Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-11-2019, 08:39 PM
grg
US Army Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)

Fly it looks like it's a little chili down there. Hit 12deg tonight, was 73 when we left Tulsa yesterday.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:00 PM
FlysAlot

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Burrr! 83 here

Pro Patria

Cives Arma Ferant

Cuiusque Devotio est Vis Regimenti
Old 11-12-2019, 03:30 PM
wrwindsor
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlysAlot View Post
For various and sundry reasons I bailed early. Like the 1,300 mile drive (one way)
Guy that I was helping out is from Ocala FL. He stops by a friend's place in Mississippi, though.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:23 PM
pump .22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Looking at the current temps, it's colder here than in Tulsa....

forecast for around 20 degrees tonight...unusually cold for this time of year.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:42 PM
tbates66

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I attended the show and, as always, had a great time. Found lots of interesting guns and would have purchased one or two had I not just bought a new car. In particular I found one of my bucket list guns, a Browning O/U 20 ga with 28" barrels, full/modified. The perfect combp for me and it was priced right at $2200. Sadly, I can't justify the expense at this point in my gun-buying life. Also found some CCI SV .22LR for the crazy low price of $20 per brick. I have lots of ammo so didn't buy it. Later I decided to buy it for friends, but it was already gone (sigh). Terrible shortage of reloadinfg components, which is weird. Past shows attracted no less than 4-5 majors vendors with tons of powder. I've seen whole pallets full of primers in the past. But, this show, very little. I left empty-handed except for one 30-round .223 mag and two liter bottles of Mexican vanilla for my wife...her request. Hopefully that will mean fresh-baked treats are in my future. What were your experiences like??
Old 11-13-2019, 09:06 AM
Sav22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I didn't buy much but I ran into some RFC members I'd met before and finally met a couple others for the first time, so it was a good show.
Old 11-13-2019, 09:47 AM
pump .22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I find it to be a very enjoyable experience overall. A large part of that of course is seeing all the firearms....many of which I may not see elsewhere. But an equally large part involves meeting and visiting with many of the fine folks I see there. People who don't care for guns or who are downright anti 2nd amendment seem to view the people who attend gun shows in the same light as some of the backwoods characters in the movie "Deliverance".....a bunch of sadistic, ignorant, gun-toting fanatics. But in my experience, by and large, as with the folks on RFC, gun show people are largely very friendly and knowledgeable folks. I feel much safer at a gun show than at most any other venue involving large numbers of people gathered together.

I did find a set of original lens caps for one of my Unertl scopes.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:54 AM
gewehrfreund
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pump .22s View Post
I find it to be a very enjoyable experience overall. A large part of that of course is seeing all the firearms....many of which I may not see elsewhere. But an equally large part involves meeting and visiting with many of the fine folks I see there. People who don't care for guns or who are downright anti 2nd amendment seem to view the people who attend gun shows in the same light as some of the backwoods characters in the movie "Deliverance".....a bunch of sadistic, ignorant, gun-toting fanatics. But in my experience, by and large, as with the folks on RFC, gun show people are largely very friendly and knowledgeable folks. I feel much safer at a gun show than at most any other venue involving large numbers of people gathered together.

I did find a set of original lens caps for one of my Unertl scopes.
Old 11-14-2019, 11:47 AM
gewehrfreund
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
Quote:
Originally Posted by grg View Post
I will be at 8B3 upstairs. My uncle has been going for 28 years and has only missed 3 shows do to family stuff.

Does anybody have something specific they are trying to find?

I will be looking for,
1. Remington Sportsman 58 in 16 or 20 gauge.
2. Anschutz 54 target rifle
3. Remington 540XR
5. International Harvester M1 Garand stock for a buddy

I'm kind of picky, the 58 will have to be in nice shape with good wood. I use to have a collection of the m and sold it, wish I had it back.
I also just look for other old Rimfires and 222 rifles seem to be a draw for me. I usually pick up several scopes while I'm there.
PM sent