Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-24-2020, 07:49 PM
usmc69
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
U.S. Remington 513T Bolt S/N

Been a while since I gave my guns a good scrubbing. So with all the down time caused by CV, I thought I would. While cleaning the bolt on my U.S.PROPERTY Remington 513T, I found two serial numbers that were electro-penciled on the bolt. Of course, the numbers were different from each other. But one actually matched the S/N on the bottom side of the barrel. How many others have this on their 513T's? I was just wondering if it was common or uncommon.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:27 PM
PAshutr
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My 513T has a serial number EPd on the bolt as well. The one on my bolt does not match the barrel serial number. I would guess that some armory EPd the bolts at some point while in US Service but don't know for sure.

I figured my bolt was mixed up at some point in service or possibly was replaced due to parts breakage at some point in it's history. Either way it shoots great so I don't sweat the mismatched bolt much.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:59 PM
usmc69
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Thanks for the reply. Was beginning to think I was the only one with an EP'd bolt. You are probably correct it was a local thing wherever the rifles were,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2020, 05:29 AM
schutzen-jager
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (21)
numbers were put on bolts by several different arsenals during repairs + rebuilds - when the DCM was selling bolts for parts @ $10.00 each about 20% had the numbers on them - - all of the 513's i have examined with mismatched numbers have been on parts guns put together by individuals when 513 parts were cheap + very available - if bolts were installed at GI facility the numbers would be matched to either serial number or property number -