175 LBS BOAR Killed with a .22 Lr shot to the head - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-01-2020, 04:50 PM
Roadrat
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
92% (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Powell View Post
Heckuva job. Our state in its infinite wisdom has protected the wild hog cept during deer season.
Someone is getting PAID to sell hunting licenses for Wild Hogs............

These critters NEED to be removed from the country!!
Old 08-01-2020, 09:15 PM
mals9
Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I have read Missouri believes that trapping as many in the sounder at once is the most effective meas of eradication. The article stated that hunting will disperse the sounder causing their range to increase.

Mals
Old 08-02-2020, 05:35 AM
RugerRifle_1022
US Army Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Post I will keep stacking them up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB in SC View Post
Keep killing everyone you see. I heard there was a guy that had put up catch pens below Hartwell Dam some years ago, he was trying to get them out of his hunting property.
I know some guys that do that they can catch as many as 30 live hogs in a trap called a boar buster it's operated from a cell phone with a mounted motion sensor and night vision and cell phone activated drop mechanism they cost about 4 grand but they are worth every penny . Hogs will kill and eat a baby deer and they destroy the habitat by eating all the berries and nuts deer eat.
Old 08-02-2020, 05:47 AM
RugerRifle_1022
US Army Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZO View Post
nice shooting. not to get off topic, but you eat these? how do they taste?

ive read you need to be careful in how you process em due to disease and whatnot. Also read that they taste great just like store bought pork. but ive personally never shot one or even seen a feral pig in wild.
Yes, they carry disease but so do domestic pigs, yes they taste ok if they are 200 pounds or less the male boar tastes like he smells small pigs taste like pork from the store. I wear rubber gloves when field dressing and processing raw pork meat it must be cooked well to destroy and of the blood born disease. In one year I donated 1,700 pounds of processed and packaged pork meat to the needy in my area thru a church food bank.The Large boars become food for coyotes and buzzards I have a special place I put them , it has a ladder stand near by at 60 yards to sit and kill coyotes, the smell of rotten pigs is a good cover secent and I have killed more than 60 coyotes and I leave them where they fall and they keep comming to eat according to my game trail camera.
Old 08-02-2020, 05:53 AM
RugerRifle_1022

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just get paid to kill them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadrat View Post
Someone is getting PAID to sell hunting licenses for Wild Hogs............

These critters NEED to be removed from the country!!
Not me I only get paid to kill them and remove them. I will take people with me on night hunts where I have ladder stands and feed stations set up so they can get a Hog. But I don't charge anything for that only they must sign a release of liability document for me and the landowner.
Old 08-02-2020, 06:03 AM
RugerRifle_1022

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Smile You are Right !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mals9 View Post
I have read Missouri believes that trapping as many in the sounder at once is the most effective meas of eradication. The article stated that hunting will disperse the sounder causing their range to increase.

Mals
100% CORRECT the most effective way is the boar buster drop trap its activated by cell phone. You can catch the entire sounder at once. Some states allow transport of live feral hogs to farms with pens they are treated by a Vet and given medications and kept in pens and fed well boars are castrated and in about 8 to 10 weeks they are slaughtered and are government inspected and become USDA PORK THE OTHER WHITE MEAT! But in my state to transport them they must be dead. I would be a rich man if it were not for that law.
Old 08-02-2020, 06:18 AM
RugerRifle_1022

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
250 pound Boar caught

Well this is the Hog I caught Saturday, Aug 1, 2020

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-02-2020, 08:31 AM
RugerRifle_1022

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hogs are in Northern NC and have been for sometime

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasttombstone View Post
Keep mowing them down Rugerrifle. I don't want any moving up into northern NC. I had the opportunity to hunt hogs in SC a number of years ago and got 2. Finished filling the freezer up. Better pork than what you get at the grocery store. Just like any other meat. Proper cleaning, storing and cooking is the key.
Feral Hogs & Russian Boar Hybrids are in Northern NC and have been for some time they are now as far north as NY State & Canada.
Old 08-02-2020, 08:40 AM
RugerRifle_1022

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Smile Always carry a side arm when fishing or walking in the woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB in SC View Post
Iíve had one run me up a tree years ago when trout fishing a remote stream in SMNP.
I have been run up my ladder stand deer hunting it was dark and I hear crashing thru the brush and I ran for the ladder went up 5 steps turned around drew my pistol with a flashlight mounted on it and low a behold a 300-pound sow tried to get me I shot her in the head with a 9mm 124-grain gold dot +P between the eyes DROPPED HER LIKE A STONE needless to say after that Deer Hunting was finished for that day.
Old 08-02-2020, 08:43 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Yeah, I went on a guided boar hunt with dogs in the NC mountains back in the 80s. Watched a big boar someone had penned up chewing hickory nuts like they were popcorn. Give me a holler this winter when you are expecting to kill a couple and I"ll drive down and save you the cleaning.
Old 08-02-2020, 08:43 AM
RugerRifle_1022

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Smile BACON ON TOP OF BACON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadrat View Post
Bacon??
All you can eat Bacon and its lean not as greasy as domestic pork
Old 08-02-2020, 09:42 AM
Ferox34
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I like the way they.....

...are tired from a day's hunting and take a nap in the bed of your truck on the way home. The good eating feral ones are the smaller, teenagers as I understand it

Hunting for "wild bacon on the hoof"!!!
Old 08-02-2020, 05:34 PM
bucko
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Some folks don't realize just what they are dealing with when they walk up on a bunch of feral hogs. They might run away and they might not. Been around them all of my life. They will eat anything they can overpower and that includes a person. That is not speculation but a fact! Keep up the good work and I too will use a 22.
Old 08-02-2020, 07:52 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
No pigs here in upper Yooperland until they learn how to wear snowshoes.
Old 08-02-2020, 08:12 PM
Bradical
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Seeing them in the back of your pickup truck really brings the scale of these beasts into perspective.