FINDING THE RIGHT AMMUNITION - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-03-2020, 10:01 AM
ILIKE1022

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

All I know is it shoots in any precision barrel.
Old 07-03-2020, 02:48 PM
BirdieBirdie

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Njjr sir - +1 on what jaia says in post 17. One bullet at one dot shooting for a card score is so much more fun, challenging and rewarding than trying to dig a small hole out of paper. And whats really fun - is to see thru the scope when you squeeze off that round and blow that x dot out after you have just read and held off correctly, for the wind you have just shot thru ! :-). I personally enjoy trying to out best myself on ABRA and/or USBR targets. The ABRA targets have plenty of sighter targets off to the side also. Easy to see target as well. Anyways, I hope you well and lots of fun shooting. Sincerely, birdie.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:52 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
I agree that it is more fun shooting a target as opposed to groups. But shooting groups is a better way to see how consistently accurate the ammo that your shooting is.
Old 07-03-2020, 10:34 PM
BirdieBirdie

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
i totally agree there Nick.
Old 07-03-2020, 10:46 PM
jaia
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I don't. But then I'm a bit more OCD than most.
Shooting groups allows bad results to look good.
You don't have to hit where you aim.
Group location shifts depending on wind and cartridge variations.
MV spread gets hidden as groups move relative to aim point.
Old Yesterday, 07:31 AM
JimSC
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
wan't there a old candy bar commercial where the premise was why choose 1 when you can have both. My latest practice session I did a couple of dot drills at 25 yards with my 452 and and 10 shot groups on a printed out copy of the NRA A23 target at 50 yards. It's pretty easy with a 20+ power scope but makes you feel good and makes you aim for the center
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 50 yard 4 teb shot groups.jpg (458.2 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by JimSC; Yesterday at 07:35 AM.
Old Yesterday, 07:41 AM
ILIKE1022

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
I agree that it is more fun shooting a target as opposed to groups. But shooting groups is a better way to see how consistently accurate the ammo that your shooting is.
Well said.
Old Yesterday, 01:50 PM
Njjr
National Guard Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
When I shoot, after finding the right load for a given rifle, I like to shoot groups and dots. I will generally put both types of targets up. I have also used superglue to place a playing card on it's edge and split it right down the middle. I can do that two out of three times with my 6mm PPC, but that's really not much of a challenge for that rifle. I imagine it will be a little more of a challenge with this rifle. But if I can hit the dot, then I can split the card. Of course I use the best front rest and rear bags suited for each rifle. Helps a lot but the cost is high.