Pistol scope advice? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-04-2020, 06:58 AM
RugerRifle_1022
US Army Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Lightbulb the word “value” is not always a euphemism for “junk”

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHMSA80x80 View Post
Looks like a lot of junk there.
Low Budget or value-priced does not always mean its junk I've seen some high dollar big-name junk also. read the reviews and try it you may or may not like it.
Old 08-04-2020, 07:02 AM
RugerRifle_1022
US Army Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Lightbulb OUCH NOT ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'ol shooter View Post

I like this set-up with a rifle scope, would try it if I ever wanted to get down low with mine.
I don't think that set up will work very well, I can feel the cut on my eyebrow now just looking at it .OUCH
Old 08-04-2020, 08:10 AM
Jammer22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RugerRifle_1022 View Post
Low Budget or value-priced does not always mean its junk I've seen some high dollar big-name junk also. read the reviews and try it you may or may not like it.
Thing is, that site you linked to isn't a review site, it's whats called marketing. by writing a 'review' which is nothing more than a re hash of the companies description of the item and then profiting from the sale of said product you loose all credibility. Sorta like stealing an article from another forum (Ruger) and posting it here as your own.

Anyone can make a bad product, difference is Leupold will stand behind their product and has since day one. Can they chinese junk (that's a boat btw not a comment on chinese junk) say the same?

ISHUNTING © 2020 - isHunting is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com or other Amazon stores.

isHunting.com is also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com or Amazon stores on other countries. Pages on this site may include affiliate links to Amazon and its affiliate sites on which the owner of this website will make a referral commission.

Last edited by Jammer22; 08-04-2020 at 08:13 AM.
Old 08-04-2020, 08:21 AM
RC4600

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My 2 favorite Pistol Scopes

I like these enough to recommend:
Charger has a Tasco Pro Class 6X AO 30mm tube cross hair/dot target scope.
Out of production but you can usually find a like new one on ebay or gunbroker,
AR 223 Pistol has a Bushnell 2-6 Trophy XLT 30mm tube duplex scope.
Great scope also out of production - find at same sources.
The older Tasco Japan has great glass. Both are true pistol scopes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0008.jpg (510.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg charger scope.jpg (490.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0001.jpg (515.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0003.jpg (511.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-04-2020, 08:23 AM
flangster

TPC Rating: 
100% (34)
I think what you use will depend on how you want to shoot. If you plan on shooting off-hand in a "triangular" two-handed stance, then you want a true pistol scope with eye relief of 20 inches or so. I can't hold more than about a 4x scope steady (too much wobble) so that's where I top out (actually, 2x is better for me). This is what I do with a scoped Ruger Mk II or my GP100 in .22 LR. Maybe you could go higher if you were resting your forearms on a sandbag while sitting. Leupold make a nice fixed 2x pistol scope. Simmonds makes a reasonably priced variable that has worked for me.

If you are shooting from a bench, like with a Contender on a bipod or an Exemplar on a front rest, then you are using a different stance -- like a seated clamshell hold -- and your relationship with the scope is more like that with a rifle. Eye relief is going to be more like three to four inches and there are a lot of good choices there in the 3-7x or 3-9x range.
Old 08-04-2020, 09:17 AM
sweetmk
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
I don't think that set up will work very well, I can feel the cut on my eyebrow now just looking at it .OUCH
I worked as an assistant at a gas/service station in 1967,, the main mechanic was as reliable as an atomic clock,, he was ALWAYS there,,

Well one morning, he did not show up, no call,, no nothing,,

He came in after lunch,, with a BUNCH of stitches above his eye,,

I had never heard of a single action Ruger 44 Magnum revolver,, but, he owned one.

Yep, he installed a scope on it that morning before work, stepped out of his house, and fired one round,,

He said he never even dreamed that the revolver could recoil that far, or with that much force,,,
The scope came off the revolver, and he went back to open sight shooting,,
Old 08-04-2020, 11:31 AM
CraigC
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I'd look for one of the older Burris 3-12's.
Old 08-04-2020, 12:46 PM
IHMSA80x80
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
I don't need you to tell what to read or try.

≡✪≡
Old 08-04-2020, 03:14 PM
'ol shooter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (131)
Quote:
Bitten by a .204, are you serious?