-2019, 08:00 AM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD1 View Post
Really like my Stoner CNC grip panels on both my Ruger Mark I and Beretta 92 FS. Unfortunately didn't see anything for Walthers on that site.
I googled walther 'stuff' 1/2 arsedly and am a member of their site but that's winter's play. Now its get ready for winter and enjoy autumn time. Thats the trouble with 4 distinct seasons.

Good new firearm appraisal and range report Wook.

64˚ already
Old 09-21-2019, 08:35 AM
wookness
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Its cooled to 78 @ 7A, but RH is 82%. Wind S 10 G 20, mostly cloudy w/fast moving high elevation clouds moving SE. Only a slight chance of rain today, none tomorrow then back to slight chances thru much of the coming week w/highs in the 90's. Hey, at least its not going to be triple digit ambient. Will roll w/whot we get. No point in fretting about it. Will do limited yard werk while its cool. Bride says I got some sun yesterday; those UV's can be sneaky on cloudy days.

Have a call in to my internist about getting flu & pneumonia vaccines. Had to leave a mssg. He takes Fridays off to work w/children gratis on a three day weekend basis. Great guy, sporty clays shooter too, but his involvement w/the kids has slowed his participation down some from previous levels.

The sunless dawn has cracked, pot of fresh Joe is making. Drank the dregs from yesterday while Jack had his breakfast. Made me shudder like a wet dog. Ms. Daisy is sleeping in, but the aroma of fresh coffee may bring her around, or not. Best get a move on. Y'all have a great weekend & watch out for maroons! They are everywhere, anymore.
Closed Thread