Bullpup-one

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

10's are much more reliable!
Old 11-14-2019, 01:13 AM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have 10 total 25rd mags I've accumulated over the last 17yrs. Some of my guns run some of them well, some guns run none of them well.

Old Butler Creek Hot lips 25rd from the AWB days - expect a jam at some point before its empty.

Pair of 2006 maybe BC Steel lips - 2nd most reliable. Of the 2 guns I really ever shoot, they don't have a lot of problems. Getting worn out though at this point.

Pair of BX-25's - One 10-22 runs near flawless. Another doesn't have many issues. 2 more rifles I never really have tried them in.

3 BC Steel lips from 2yrs ago - all 3 are garbage in any gun. Better than when they were new, but still junk. $9 each, not worth that.

Pair of Tactical Inc adjustable mags - Crap. Utter crap. Adjusted them so many times, watched videos, marked bullets and adjusted some more. Never got them to run good in anything. Waste of money to me.

I have one factory receiver built 10-22 that runs BX-25's almost like clockwork. Another off of a factory receiver that is a close 2nd. Another off of a Tactical Inc receiver that won't run any 25rd magazine I own at all. Its a 10rd mag rifle or bust. The other 2 are a sporter and a bench gun that I just use the factory 10's in.

The high cap mags almost always run better on the final half of the rounds than when fully loaded. I'm sure its a combination of things, but I don't know if its the added weight changing the feed angle initially, the spring tension not being as high when full, or the feed angle changing as rounds are added. I'd lean towards the weight and tension, as I've always heard good things on the BX-15.
Old 11-14-2019, 07:07 AM
SteveinAK
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Had good luck with BX25s in all of my 10/22s, except on recently manufactured rifle I bought. I swapped the magazine latch plunger for a KIDD made one and so far that problem is gone. Maybe a coincidence. But, so far so good. As cheap as they are, I may stick one in each of the rest of my 10/22s.
Old 11-14-2019, 07:29 PM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I put that in two of mine, as well as the stiffer plunger spring. Wish you could order it together instead of separate.