Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 03:54 PM
Wayne Sihler
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Hey Al, My (wife) apple trees are blooming. They dropped their leaves weeks ago.What up with that ?

All the orchards around here are just starting to pick. And the trees still have their leaves.
Old 09-19-2019, 04:09 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Sihler View Post
Hey Al, My (wife) apple trees are blooming. They dropped their leaves weeks ago.What up with that ?

All the orchards around here are just starting to pick. And the trees still have their leaves.
My Jonathons are always early here and the other varieties still getting bigger and not red yet a-tall, if you don't count the wormy red ones on the ground/bucket.
Old 09-19-2019, 04:22 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My wife got an Instapot. She saw a recipe for apple cobbler, but she's afraid to use the pot. Its been sitting on the dining room table for 2 weeks now unused.
......Tom Petty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2019, 04:29 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlong View Post
My wife got an Instapot. She saw a recipe for apple cobbler, but she's afraid to use the pot. Its been sitting on the dining room table for 2 weeks now unused.
It is very safe nothing the old pressure cooker. My friend uses his almost every day. I want one but I am too cheap to buy one.
Old 09-19-2019, 06:27 PM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD1 View Post
So this Storm Area 51 event is scheduled for tomorrow, ie donut day. Could the person orignally calling for the event be held liable for anything unfortunate occurrences? Seems like it could turn into something parrallel to yelling "fire" in a crowded gathering.
Have you been practicing your Naruto run?

To respond to your query: I think potential participants have been warned by enough agencies, numerous times, that if they actually Naruto charge the base, and catch some high speed projectiles, they'll have no one to blame but their parents, for not raising them right.

Run on sentence over. Supper is ready.

Salad followed by pasguetti and meatballs.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 09-19-2019, 07:23 PM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD1 View Post
My Sister use to work at a research facility that was quasi invaded by protesters of that day. The protesters attempted to breach the facility via the scenic route. Sis told me the very well armed guards were in no rush to apprehend the invaders as their path was via and through an area were anti-personnel and anti-vehicles explosives were tested live and no telling what might still might out there. . Those were apprehended were held outside at the County fair grounds in the livestock area.....pew.
Sounds like a perfect terminus, for those who would be other than donut holes.
Old 09-19-2019, 07:44 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I've actually been looking into this.

If a large number were to Naruto run to the aliens at Area 51, they'd have to cover tens of miles of barren desert, occupied mostly by things that are prickly.

Then they'd meet the 'Camo Guys'. These are govt contract security that, you guessed it, dress in Camo.

These guys would employ various degrees of pain on the trespassers.

Up to, and including live fire.

I'd wager there is some kind of anti-drone weapon thingie. Not sure what that would look like?

The good news is that I doubt anyone would be so incredibly stupid.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 09-19-2019, 07:54 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
This is kinda interesting. I should get one for the next crawfish boil.

https://www.hgh-infrared.com/Applica...n-and-Tracking

Old 09-19-2019, 08:37 PM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Whot's hard to get past is why no one has come forward to save the mudbugs from being drowned by Imelda.. and then I wonder if the name itself wasn't some kinda shoe-in perpetrated by weather weasels, but I prolly should skirt that issue at a respectable length & go back to wondering if the taste of mud bugs changes significantly if they were drowned in a fresh water drench vs. an old ™Speed Queen wash tub filled w/crab boil, broken ears of corn, taters, unyawns & stirred w/a paddle that prolly was used prior, to get a gator's attention or keep a moccasin out of the pirogue.

As GF so astutely mentioned prior; no tellin' where some folks' taste comes from.

Last edited by wookness; 09-19-2019 at 08:43 PM.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:07 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Sihler View Post
It was a cool morning in the Valley.We are very dry and no rain in the forecast.

Out before breakfast to rotate tires on my Jeep and swap rear brake drums from the decomissioned 98 to my 98. My 98 XJ has had a thumping in the rear brakes since the new drums were put on. Even had those drums turned and the problem was still there. No problems on the 20 miles so far. my back hurts.
I did a brake job on my grandmother's Ford Taurus and had the drums turned. After that the rears always clunked so my dad and I removed them bolted them on backwards, checked the braking surface with a dial indicator and they were way out of round. We returned them to the parts house and bought a new set and the clunking went away.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:22 PM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M92pv4u View Post
I did a brake job on my grandmother's Ford Taurus and had the drums turned. After that the rears always clunked so my dad and I removed them bolted them on backwards, checked the braking surface with a dial indicator and they were way out of round. We returned them to the parts house and bought a new set and the clunking went away.
Using 'chinery from former times correctly is fast becoming a lost art. The times, they are a 'changing.. and it isn't always for the better. OTOH, I can well remember trying to remove the brake drum on a '41 Ford Club Coupe when a yute and leaving a large pacific puller on it under all the tension I could muster.. and then later in the night hearing a VERY loud bang that woke the 'rents. It had finally let go, but was on that taper.. like a barnacle.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:55 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post
Whot's hard to get past is why no one has come forward to save the mudbugs from being drowned by Imelda.. and then I wonder if the name itself wasn't some kinda shoe-in perpetrated by weather weasels, but I prolly should skirt that issue at a respectable length & go back to wondering if the taste of mud bugs changes significantly if they were drowned in a fresh water drench vs. an old ™Speed Queen wash tub filled w/crab boil, broken ears of corn, taters, unyawns & stirred w/a paddle that prolly was used prior, to get a gator's attention or keep a moccasin out of the pirogue.

As GF so astutely mentioned prior; no tellin' where some folks' taste comes from.
I don't think the crawfish are going to mind the rain. Not at all.

Old 09-19-2019, 09:59 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Dragnet with Hanks and now Tango & Cash

Congrats Rhody
Old 09-19-2019, 10:00 PM
Wayne Sihler

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M92pv4u View Post
The ones that clunked were the best quality parts from a top name USA supplier. They were turned also still had a clunk. I just swapped with a known good set on the wife old Jeep.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:29 PM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Home from the Mexican b'day party. Then visited SisterIL's. Now relaxing. Chilly 58 degrees and low humidity.

All these apples and I have none. Squirrels ate mine when they were tiny.

Go ahead and do this so I can watched DVR'd Mayans MC. [my dark side]

Goodnight Al, Sophia, Rhody, Don, mdew, wook, Blackwolfe, Alum, GF, Sail, TD, Szumi, Wayne, M92, Splatz, dlong, 404, JDWin, Hawkeye, Atonic, Ranger, GP, Mike, Brent, Phil, IHMS, Rock, COW, jnyork, Gerald, Greggie, JV, Johnny, koonta, pans, Squirrel, 1917, RichJ, RonL, Carrij, arjay, CMR, rj, Rick, calibrian, LASTSHOT and all the rest.

Sleep tight