Martini MK11 trigger adjustment - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-15-2015, 10:27 AM
vahena
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Martini MK11 trigger adjustment

i am a newly acquired Martini MK 11, owner, and I would like to know how to adjust the trigger. do I turn the T screw in or out to lighten, also the other screw, I think is E to take the slag out of the trigger, in or out. I cannot seem to upload any pics for some reason or another, but I was able to upload pics in the, Show us your Martini thread pg 7 at the bottom if anyone would like to see it also some target pics.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Rob
Old 09-15-2015, 10:40 AM
Mac-man
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The MKIII trigger is the same as the MKII.

Adjustment of the trigger Before Leaving the factory the trigger is set to a pull-off weight of just over 3 lb., but provision is made and an Allen key provided to carry out subsequent adjustment. It is not necessary to remove the action.

Two Allen screws are located in the front of the trigger guard and locked in position by two locking screws, one on each side of the guard. To lighten the trigger pull slacken the screw which locks the adjusting screw marked "T" with the Allen key provided. Turn the screw "T" in an counter clockwise direction until the desired weight is achieved. Re-lock the adjusting screw and re-test the trigger weight. If the trigger weight is to be increased the above procedure should be followed, but the adjusting screw "T" turned in a clockwise direction. A minimum trigger weight of less than 1/2 lb., can be obtained. It should be remembered, however, that where a very light trigger weight is being used the rifle must be handled with care and the cocking lever closed gently.

The unmarked screw in the guard controls the backlash (the amount of trigger movement after the release). To decrease backlash first cock the rifle and then unlock the screw and turn it in a clockwise direction. This should be done 1/8 of a turn at a time, testing after each movement to ensure that the trigger will release. After the adjustment the locking screw must be retightened and the let-off retested.

DO NOT attempt under any circumstances to oilstone the sear engagement faces. Great care has been exercised at the factory to produce correct sear engagement. Hand stoning will upset the precision with which these components have been manufactured. This may produce an inconsistent let-off and, where a light trigger let-off is being used, could cause premature firing.

Last edited by Mac-man; 09-15-2015 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-15-2015, 11:48 AM
vahena

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thank you Macman, as I understand it, counter clock wise lightens the trigger and clockwise increases the weight of the trigger. Is that correct?
Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2015, 11:56 AM
rapidfire10ring
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vahena View Post
Thank you Macman, as I understand it, counter clock wise lightens the trigger and clockwise increases the weight of the trigger. Is that correct?
Rob

That is correct....however make CERTAIN you losten the locking screws on the side of each adjustment screw BEFORE adjusting. Tighten them down just a bit after the adjustment.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:00 PM
rapidfire10ring

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
i am a newly acquired Martini MK 11, owner, and I would like to know how to adjust the trigger. do I turn the T screw in or out to lighten, also the other screw, I think is E to take the slag out of the trigger, in or out. I cannot seem to upload any pics for some reason or another, but I was able to upload pics in the, Show us your Martini thread pg 7 at the bottom if anyone would like to see it also some target pics.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Rob
Rob; There is a specific "sticky" instruction on how to upload photos. Its easy and a Imgur account is free. Any photos you have on your digital camera that can be downloaded on a computer will work in Imgur and also almost any picture off the net can be saved in Imgur. I had to edit this old thread because PHOTOBUCKET doesn't allow for what is called "hosting" of photos which would land themselves in forums such as this.

Last edited by rapidfire10ring; 07-01-2020 at 01:49 PM.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:15 PM
vahena

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thank you rapidfire,
I have adjusted the trigger and retighten the small side set screws, I will look for the stickie and try and upload some photos.
Thanks Guys
Rob
Old 09-15-2015, 01:23 PM
rapidfire10ring

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Thank you rapidfire,
I have adjusted the trigger and retighten the small side set screws, I will look for the stickie and try and upload some photos.
Thanks Guys
Rob

See here: https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=510506
Old 06-27-2020, 12:37 PM
W8LON

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Okay my bad, but this an excellent adjustment procedure that was easier than trying to find a manual to download. Thank you MacMan! My MKII trigger now matches that of my MK V.