Upgrading to VIP and PayPal - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-29-2019, 03:47 PM
JimCameron
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Upgrading to VIP and PayPal

I've tried all day to upgrade my forum membership by clicking on the PayPal button. After I'm sent to PP by the spinning ring, PP advises that something is wrong and to try again later. I've tried all day. Help
Old 10-01-2019, 10:41 AM
RFCTest
RFC Tech Support

RFC Tech Support
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
We've been waiting for Paypal to fix that for us for months. Afraid there isn't anything else we can do on our end to fix this

Kevin
Old 10-01-2019, 06:48 PM
StevieNH

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I went through the same frustrating round of failures as so many others have. Just for the heck of it, I tried changing from a 1 time payment to Recurring and it suddenly became happy to accept my money. Guess I'll be here a while...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2019, 02:20 PM
RFCTest
RFC Tech Support

RFC Tech Support
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I had forgotten that part. Thanks for the reminder

If you want to turn off "auto-renewal", if you go to your Paypal account and look under Subscriptions, you can do so there

Kevin
Old 10-02-2019, 06:20 PM
StevieNH

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFCTest View Post
I had forgotten that part. Thanks for the reminder

If you want to turn off "auto-renewal", if you go to your Paypal account and look under Subscriptions, you can do so there

Kevin
Good to know, but I'm in no rush to leave!

Thanks, Kevin.
Old 11-04-2019, 10:31 AM
lefty222
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
So you are saying that there is no other way to make a payment if you didn't already do so?

Lionel
Old 11-05-2019, 08:35 AM
Jammer22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty222 View Post
So you are saying that there is no other way to make a payment if you didn't already do so?

Lionel
You can make a payment via paypal only Additionally you must select the multiple year option. A single year won't work.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:31 PM
RFCTest
RFC Tech Support

RFC Tech Support
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:

Lionel
We use Paypal for security. It means that if you need to refund the purchase within 30 days there is security on your funds, and recourse you can take without needing to go back and forth 100 times with a bank or other untested third-party site. The information is also securely stored and worked through PayPal so we never see or touch any of the banking information, so you won't have to worry about us storing the banking information we have no access to. Paypal allows us to verify payment, and even set up a feature of recurring payment system, which you can all manage independently through Paypal themselves.

There aren't many other payment options that allow you this much security or guarantee, which is why we use it here.

-Gerrit
Old 11-05-2019, 07:19 PM
lefty222
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCameron View Post
I've tried all day to upgrade my forum membership by clicking on the PayPal button. After I'm sent to PP by the spinning ring, PP advises that something is wrong and to try again later. I've tried all day. Help
l'm haveing the same problem as JimCameron, get so far and it's telling me to try again later?
Old 11-12-2019, 07:38 AM
syfr
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I gave up trying to send Vertical Scope free money.

Paypal is really really really good at transacting money so I doubt the problem is at that end.

The support to all of Vertical Scopes forums (and there's a LOT of forums they've vacuumed up...800+ ) is minimal. Likewise, local volunteers have been left to take over moderation and other chores. This is a labor of love and done well.

It's a strange business model, but Toronto Star is a big company.

Thankfully , the local mods have kept this place going. We're the product in this business model...we provide the clicks and content and the traffic. If fixing Paypal such that donations are again possible is not important to the Toronto Star, then it's OK with me.

Again, thanks to the mods who keep this place going regardless!
Old 11-12-2019, 10:04 AM
StevieNH

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
l'm haveing the same problem as JimCameron, get so far and it's telling me to try again later?
See posts 2, 3 & 7 above.