Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

H&R .22 Rifle Parts Compatibility

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  thtwit 
#1 ·
I've been lurking for a while, but finally thought I'd post!

I recently picked up most of an H&R 852 Fieldsman, and have been trying to hunt down a bolt for it. However, I can't for the life of me find a complete 852 bolt for sale online.

I've done some digging, and it looks like the 852 Fieldsman was of a feather with with the 765 Pioneer and 865 Plainsman, and these models shared some parts. Fortunately, bolts for the latter two models are much easier to find.

My question is, does anyone have any idea if these bolts (or any parts from these bolts) are interchangeable? Based off the pictures on Numrich, the bolts to the 852 Fieldsman and 865 Plainsman look identical, down to the extractors and the slot on the top. The 765 Pioneer looks a bit different (it's not fully cutaway on the bottom), but the bolt cocking cam assembly looks awfully similar to that of the other two, and perhaps I could use it on an 852 'bolt, front' from Numrich.

Sorry if this is a silly question; I know most gun parts like this aren't interchangeable. I would love to get this rifle up and running again, even if I have to Frankenstein a bolt together.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.