Hey Bill you know that Quality does out shine accuracy ,
accuracy & quality is a real joy .

thnkz man..
Old 11-27-2021, 07:00 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnight755 View Post
I am looking for suggestions and or input on Lilja barrels for the 457 CZ in 17 hmr. I have a SCAR trigger on the way and I am thinking about a synthetic stock, but the next immediate purchase that I have on the slate is a Lilja barrel. Can anyone shed any light on optimum length, twist rate, profile... and anything else that will make it a real shooter. Also, if you have had any experience (good or bad) please comment. If it was you personally or just a buddy, please comment. Thanks for any input, BK
JUST got back from testing my newly build CZ 457 with a .17 HMR Lilja in XRS chassis…

Others may have already covered the options - also on the website- but basically you can only choose the profile-varmint taper or straight .900 bull, both 21”, SS.

Mine KILLED IT with A17 - under .30 average for 6 5-shot groups at 50 yds - FIRST time with the rifle. 2 groups were .19.
Did ok with Hornady 17 Vmax, too, 5 8-shot groups averaging in the mid 4s - shot those first, so it’s possible that the rifle benefited from fouling shots and/or whatever little break-in took place.

Not my first great Lilja barrel - the other ones are 22lr for CZ, 77/22, and 10/22 - HIGHLY recommend them. And despite all the sandbagging by Dan/Carson about it not having a match chamber, the stamp does say "match", and it performs like it.

Last edited by ZMan57; 11-27-2021 at 11:01 PM.
Old 11-27-2021, 07:42 PM
Surefire
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have a CZ455 with the Lilja bull barrel that I bought 4 or 5 years ago. I recall it was I think the first run of the 455 bull barrels Lilja did for the 455s. Shoots p-dogs out to 225 yds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old Yesterday, 06:44 PM
az224
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Get the Lilja barrel, you will be glad you did. My 455 was a mediocre shooter and very hard to clean, I put a Lilja drop in barrel on it, (varmint), and the groups shrank by way more than half, the original barrel was good on average for about an inch and a quarter at 100 yards, the Lilja barrel is good for half an inch or less, and . . . it cleans up very, very easily. It's money well spent.