Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

21a Bobcat back in full production

11K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  10X1958 
#1 ·
I foolishly sold my 21a bobcat a few years back knowing production had been discontinued. Regret set in immediately.[emoji20]

I recently learned from Beretta that the little pistol was only temporarily discontinued for mfg relocation and retooling. These are beginning to show up on dealer shelves again.

Got myself the Inox version this time and am rediscovering the joy of shooting it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

See less See more
#12 ·
CCI velociters are carried in my Bobcat BUG.
Mini Mags work well for practice along with the Interceptor round from Aguila.
Seems my Bobcat is less picky with ammo used the more I shoot it.
I believe a dirty chamber ( after several fired magazine ) causes most if not all
my stoppages.:bthumb:

:F

#13 ·
I have an older Bobcat which I like but the tiny front sight has always been problematic. I tried putting a bit of orange paint on it, but the sight being so thin, it didn't adhere well to it.

The OPs photo of his late model Bobcat shows a much thicker sight that looks like it would provide a improved sight picture, and perhaps be able to hold a coat of florescent paint.

If this is standard on the new production, I may need to keep an eye out for one.

#14 ·
Love my Inox

I have a Inox 22lr that I purchesed 10 years ago used. Always liked it. Added Crimson Trace laser grips. Perfect additiom. I can put 7 rounds on target in seconds with the laser. Not so much without it. Tested many types of ammo. Can be very picky resultimg in fte's and ftf's. Likes high velocity. I have settle on Blazers. Best reliability. Also likes Stingers but not as reliable as Blazers.

#15 ·
Guys,

How do you load a M21A? This is a .25ACP, older model. Is the barrel tipped and a round loaded first, then closed w/ a magazine in place then?

Just wondering. I have never held one prior. From what I've read on here, they are a decent little pistol.

Thanks!

Brittman
:confused:

#18 ·
I'm pleased to see the21A handles CCI mini Mags well..they are also a good pick for reliability.
I used to own a Phoenix, and believe it or not..it was a good gun, but firing anything above standard speeds, will eventually reward you with a broken slide.

The only .22 handgun I have now, is an American Arms CX 22 (a PPK copy).

Rest are S&W, Glock and Ruger.. Putting a Laser sight on mu Ruger LCP gives me a lot more confidence. It shoots where the dot is at.

#22 ·
I was preparing to have a jammer on my hands but I was pleasantly surprised. I had a .25acp version decades ago and it was completely reliable but I didn't reload the round and it seemed expensive to plink with so I got rid of it and always thought a .22 would be a good alternative. Keeping my fingers crossed that this one stays reliable.

#24 ·
I've had an Inox for several years that's been dandy ... eats Blazers, MiniMags and Stingers just fine.
It does however, prefer to be fed 6 + 1 rather than 7+ 1, so that's the way I feed it.
Saw a dealer here in west central Indiana this past weekend had two NIB Inox at $359 each.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.