Warranty information and help with short strike issue? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-09-2019, 07:00 PM
Varelse

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Warranty information and help with short strike issue?

Has anybody delt with Tippman warranty? I'm having an issue that may have a simple fix but I cant seem to get a hold of anybody at Tippman on the phone. I have left messages with no callback.

The issue I am having seems to be a short stroke problem. Probably 5 rounds per mag do not reset the hammer. The bolt will come back far enough to load the next round but not reset the hammer so you will have to manually jack it out. This happens with a few different types of ammo that work fine with all my other rifles.

One thing that my son pointed out that I did not realize is that since day one, the last round hold open has not worked. I did not know if this was a feature or not but after watching a few videos with other people it seems like it it is supposed to work. I have 3 magazines and I have the same issues with all three.

I have tried cleaning, using lots of lube, very little lube and different kinds of lube, nothing has shown any performance difference.

Main ammo I used is federal match bulk, CCi blazer and winchester 333. It seems to perform the best with the 333 but from everything I have read and seen these should be able to eat anything without issue. I do not run thunderbolt in anything I have.

Any ideas?
Old 11-10-2019, 08:25 AM
Jim38885

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I brought my Elite back to the LGS where purchased with a problem. No idea how long they sat on it before calling Tippmann but they said that it took them most of the week to get a response.

My issue was due to a poor design (top rail indicated as but not designed to Picatinny specs) not a quality/operational issue. My Elite shoots and functions well.

I'd keep after them, there have been other posts that Tippmann was good on warranty issues.

Jim
Old 11-11-2019, 06:27 AM
Farmerplinker

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The BHO on mine seems ammo dependent. Subsonic ammo often doesn't work for activating it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2019, 04:05 PM
Tippmann-Arms
RFC Sponsor
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Warranty/Tech

For all warranty and tech questions contact Corey Rice.

email - [email protected]
or
Call Toll Free during business hours - 844 340 9317 X102
Old 11-13-2019, 05:17 PM
Varelse

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
We have not tried subsonic in it yet but I'm sure it would not operate well if it is performing this way with what we are using.

That is the warranty number I have left messages at but I did not have that extension. I will call that and see how it turns out. I'm hoping they can help me figure it out without having to ship it back.

Other than this issue it has been great. We had a couple feeding issues the first few magazines but that seemed to have worked itself out.